Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club cricket thread

Comments

• Options
    Oh god, don't make me nervous
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Don’t worry - They would have informed you first Leuth 
  • Options
    Just received the Umpires & Scorers Newsletter in which it states that one player has been banned from all League cricket for repeated offences over the years. Anyone know the identity of the player in question? 
    Nope, but could make a few guesses!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Leuth said:
    Don’t worry - They would have informed you first Leuth 
    Oh balls, I forgot to pass on the message
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I have just heard a rumour that Aiden Markram has turned down the IPL to play for Minster in the Kent Premier League. If that is true then the world really has gone mad!
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I have just heard a rumour that Aiden Markram has turned down the IPL to play for Minster in the Kent Premier League. If that is true then the world really has gone mad!
    If so the world has gone mad ...there used to be a rule that you must not have played international representative cricket within the last 3 years unless you you are a home grown player playing for your home club

I am sure that still applies ( I am waiting in a hospital car park at the moment so cant access the hand book) 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    If so the world has gone mad ...there used to be a rule that you must not have played international representative cricket within the last 3 years unless you you are a home grown player playing for your home club

I am sure that still applies ( I am waiting in a hospital car park at the moment so cant access the hand book) 
    That would depend on the definition of "international representative cricket" because their overseas last season, Ed Moore. left in June to play for South Africa "A" and then returned again once he had done so
  • Options
    Impossible. He is currently playing Test cricket, ie literally today. Is it a different Markram or something?
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Impossible. He is currently playing Test cricket, ie literally today. Is it a different Markram or something?
    Yep. Probably one of those rumours that are a long way from the truth. Mind you, Minster did sign Matt Coles the other season and announce it on Twitter without realising he wasn't allowed to play in Div 2 didn't they? 
  • Options
    lolwray said:

That would depend on the definition of "international representative cricket" because their overseas last season, Ed Moore. left in June to play for South Africa "A" and then returned again once he had done so
    He definitely would be ineligible 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lolwray said:
    lolwray said:

Yep. The source of the info has been told to tell his informant to check the KCL rules best time! 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    lolwray said:

Yep. The source of the info has been told to tell his informant to check the KCL rules best time! 
    In theory Zak Crawley could play but I am not sure hed be considered good enough 😉
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Tunbridge Wells are competing in the European Cricket Network T10 comp in Malaga. I say "competing" but the standard is woeful and they should absolutely walk the competition. It looks great fun though and the coverage is very good for such a low grade event. 

TW are currently playing Star CC from that hotbed of cricket playing nations, Luxembourg. TW took a squad of 16 and appear to have rested a few of their heavier drinkers following a serious session last night but still managed to make 111-8 with Viraj Bhatia top scoring with 27 (10) and Kent's very own Marcus O'Riordan making 26 (12)

Live streaming and scorecard here:

https://www.ecn.cricket/scores-fixtures/scorecard/star-cc-vs-tunbridge-wells-live-scores-statub02082022208052

I'm sure Ian McLean, who probably bowls at around 75mph, will love the fact that he is described as being "sharp" and "having raw pace"!!!
  • Options
    Art, history, culture, trams, Prater Park, the Danube, coffeehouses and now a cricket team made up of waiting staff. Book your flight today
  • Options
    Really don't know what Star CC were doing there. 27-3 after 6 overs with no boundaries whatsoever at that point, they end up with 101-3 and lose by just 10 runs. This would have been the biggest upset since North Korea beat Italy in the 1966 World Cup!
  • Options
    TW brought on their Leuth?
  • Options
    Later today is the big one - TW v The Austrian Cricket Tigers
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Leuth said:
    TW brought on their Leuth?
    If you mean Johnny Shepherdson then yes - he managed to go for 13 off 2 balls!

They also scored 37 off their last 9 balls - 6 4 4 off the last three balls of the bowling of Joe McCaffrey (current Kent Academy and 2nd XI and son of Sky's Rob McCaffrey) followed by 21 off Ian McClean (former Kent age group). The opener ended up 48 off 27 but scored 34 of them off his final 7 balls!!!
  • Options
    C'mon Tigers! They didn't build the Kunsthistorisches so you'd flop in the big one
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That will be what they call a "Straßenfeger" here. The streets will be empty because the whole country will be watching. Forget the Austrian skiers at the Olympics! Go Tigers!
  • Options
    That will be what they call a "Straßenfeger" here. The streets will be empty because the whole country will be watching. Forget the Austrian skiers at the Olympics! Go Tigers!

You need to be aware that the big guns, namely Chris & Alex Williams, Dave Smith, Michael Waller and Bailey Wightman, having certainly recovered from last night's efforts, will be back for this top of the table encounter!
  • Options
    We'll just have to hope that the Austrian Wasim Akram recovers from his hangover a bit quicker than usual!
  • Options
    This is going to be different class having this on in the office hahaha. Can't say I know any of the T Wells lads to be fair but it'll be really funny regardless.

4pm, bring it on lmao
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    PaddyP17 said:
    This is going to be different class having this on in the office hahaha. Can't say I know any of the T Wells lads to be fair but it'll be really funny regardless.

4pm, bring it on lmao

I know or know of a few of the lads.

Seb played with Ian and Mark McLean (both Kent age group in their time and came from Hartley when they suffered their massive loss of players) a few years ago against the PCA when the likes of Jonathan Trott and Luke Wright smashed all the bowlers, including Jas Singh. all over the park. In fact, at one point, Trott turned round to Seb who was keeping and asked him where he wanted him to hit the next ball - Seb said "over extra cover". Trott duly obliged and hit the ball, in to out, over extra cover for six. Trott hit the next two balls too where Seb told him to! Seb was also three years below their wicket keeper, Liam Buttery, at Chis & Sid and they played together there. He moved from Hayes a couple of years ago.

Seb has played quite a lot with Joe McCaffrey at Kent. Joe came to the UK five years ago when his Dad returned from his stint in Dubai but was put in the school year above his age and started in September at Loughborough University a year early. He's also in the Kent Academy and played a couple of games for Kent 2s last season, bowls leg spin, has a very good googly and an extremely fast faster ball. His Mum originates form Hungary and Joe even trialled to play for them at cricket at the age of 12. He is fluent in that language too - I once tried to converse with him in Hungarian but it's safe to say that he was singularly unimpressed with my efforts in doing so. But there again, despite both my parents being from Hungary, I can barely count to ten in that language!

Tunbridge Wells are certainly taking this comp very seriously - 14 of their squad of 16 played in their 1s last season and they are probably only missing one player from their KPL first choice XI from last season.

• Options
    Men against boys!

A C T 62-7 (10)
    T W 66-0 (3.4)

• Options
    Men against boys!

A C T 62-7 (10)
    T W 66-0 (3.4)

My dear wife neglected to tell me that "we" had agreed to take the granddaughter to the cinema this afternoon, so I missed it! Could have gone either way by the looks of it. 

That one needs to be written off as a bad day at the office, and we need to concentrate on beating the Helsinki Titans next up. That would leave us in second place in the group I think. Onwards and upwards!  B)
  • Options
    Potential shock of the century!

TW 86 all out. Kent 2s bowler, Bailey Wightman, goes for 26 in the first over of the French minnows Dreux's innings!
  • Options
    McCaffrey, in the next over, goes for 6, 6, 6, 6, 0, 6 and Dreux are 56-0 off 2!!!! 
  • Options
    26 off Ian McLean's over and Dreux achieve 82-0 off 3 overs. The biggest ever Power Play in the history of the comp (over 2,000 games)

Dreux chase the target down with 88-0 off 19 balls!!!!