Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club cricket thread

Comments

• Options
    26 off Ian McLean's over and Dreux achieve 82-0 off 3 overs. The biggest ever Power Play in the history of the comp (over 2,000 games)

Dreux chase the target down with 88-0 off 19 balls!!!!

Stewards enquiry...
  • Options
    Watching a replay of the chase. These commentators are amazing! And so are some of the shots played by that Niaz
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    26 off Ian McLean's over and Dreux achieve 82-0 off 3 overs. The biggest ever Power Play in the history of the comp (over 2,000 games)

Stewards enquiry...
    The thing is no one would for one minute suggest that anything untoward has occurred but it is a bit disconcerting to see a bookmaker being advertised above each and every scorecard. I haven't checked but I would be shocked if any mainstream UK bookmaker is offering prices on this comp.

I suspect that the issue is not just that TW rested some players again. More to do with the fact that, in using an artificial surface, the ball will do next to nothing on the pitch so batsmen just set themselves to hit it.
  • Options
    On more mundane matters, is anyone apart from me going to the Kent League AGM tonight? Agenda is about a mile long, so it could be a long night! 
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Stewards enquiry...
    The thing is no one would for one minute suggest that anything untoward has occurred but it is a bit disconcerting to see a bookmaker being advertised above each and every scorecard. I haven't checked but I would be shocked if any mainstream UK bookmaker is offering prices on this comp.

I suspect that the issue is not just that TW rested some players again. More to do with the fact that, in using an artificial surface, the ball will do next to nothing on the pitch so batsmen just set themselves to hit it.
    Meanwhile, ACT march on with a comfortable 10 wicket win over the Helsinki Titans. TW obviously celebrated yesterday's rather fortunate win over ACT a little too comprehensively. It's tight at the top of Group A, and the question has to be asked whether TW have the necessary stamina for a competition that is more a marathon than a sprint. 

• Options
    Pedro45 said:

Stewards enquiry...

Meanwhile, ACT march on with a comfortable 10 wicket win over the Helsinki Titans. TW obviously celebrated yesterday's rather fortunate win over ACT a little too comprehensively. It's tight at the top of Group A, and the question has to be asked whether TW have the necessary stamina for a competition that is more a marathon than a sprint. 

There's no excusing today's performance. The one thing that is certain though is that they won't leave out Alex Williams, Marcus O'Riordan, Christian Davis and Michael Waller in the important games from now on.
  • Options
    Well there could be another shock result in the making. TW against the waiters from Austria are currently 49-5 off 5
  • Options
    TW finish on 104-7
  • Options
    Close finish. Wickets tumbling, but only 6 needed off the last over for the Austrians to win.
  • Options
    Wow, what a finish.  Well bowled Dave Smith!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We wuz robbed!  :)
  • Options
    Sensational stuff. TW win by one run!
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Unbelievable figures there. That wasn't just victory from the jaws of defeat, that had been chewed and swallowed and he somehow pulled it back up the throat.
  • Options
    Ample revenge for TW over their conquerors yesterday, Dreux, with a 50 run victory. Batting first TW scored 141 with the Williams brothers each hitting 50s. Dreux went down fighting with every other ball in the first half of the innings either a six or a wicket. They eventually made 91 all out off 7.2 overs 
  • Options
    Games are on TV, Sky 422 (Free Sports)
  • Options
    The biggest difference between TW and the other sides isn't the bowling or the batting - it's the fielding. TW are only half way through their innings but ACT have dropped at least three catches and made umpteen ground fielding errors
  • Options
    TW post 141. Exactly the same score as their last game
  • Options
    ACT gave it a good go but TW end up winning by 28 runs and go straight into the final at 4.00pm our time 
  • Options
    If I understand this correctly, ACT have to win another game to get to the final in order to play TW for a FOURTH time.
  • Options
    If I understand this correctly, ACT have to win another game to get to the final in order to play TW for a FOURTH time.
    That is correct. 4th time lucky?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I very much doubt it! Somehow, ACT have had to play TW three times. None of the other teams had to do that. Three defeats. No surprise there really. Next up will be Dreux. ACT have beaten them twice already and have not lost a game in the competition to anybody other than TW, so I think it's more likely that it will be third time unlucky against Dreux. I've always been an optimist!  ;)
  • Options
    I very much doubt it! Somehow, ACT have had to play TW three times. None of the other teams had to do that. Three defeats. No surprise there really. Next up will be Dreux. ACT have beaten them twice already and have not lost a game in the competition to anybody other than TW, so I think it's more likely that it will be third time unlucky against Dreux. I've always been an optimist!  ;)
    Collateral for though - Dreux did beat TW! But you are quite right as TW have won every game in which they have played their strongest X1 and the final should be no different.
  • Options
    4pm kick off for the final...TW vs either Dreux or ACT.
  • Options
    AshBurton said:
    On more mundane matters, is anyone apart from me going to the Kent League AGM tonight? Agenda is about a mile long, so it could be a long night! 
    Any interesting news come from the meeting? 
  • Options
    Ash told me last night that aside from merging the 1sts and 2nds leagues and allowing 30 over games it was a bit boring 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Anyone heard of any players moving/coming from overseas? The only ones I am aware of are:

Gareth Severin - Wellington (NZ) batsman/keeper to Hayes
    Scott McKechnie - Hong Kong & former Hartley batsman/keeper to Dartford
    David Grant - South Australia & Brisbane Heat quick to Sandwich
    Ed Nuttall - Canterbury (NZ) left arm seamer to Bexley
    Anish Patel - returning to Bexley after a year at Bromley
    Seb Naylor - moving from Sidcup to Bickley

• Options
    Anyone heard of any players moving/coming from overseas? The only ones I am aware of are:

Congrats to Seb! Good bunch of lads at BP...

Chislehurst & West Kent have signed 18-y-o Jack Sanson from Eastlake CC, Canberra. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Pedro45 said:

Congrats to Seb! Good bunch of lads at BP...

Chislehurst & West Kent have signed 18-y-o Jack Sanson from Eastlake CC, Canberra. 

Thanks @Pedro45

Not an easy decision as Sidcup were really good to him and have been in totally understanding the reasons for him making the move. There are already many connections with BP - Seb's older brother (exactly 10 years older), Christian, used to play for their colts and lower adult teams, Seb was coached for a number of years by their (and former Bexley) opening bowler, Jason Benn and he has also played for a good time with Max Luckett at Kent and Karanjot Singh at Area levels.
  • Options
    The dream is over! Bottled it in the semi-final! There will have to be a complete clear out of the current kitchen and waiting staff in our Indian restaurants if AC Tigers are going to move to the next level in next year's competition. 
  • Options
    One change for TW - Christian Davis comes in for Joe MacCaffrey