Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Probably discussed before, just about everything else has, but if the Australian Football Consortium do complete the takeover does that mean the club will be AFC Charlton Athletic ? Could be a deal breaker in my opinion - don’t sell Roland...

Target 2,000 here we come...
  • Options

@Airman Brown you're probably best placed to answer this one.

Could there potentially be a scenario where the three ex-directors who would refuse to have The Valley & Sparrows Lane leased out could they potentially be repaid there money owed to them leaving just four ex-directors all in favour of The Valley & Sparrows Lane being leased out? A partial repayment if you like of the ex-directors loans or is the repayment of the loans kind of an all or nothing arrangement?

In short if we were left with 4 ex-directors all happy to have The Valley and Sparrows Lane leased is this possible?

The loans are all independent of each other, so they can all be settled on different terms - or not settled - but whether the individuals would agree to that is another matter.

So can they refuse to have their loans paid off? I hope they can.

The way I see it is that Roland already tried to go down the route of keeping the Valley and training ground. He found that not all of the ex directors wanted this. IF all it needed was for him to pay off the debts of those who didn't want him to keep the Valley then he could have done that there and then. He's not short of a penny and could have raised the money easily via Melexis, for example.

IMHO he's having a sell off while he can - probably to use the cash to do something on his latest farm idea.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Could there potentially be a scenario where the three ex-directors who would refuse to have The Valley & Sparrows Lane leased out could they potentially be repaid there money owed to them leaving just four ex-directors all in favour of The Valley & Sparrows Lane being leased out? A partial repayment if you like of the ex-directors loans or is the repayment of the loans kind of an all or nothing arrangement?

In short if we were left with 4 ex-directors all happy to have The Valley and Sparrows Lane leased is this possible?

The loans are all independent of each other, so they can all be settled on different terms - or not settled - but whether the individuals would agree to that is another matter.

The way I see it is that Roland already tried to go down the route of keeping the Valley and training ground. He found that not all of the ex directors wanted this. IF all it needed was for him to pay off the debts of those who didn't want him to keep the Valley then he could have done that there and then. He's not short of a penny and could have raised the money easily via Melexis, for example.

IMHO he's having a sell off while he can - probably to use the cash to do something on his latest farm idea.
    The difference though is previously RD never needed to pay off the loans either in full or part.

He still doesn't need to either but if partially paying them off clears the way for a deal to be struck for him to retain The Valley and Sparrows Lane then unless we have a watertight guarantee to be able to buy both back in the future for an agreed fixed price and a watertight guarantee we can't ever be evicted then this is a seriously worrying scenario you only need to look at Coventry for example of how badly that could potentially go. Let's just hope this isn't on RD's radar.
  • Options

The difference though is previously RD never needed to pay off the loans either in full or part.

He still doesn't need to either but if partially paying them off clears the way for a deal to be struck for him to retain The Valley and Sparrows Lane then unless we have a watertight guarantee to be able to buy both back in the future for an agreed fixed price and a watertight guarantee we can't ever be evicted then this is a seriously worrying scenario you only need to look at Coventry for example of how badly that could potentially go. Let's just hope this isn't on RD's radar.
    What I'm still confused about is can they refuse to have their loans paid off - effectively blocking him keeping the Valley?
  • Options

What I'm still confused about is can they refuse to have their loans paid off - effectively blocking him keeping the Valley?
    I've not got a clue myself though Beardface posted about a page ago, believes if the full terms are met then legally they would have to accept.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    If an individual ex director is paid off in full, he cant stop that. If only offered say 80% he can say no.
  • Options

I spoke with Gerard Murphy around about this time last year. He contacted me after I emailed henslow and just showed some interest
    At no point did I state I was a Charlton fan and at no point did he state that Charlton were the club they were looking at.
    I think he thought I was going to or interested in investing, so I sort of played along to a point.

Much of the stuff he told me was pie in the sky sort of stuff to my mind but I won't go into that.
    He did state that there were differing levels of investment opportunities and I think the lower level was around £3-5 mill. So you can see how there might be many comings and goings as things drag on.
    I'm not sure how far they've gone in making the investment opportunity visible to those Charlton supporters with that kind of Capital?
    I'm sure there are a few around that might be interested. The silence around this whole deal suggests they haven't. But who better to own a chunk of this great club than one of our own. Or are they trying to keep this Aussie inclusive? Saying that, I didn't put on my terrible Australian accent so maybe not.
    Who knows,but they need to pull their bloody finger out.

