Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Ultimatum said:

Ultimately, no one knows what the hell is going on...

The most sensible post on this thread bar none.
  • Options

Ultimatum said:

Ultimately by Ultimatum!

• Options

Ultimatum said:

Ultimately by Ultimatum!

• Options
    So it could be the Aussies? Or a British consortium fronted by Paul Elliott ( who doesn’t personally have the cash ) who may have connections to the Scottish lot who appeared recently at the valley Or Redbull who are quietly and secretly going through the process of buying the club in the background while we post pictures of kangaroos jumping around in Maryon Wilson park.

Next update in another 400 odd posts.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

One of the parties was at the club today. This has got at least another week to run.

Do you genuinely know who these people are RH?
    Yes he is foreign and very very wealthy.
    When you say wealthy do you mean Man city Billionaire wealthy where money doesnt matter.

Or is he a wealthy poor millionaire who needs to watch the pennies still :)
  • Options
    Imminence?

Is it the pope?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redhenry said:

Nicholas said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

One of the parties was at the club today. This has got at least another week to run.

When you say wealthy do you mean Man city Billionaire wealthy where money doesnt matter.

Closer to Man C
    Ffs. We’re Charlton. It won’t happen will it.

Probably end up buying the knuckle draggers
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Redhenry said:

Nicholas said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Closer to Man C
    Holy shiiiiit

Okay, I can wait a bit longer.
    Remember kids. It's the hope that kills you.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Redhenry said:

Nicholas said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Closer to Man C
    Whhhhaaaat??

Arab, Chinese or Russian money then I would guess. Nobody in the UK can afford it, unless it's the Duke of Westminster and I don't believe he will see SE7 as adding any sparkle to his current property portfolio.

Also, presumably if said moneybags potential owner really wants a London football club as a trinket then any bid the relative Aussie pauper can muster would easily be trumped.

Now I'm dreaming of us buying £100million players - cheers RH!

• Options
    bellz2002 said:

JamesSeed said:

I'll always be uneasy about the club while the people who called for the Jimmy Seed Stand to be renamed (because I wouldn't promote the refurbishment of the sign) still have a seat at the top table.

It might sound like I'm being over-sensitive, but that was quite a difficult episode for me. My decision was based on the fact that I felt I was being used by the management team to show they were engaging with the fans, and I withdrew accordingly. Of course I'm proud of JS and want his legacy to be celebrated, and I would enjoy being a link to the club's past, but not at any expense.

You'd think a fresh start is what the club needs, but there are people around who detested the protests, and who blame 'certain people' (a phrase borrowed from a certain Facebook page) for running a campaign against an owner they clearly still feel has been unfairly wronged.

That whole episode was a disgrace Jim and was the final straw for me ever starting working with the club through the poorly thought out T20k group and led to my social media comments which forced me to resign from EKA committee. Such disrespect for you and your family should never be tolerated. I completely concur with your comments.

On another note, really hoping the deal is confirmed today as it's the day I predicted!
    Thanks for your support. Some insiders at the club were very well-meaning (Olly Groome for example) and I was sorry to let them down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:

I’ll stick to my estimation of 15 June.

But deep down you know it was always going to be the 21st Feb.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Redskin said:

Sorry to put a downer on all your enthusiasm but am I the only one who is still a bit apprehensive to the news announced yesterday?

Apart form 3 or 4 tweeted messages suggesting we have a "done deal" we have nothing else to go on apart from what we have always had in this thread i.e. speculation, jokes and piss taking.

Surely if a deal was "done" yesterday, by that I mean a hand shake between all parties then we would have heard more. As with all deals like this nobody is interested when the lawyers get the paperwork signed, all we what we want to see is the new owner with a Charlton scarf round his neck.

I am sure a lot of us have heard of, or experienced the sale of a house falling through on the day the new buyer was supposed to move in or a business deal collapsing at the last minute.

I get the feeling we are not as close as some people think and looking at the excitement those tweets have generated on here some people seem to be getting ahead of themselves.

I hope I am way off the mark and scarfy is paraded soon, however as a boycotter I refuse to consider what game I will be attending next until the sale of the club is signed, sealed and the new owner has revealed him/herself.

In any event the FL have to approve the deal. You could argue it isn't done until that has happened but what I am taking about is the point at which a buyer and seller reach agreement. We have not been here before.

One insurance against the deal failing to reach completion is that there are clearly two potential buyers here and consequently I don't think there's much chance of both walking away/falling through.
    Fascinating: who's actually buying the club, or are you not in a position to say as usual?
    I’m not saying because I am not 100 per cent confident of the answer. The Australian camp leaks. One source yesterday was from that side. The other came from the legal process - they are consequently very well placed to know when they say it’s a “done deal”, but they have never been willing to elaborate on the identity of the interested parties.

The coincidence of the two, entirely independent of each other, within hours, points to the Australians, but because the Aussie side have jumped the gun before I am still cautious about saying it is them. And I still believe the other party is about.
    Right, so you don't know.
    Rick's a proper newspaperman/editor. 'Done Deal' is a great headline. His sources are excellent. It's almost certain to be true, but not confirmed. Only a really rubbish newspaper editor wouldn't put 'Done Deal' on the front page.
  • Options
    So Andrew Muir has agreed a price with payments to be spread over time depending on promotions etc. The other party ( Man City rich) surely would seal the deal by offering the same money but in one lump sum!
    Makes sense to me anyway!
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Nicholas said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Closer to Man C
    Florid of complexion?
  • Options

Sad to report but Fanny's much heralded tingle is now closer to " a soupcon of moistness " than " something bubbling away in the background"......

This thread is playing havoc with my hornimones !

I had a soupcan of mushrooms once, creamy too.
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!