Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon 2017

Comments

• Options
    Disappointing tie break but finished the set strongly, needs an early break this set
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Halep rocking the shorts like Gabor Kiraly used to rock his tracky bottoms.
  • Options

Watched ten minutes of it and had to switch off due to Halep's screeching. I just can't bear the noise they make.

I had to put the TV on mute.
  • Options

What the shining heck are you on about? Kiraly looked like a 'tard in his divvy pants. Halep's giving us the benefit of the maximum amount of leg, those shorts are about half an inch below minge base. What you'd give to drive a few up the tramlines with her...
  • Options
    We have a decider, well played Jo
  • Options
    She is definitely no Henman. He would have lost that second set in a similar situation. Clear champion potential with Konta imo.
  • Options
    Come on Jo.
  • Options
    Nice to see the crowd has finally woken up
  • Options

What the shining heck are you on about? Kiraly looked like a 'tard in his divvy pants. Halep's giving us the benefit of the maximum amount of leg, those shorts are about half an inch below minge base. What you'd give to drive a few up the tramlines with her...
    Two handed grip?
  • Options
    Get in there. Konta gets the third set break.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If she wins this I truly believe she will win Wimbledon
  • Options
    Konta playing really well here, now just has to concentrate on holding serve.
  • Options

Whoever wins will lose to Venus in the semi
  • Options
    edited July 2017

I'd like to think Konta has enough weapons (if she makes it) but Venus has the secret weapon of experience.
  • Options

I'd like to think Konta has enough weapons (if she makes it) but Venus has the secret weapon of experience.
    Hope you are proved right mate. Think Muguruza will win the tournament though.
  • Options
    Oh that wasnt fair... that point should have been replayed thanks to the idiots in the crowd!!
  • Options
    Bizarre way to end the match, great game of tennis.

I didn't see Konta winning that match midway through the second set when she wasted a few break points but she held her nerve well in the final set.

Will be a tough match against Venus after 2 3 setters in 2 days.
  • Options
    Fair play. Didn't think Konta deserved to be favourite, but she's proven she's 1 of the best in the world at the moment
  • Options
    Impressed with her tactics today, really going for the points, and finishing things off at the net, a very positive attitude
  • Options
    What a cracking game. Got tickets for Thursday and really looking forward to it. Hopefully, Konta will be able to really trouble Venus
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ostapenko noise is awful.
  • Options
    Fair play to Konta, she's in great form but can't get too excited about her being 'British'. Her parents are Hungarian and she was born in Australia, where she lived for more than half her life.
  • Options
    Why are people wetting themselves with excitement about a woman who wasn't born or brought up here , born to non British parents who spends most of her time out of the country as if she's British?

Quite weird.
  • Options
    I tend to agree. Nothing against Konta, I'm just not that bothered how she does as I just don't consider her to be British
  • Options

I tend to agree. Nothing against Konta, I'm just not that bothered how she does as I just don't consider her to be British

Same here , much like with Chris Froome . Not knocking what they do , both fantastic at their sports but they're not British are they.
  • Options
    To be fair to Froome at least his parents are British, i think his dad even played hockey for England.
  • Options
    she came here when she was14 and then took British citizenship at 21

Do you not consider Mo Farah to be British athlete?

• Options
    Slightly different though, Farah's dad was born here and is a British citizen and Farah came here as a young child and grew up and went to school here.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

she came here when she was14 and then took British citizenship at 21

Do you not consider Mo Farah to be British athlete?

How is her story at all comparable to Farah who moved here as a very young child and has an English father ?