This is quite a shock to think that there could be that many people involved then it is more in line with a crowd funding like @i_b_b_o_r_g has said

What if those numbers from @carly burn has mentioned reduced because they couldn’t raise the capital and the options started lower than £3 mil it would be a very messy way to run a football club

My impression on this consortium was it would be no more than 5 very wealthy individuals with one owning 51% or more and then the rest taking the remainder

All of this should be made public to us the fans before we just accept anyone owning the club in this way

Especially if those who are creating the consortium are able to be be contacted and openly discuss their interests after an email and call

Surely all interested parties would have to show proof of funds or allow a credit Check before Any further coms would happen

So either @carly burn has done really well for themselves in life (congratulations and no disrespect Intended) or we have a real risk of being bought out by a bunch of wannabes all over again

Ffs typical fucking Charlton
  • Options
    How the fook are the aussies going to fund this going forward, their front man worth half a billion pound won't even dip in his own pocket to pay off the 3/4M to buy more time to raise the asking price.
  • Options

I spoke with Gerard Murphy around about this time last year. He contacted me after I emailed henslow and just showed some interest
    At no point did I state I was a Charlton fan and at no point did he state that Charlton were the club they were looking at.
    I think he thought I was going to or interested in investing, so I sort of played along to a point.

Much of the stuff he told me was pie in the sky sort of stuff to my mind but I won't go into that.
    He did state that there were differing levels of investment opportunities and I think the lower level was around £3-5 mill. So you can see how there might be many comings and goings as things drag on.
    I'm not sure how far they've gone in making the investment opportunity visible to those Charlton supporters with that kind of Capital?
    I'm sure there are a few around that might be interested. The silence around this whole deal suggests they haven't. But who better to own a chunk of this great club than one of our own. Or are they trying to keep this Aussie inclusive? Saying that, I didn't put on my terrible Australian accent so maybe not.

This is quite a shock to think that there could be that many people involved then it is more in line with a crowd funding like @i_b_b_o_r_g has said

What if those numbers from @carly burn has mentioned reduced because they couldn’t raise the capital and the options started lower than £3 mil it would be a very messy way to run a football club

My impression on this consortium was it would be no more than 5 very wealthy individuals with one owning 51% or more and then the rest taking the remainder

All of this should be made public to us the fans before we just accept anyone owning the club in this way

Especially if those who are creating the consortium are able to be be contacted and openly discuss their interests after an email and call

Surely all interested parties would have to show proof of funds or allow a credit Check before Any further coms would happen

So either @carly burn has done really well for themselves in life (congratulations and no disrespect Intended) or we have a real risk of being bought out by a bunch of wannabes all over again

You wanna hear the stuff I've left out!

That'll really worry you!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If new investors come on board presumably they need to be cleared by the EFL which will create further delays.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

NLA can you stop posting rubbish like the Aussies haven't got the cssh becaise Muir obviously has. What the consortium has is a well structured business plan with budgeted investment and shared risk. If a hedge fund offered you 6% would you sink all your money in or a fraction then see how things go? Too many poor football owners fail due to open cheque bookd.

It is not rubbish.

Why not? Muir has the money to buy us on his own but he is a successful businessman for a reason. They are just spreading the risk around. One of those sharing the risk was rejected by the EFL because of links to another Club. So now they are looking for a replacement investor. If NLA was to say that LargeAddick doesn’t have the money to conclude a deal he’d be right, just, but to say the Aussies don’t have the money is plainly wrong, they have it but are just not stupid enough to want to spend it.
    But that’s where you are incorrect large in the context of buying cafc the Aussie consortium led by Muir right now does not have the funding in place to conclude the deal currently

The official statement eluded to it

Mr seeds grandson has said it this evening

The facts remain that yes there is atleast seriously wealthy individual who could buy the club using less than 10% of his net wealth but he currently chooses not to

If they were told to conclude today they couldn’t

Due to lack of funds within the consortium to be released into this project

In my world that means you ain’t got the money

I find it hilarious that all day it’s been said I have been fed lies and shite to belittle and muddy the Aussies when all along that person also knew that right now the Aussie bidders still need one or two more people to conclude and seal the deal

These are all facts

Not having the funding, which we all realise they obviously don’t have, is totally different to your previous mantra that they don’t have the money.
  • Options

If new investors come on board presumably they need to be cleared by the EFL which will create further delays.

