Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club cricket thread

Comments

• Options
    Great to hear the TW singing the National Anthem totally in time with the music and not laughing at all whilst doing so!
  • Options
    TW make 128-5
  • Options
    Oh dear, dolly dropped for the hatrick, but still 3 wickets in 4 balls, Dreux 5 for 3 after 5 balls
  • Options
    Make this 7-4 from 8 balls, could be over very quickly!
  • Options
    Ample revenge for TW over their conquerors yesterday, Dreux, with a 50 run victory. Batting first TW scored 141 with the Williams brothers each hitting 50s. Dreux went down fighting with every other ball in the first half of the innings either a six or a wicket. They eventually made 91 all out off 7.2 overs 
    From that game apparently...

https://twitter.com/thebarmyarmy/status/1492068684235431936?s=21
  • Options
    58-4 after 5

Nisar 43 off 14 & the rest 9 off 16
  • Options
    TW win by 27 runs

O'Riordan with 4-17 the pick of the bowlers - and should have had a hat trick too

Congratulations to TWCC and good luck in the finals week in March
  • Options
    Midday match today in the ECL features four OD Cuaco CC players in the Indo-Bulgarian team.
  • Options
    Midday match today in the ECL features four OD Cuaco CC players in the Indo-Bulgarian team.
    Not sure how they qualify???  Chris Webster is a good player...
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Pedro45 said:
    One of our lads is resident in Bulgaria and has played for the national team.

Chris is a good player, as are the other lads, but when you say 'qualify' - well, I guess it's a just a competition for decent amateur cricketers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pedro45 said:

Chris is a good player, as are the other lads, but when you say 'qualify' - well, I guess it's a just a competition for decent amateur cricketers.
    Then that just makes a mockery of the teams winning local competitions to join this elite tournament who haven't played for the team during "qualification". I hope they go well in any case. 
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Pedro45 said:

Then that just makes a mockery of the teams winning local competitions to join this elite tournament who haven't played for the team during "qualification". I hope they go well in any case. 
    I've genuinely no knowledge of the competition and how teams got to this place.
  • Options
    Anyone heard of any players moving/coming from overseas? The only ones I am aware of are:

Gareth Severin - Wellington (NZ) batsman/keeper to Hayes
    Scott McKechnie - Hong Kong & former Hartley batsman/keeper to Dartford
    David Grant - South Australia & Brisbane Heat quick to Sandwich
    Ed Nuttall - Canterbury (NZ) left arm seamer to Bexley
    Anish Patel - returning to Bexley after a year at Bromley
    Seb Naylor - moving from Sidcup to Bickley

A couple of additional arrivals:

Jack Edwards to Bromley - former Australian U19 and current NSW and Sydney Sixers all rounder
    Lloyd Pope to Canterbury - current South Australia and Sydney Sixers leggy
  • Options
    Tunbridge Wells, minus one or two players such as Marcus O'Riordan and Joe MacCaffrey lost in the final of the European Cricket League to the Spanish representatives. TW can have no argument really because they lost four games this week and all four were to the same side. Great experience for the players though and I have to say that the organisation and coverage is first class for what is an amateur event.
  • Options
    Tunbridge Wells, minus one or two players such as Marcus O'Riordan and Joe MacCaffrey lost in the final of the European Cricket League to the Spanish representatives. TW can have no argument really because they lost four games this week and all four were to the same side. Great experience for the players though and I have to say that the organisation and coverage is first class for what is an amateur event.
    Maximo!
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    My spies tell me that the Austrian Cricket Tigers are building a squad that will "piss this league" next time around!
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Played at The Mote yesterday v Kent Over 50s (who turned us over quite easily). Was very impressed by their opening bowler ("Rupe?" from Hayes CC) who opened the bowling for England Over 60s on their winter tour of Australia.
    Rupert Staple - a legend in the Kent League for an age.
    Bump - this morning at Old Colfeians nets we had the entertaining spectacle of @Leuth facing our new and youthful signing Rupert Staple, Kent League and Over 60s legend. Rupert’s two looseners were driven majestically through cover by Leuth. After that Rupert didn’t bowl a single ball of driveable length for the next half an hour. 

• Options
    A welcome bump of a great thread.
  • Options
    AshBurton said:
    Played at The Mote yesterday v Kent Over 50s (who turned us over quite easily). Was very impressed by their opening bowler ("Rupe?" from Hayes CC) who opened the bowling for England Over 60s on their winter tour of Australia.
    Rupert Staple - a legend in the Kent League for an age.
    Bump - this morning at Old Colfeians nets we had the entertaining spectacle of @Leuth facing our new and youthful signing Rupert Staple, Kent League and Over 60s legend. Rupert’s two looseners that were driven majestically through cover by Leuth. After that Rupert didn’t bowl a single ball of driveable length for the next half an hour. 

It became clear he knew what he was doing when suddenly every single ball was homing in on my left hip
  • Options
    A couple of other new signings - Liam Buttery, following a couple of years at TW and keeper for their European Cricket League team, has returned to Hayes and has been replaced by Kent 2s batsman/keeper Sam Smith (from Bromley). Judging from the social media comments the moves suited all parties which isn't always the case when these things happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A couple of other new signings - Liam Buttery, following a couple of years at TW and keeper for their European Cricket League team, has returned to Hayes and has been replaced by Kent 2s batsman/keeper Sam Smith (from Bromley). Judging from the social media comments the moves suited all parties which isn't always the case when these things happen.
    We did wonder where Sam would end up as Bromley just wasn't going right for him. He is a decent bat and he could do well in the TW middle order once the Williams boys have had their fun! Liam is also a decent keeper, and he might flourish higher up the order for Hayes.

My first game of the season is Hayes at Bexley!
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    We did wonder where Sam would end up as Bromley just wasn't going right for him. He is a decent bat and he could do well in the TW middle order once the Williams boys have had their fun! Liam is also a decent keeper, and he might flourish higher up the order for Hayes.

Hayes are starting to put together a decent side. Hopefully we will get to see you at a Bickley game.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Hayes are starting to put together a decent side. Hopefully we will get to see you at a Bickley game.
    Yes, I think I have them against Hayes! I trust you are not going to be scoring at BP?

• Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Pedro45 said:

Yes, I think I have them against Hayes! I trust you are not going to be scoring at BP?

I'm rather hoping that as BP already have a 1st team scorer I will get to watch the boy (he's in Singapore as I write this waiting for a connecting flight home) playing for the first time in a decade without having to do so. If not then I will volunteer to do so but, whatever happens, I look forward to catching up you then.
  • Options
    When do the leagues start this season ? 
  • Options
    7th May
  • Options
    7th May
    Some teams have a game on 30th April, but not many....
  • Options
    Playing on Sunday and Monday this week. Haven't netted at all. Bring it on... sigh
  • Options
    Do your skills need a net Paddy?

How long to get those magic digits working and you are not there to bat are you ? 
  • Options
    7th May our league starts , Canvey poxy Island away 
    Finished 4th last season and with the juggling of the leagues we (South Loughton 2nds) got promoted to the 8th Division I'm a stone heavier than when the season finished early for me with an injury (typical Charlton) 
    Our friendly's start this weekend but I'm sitting out trying to fully recover my poxy groin