Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    It appears the takeover is Definetely Maybe happening at some point
  • Options
    Eddickted said:

Possibly
  • Options
    Think RD has discovered the importance of being idle...
  • Options
    I bet Roland is casting his beady eye over this thread
  • Options

I bet Roland is casting his beady eye over this thread

Muzza does but its just an internet thing.
  • Options
    Does the British lot have more money and experience in football then the Aussies and P Elliott?.
  • Options
    Some Might Say that we're getting rid of Roland Little By Little but I'm just hoping his reign doesn't Live Forever and instead is allowed to Slide Away.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Hoping Little James (seed) has some more positive news v soon...
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    what's the story with this thread? some might say the other bidders will bring Hindu times but round our way we'll roll with it and let forever be.... do you know what I mean
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Give me strength (or cigarettes & alcohol)
  • Options
    Eddickted said:

ITK?
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Hoping Little James (seed) has some more positive news v soon...

I’m positive that I’ll be cycling slowly up a lot of hills on a vintage bike tomorrow, and it’ll hurt.

I’m also positive it’s cold in my tent.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

JamesSeed said:

Sorry, I posted this earlier on the wrong thread:

It was four weeks ago today that I put out the ‘beer meeting’ post.
    Really disappointing that the deal has yet to be concluded, but even if we are left playing catch-up, I think it’ll be worth it in the long run with new owners.
    But I really really hope we’re not destined for more than one season in Div 1.
    In Bowyer’s ability to recruit in uncertain times we trust.

Trust me, we won’t be recruiting under RD this summer. No takeover, no new players.
    No new players, apart from out of contract ones, journey men & very cheap downgrades to replace those further sold. It will be the pattern of the last few years, but more so.

Duchatelet won’t mind as it will bring his Charlton Orient back up plan B of ‘developing’ the Valley closer. Less fans & less opposition to the mad scheme.
  • Options
    I don’t think that is or has ever been a plan of his.
  • Options

Scoham said:

maybe not develop the whole Valley but the club certainly paid for a study into building flats in the car park.

Tony Keohone also visited Orient to see how they had developed flats in the corner of their ground. Not realising that Orient's Commercial manager was Steve Dixon.
    He didn't even know who Steve Dixon was
  • Options
    It is easy to see what his plans for stadia are by studying what is at STVV, and what is planned, both at Jena and Ujpest. None of these cases involve moving the club. Furthermore, I know for a fact that when the Arenacom consortium approached him after he had taken charge, about jointly working on a new stadium at the Peninsula, he told them very firmly that he was not interested.

So it seems pretty clear to me that he is into "develop what you have". Which is not such a bad thing provided you understand what is necessary to retain the atmosphere, the very soul of the club you have bought.
  • Options

It is easy to see what his plans for stadia are by studying what is at STVV, and what is planned, both at Jena and Ujpest. None of these cases involve moving the club. Furthermore, I know for a fact that when the Arenacom consortium approached him after he had taken charge, about jointly working on a new stadium at the Peninsula, he told them very firmly that he was not interested.

So it seems pretty clear to me that he is into "develop what you have". Which is not such a bad thing provided you understand what is necessary to retain the atmosphere, the very soul of the club you have bought.

Not sure he will have an easy ride with planning in the UK, if MPs and supporters unite to fight him.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Not sure he will have an easy ride with planning in the UK, if MPs and supporters unite to fight him.
    As he found out but as ever with Duchatelet he fail to grasp that the UK isn't Belgium.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cfgs said:

As he found out but as ever with Duchatelet he fail to grasp that the UK isn't Belgium.
    Despite a large fortune he isn't the brightest.
  • Options
    Hurry up sell the club.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Scoham said:

maybe not develop the whole Valley but the club certainly paid for a study into building flats in the car park.

Tony Keohone also visited Orient to see how they had developed flats in the corner of their ground. Not realising that Orient's Commercial manager was Steve Dixon.
    He didn't even know who Steve Dixon was
    I reckon Dixon did not know whether to laugh or cry when he had the meeting with Keohane.
  • Options
    I miss the poetry
  • Options
    cafcwill said:

I miss the poetry

I miss the joy.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I miss the penalty (sic Lionel Messi)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!