I think that is what is happening now.
  • Options
    Nobody has the right to refuse a full repayment of their loan - what I meant was that if one or more individuals gets paid out it is possible that others might take the view they then want the same thing.
  • Options
    Morning all, just doing my part to get this to 1k pages. Over and out.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

NLA can you stop posting rubbish like the Aussies haven't got the cssh becaise Muir obviously has. What the consortium has is a well structured business plan with budgeted investment and shared risk. If a hedge fund offered you 6% would you sink all your money in or a fraction then see how things go? Too many poor football owners fail due to open cheque bookd.

It is not rubbish.

Why not? Muir has the money to buy us on his own but he is a successful businessman for a reason. They are just spreading the risk around. One of those sharing the risk was rejected by the EFL because of links to another Club. So now they are looking for a replacement investor. If NLA was to say that LargeAddick doesn’t have the money to conclude a deal he’d be right, just, but to say the Aussies don’t have the money is plainly wrong, they have it but are just not stupid enough to want to spend it.
    But that’s where you are incorrect large in the context of buying cafc the Aussie consortium led by Muir right now does not have the funding in place to conclude the deal currently

The facts remain that yes there is atleast seriously wealthy individual who could buy the club using less than 10% of his net wealth but he currently chooses not to

I find it hilarious that all day it’s been said I have been fed lies and shite to belittle and muddy the Aussies when all along that person also knew that right now the Aussie bidders still need one or two more people to conclude and seal the deal

These are all facts

Not having the funding, which we all realise they obviously don’t have, is totally different to your previous mantra that they don’t have the money.
    How is it?
  • Options

Give peace a chance

He’s played 48 games for the club now, and was captain towards the end of the season - he’s had his chance!
    R
    Yes, I’m aware peace hasnt got an R in it.
    R.u
  • Options

dickplumb said:

It is not rubbish.

These are all facts

How is it?
    Thank you tell me as well when you find out

This should really be a topic that is discussed and looked into further by those that do all the investigation stuff that we are fortunate to find out
  • Options
    edited June 2018

A lot of speculation there. I thought you only dealt in FACTS :wink:

Bottom line is, we don't know how many people are involved and if the minimum investment was 3-5 million then we are looking at a maximum of 10-11 investors, which is nothing like crowdfunding which has much higher numbers of investors, so it's probably unhelpful to over-exaggerate like that.

Let's just wait and see what happens. In any event, whatever it turns out to be, it's going to have to be REALLY bad to be worse than what we have right now.
    I agree that we would need to scrape low to find worse but we do surely deserve better also after all this time

It sounds like @carly burn is holder of many facts 8) from that initial contact

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Hopefully when the EFL do their fit and proper assessment they will block a takeover if it's that bad.

Mind you it's the EFL so I am now very worried.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

It is not rubbish.

These are all facts

I think you're being a bit pedantic bro'. I'm sure most people would read "not have the money" as not having enough money to by the club.....ie £40m. To me it sounds as if nla is spot on. The consortium at one point were good to go, agreed everything & so the fit & proper test was done. Since then something had changed......we have all believed this to be down to 2 investors being blocked by the EFL because of their involvements elsewhere and because of this the consortium is now short of the £40m needed, although @PragueAddick is now saying that the Trust has heard otherwise.

whether you call it "funding" or "money" is semantics. If they had to conclude the deal on Monday & hand over £40m it appears they don't have it. To me that is a great worry. If Muir was so sure of himself that he made it known who he was at the play off game & had pics taken of him and scarfy mk2, then he should be sure that enough funding/money is available to not only purchase the club but to buy players this summer & run the club for the foreseeable future.
  • Options
    How long did it take for Jimenez/Slater to sell to Duchatelet.
    I would assume less than 14 months ?

That question is for the man with the microphone and seen standing on street corners, AB.
  • Options
    BlockG is the only man in the know. It’s this week.
  • Options

Nobody has the right to refuse a full repayment of their loan - what I meant was that if one or more individuals gets paid out it is possible that others might take the view they then want the same thing.

And quite rightly, in my view. Setting aside everything else, Duchatelet would be creating a preference in the event of any administration/liquidation further down the road. And as much as I'd like to see him banged up for fraudulent trading, it would be prudent for creditors within a group of creditors with the same debt status to be treated equally.

Read more here: https://begbies-traynorgroup.com/articles/insolvency/understanding-preference-in-insolvency-and-why-you-should-avoid-making-preferential-payments
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Addickted said:

Cool it.......the pair of you.

He called you a troll for daring to ask about Muir...… twice!
    I think he was talking about Stu of Kunming........not me.....least I hope so!
    Certainly wasn't you sir! Stu has a go at me at every opportunity for some reason best known to himself.
    No, i dont, disagreeing with what you post is not having a go, you senile old goat.

Anyway. When I have time I'll reply to the offensive PM you have sent me at 1am.
    That’s quite wrong sending PMs to people that are offensive at any time of the morning

All because I'm not convinced the aussies are our saviours, I then get accussed to following some bloke I've never heard of, on a forum I've never visited, it's beyond weird.

It's not my fault nothing he's said on this thread has come true, although I've never blamed that on him, I really think he posted what he did in good faith, saldy its looking more and more likely the Aussies found a willing idiot to get their story across, maybe they should focus a little more on getting their own house on order.

as their own website stated, they've been trying to raise funds for 16 months, that is a long, long time.

Anyway I'm not getting involved with him anymore, I really think the bloke is wired up wrong he loses his shit as soon as anyone doesn't fall in line with what he's saying. Everyone is being fed spin and lies, apart from him, of course, no way would his contacts say anything that wasn't 100% true. Delusional.
    My thoughts as well mate, particularly after the PM he sent me.

Apparantly some geezer has his hand up my backside then I start talking.
    Which pub were you in when this happened?
    #justaskin
  • Options
    edited June 2018

JamesSeed said:

Addickted said:

Cool it.......the pair of you.

He called you a troll for daring to ask about Muir...… twice!
    I think he was talking about Stu of Kunming........not me.....least I hope so!
    Certainly wasn't you sir! Stu has a go at me at every opportunity for some reason best known to himself.
    No, i dont, disagreeing with what you post is not having a go, you senile old goat.

Anyway. When I have time I'll reply to the offensive PM you have sent me at 1am.
    That’s quite wrong sending PMs to people that are offensive at any time of the morning

All because I'm not convinced the aussies are our saviours, I then get accussed to following some bloke I've never heard of, on a forum I've never visited, it's beyond weird.

It's not my fault nothing he's said on this thread has come true, although I've never blamed that on him, I really think he posted what he did in good faith, saldy its looking more and more likely the Aussies found a willing idiot to get their story across, maybe they should focus a little more on getting their own house on order.

as their own website stated, they've been trying to raise funds for 16 months, that is a long, long time.

Anyway I'm not getting involved with him anymore, I really think the bloke is wired up wrong he loses his shit as soon as anyone doesn't fall in line with what he's saying. Everyone is being fed spin and lies, apart from him, of course, no way would his contacts say anything that wasn't 100% true. Delusional.
    My thoughts as well mate, particularly after the PM he sent me.

Apparantly some geezer has his hand up my backside then I start talking.
    Which pub were you in when this happened?
    #justaskin
    Have been known to go drinking in Old Compton Street.
  • Options

A lot of speculation there. I thought you only dealt in FACTS :wink:

Bottom line is, we don't know how many people are involved and if the minimum investment was 3-5 million then we are looking at a maximum of 10-11 investors, which is nothing like crowdfunding which has much higher numbers of investors, so it's probably unhelpful to over-exaggerate like that.

Let's just wait and see what happens. In any event, whatever it turns out to be, it's going to have to be REALLY bad to be worse than what we have right now.
    I agree that we would need to scrape low to find worse but we do surely deserve better also after all this time

It sounds like @carly burn is holder of many facts 8) from that initial contact

Indeed. Though it does beg the question, why is he only sharing it now? He said he had this conversation about a year ago :confused:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!