Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Valley11 said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

No one said it’s not a gamble worth taking or that RD was that bad. The point was made that no owner could be as bad as RD.
    I disagree with that and the O’s and Blackpool owners would suggest I’m right.

Depends how you interpret 'no owner' I'd take that to mean no new owner of us because I wouldn't think for one minute the Oystons or the Orient destroyer would now want to get involved with us or come to that would be allowed to. Anything else is purely hypothetical.

Eh? Sorry that doesn’t make sense. The original statement was:
    No owner can be as bad as RD.

Taking your interpretation: Do you really think no new owner can be as bad? That history shows only the two you mention -Becchetti and the Oystons - are as bad as RD?
    If you do then you’ve chosen to ignore Cellino (Leeds), SISU Capital (Coventry), Chanrai (Portsmouth), the Venkys (Blackburn) I could go on....
    Look, the new lot will hopefully be brilliant and we’ll march to the Premier League and Champions League titles within five years.
    But for now you can’t say they won’t be as bad as (or, god forbid, worse than) RD. We simply don’t know.
    It's easy to be swayed by the relatively smooth running of the club (i.e. Robinson's freedom from interference, no network nonsense etc) over the last six months or so. But we were a club for sale once the owner had given up running things his way, so those six months weren't representative of what Roland wanted to do with Charlton.
    So yes, plenty of owners are worse than the 'ownership' over the last six months. Few are worse than what went before.
    What are you on about? I never quantified anything about Roland's reign or said I'd been 'swayed'. I merely pointed out that we cannot say with any certainty that the new lot will be better than RD, in response to someone who'd posted no owner can be as bad as RD. Clearly they could.
    Woah, over-reaction time. I wasn't particularly referring to you, I was just commenting on the thread. A thread which I've only scanned.

All I was saying was that there may be some who think new owners might be worse than RD based partly on the way things have been over the last six months, an atypical period in our recent history when a more normal system was in place i.e. no network/Driesen, not interfence
    Obviously when RD's way of running things was in full sway it's hard to imagine anything being worse. For I time I was thinking 'this isn't too bad', when we put together that decent run and we were second (or third was it?) in the league. Of course RD never intended us to run in an ordinary was so was plotting his way out.
    I wasn't having a go at you, and I agree with your point that new owners could be worse than RD, they could even be the worst owners in football history for all we know. So don't take it all so personally.

Good to see @Henry Irving getting stuck in with the 'like' though.
  • JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

No one said it’s not a gamble worth taking or that RD was that bad. The point was made that no owner could be as bad as RD.

Depends how you interpret 'no owner' I'd take that to mean no new owner of us because I wouldn't think for one minute the Oystons or the Orient destroyer would now want to get involved with us or come to that would be allowed to. Anything else is purely hypothetical.

Taking your interpretation: Do you really think no new owner can be as bad? That history shows only the two you mention -Becchetti and the Oystons - are as bad as RD?
    If you do then you’ve chosen to ignore Cellino (Leeds), SISU Capital (Coventry), Chanrai (Portsmouth), the Venkys (Blackburn) I could go on....
    Look, the new lot will hopefully be brilliant and we’ll march to the Premier League and Champions League titles within five years.
    But for now you can’t say they won’t be as bad as (or, god forbid, worse than) RD. We simply don’t know.
    It's easy to be swayed by the relatively smooth running of the club (i.e. Robinson's freedom from interference, no network nonsense etc) over the last six months or so. But we were a club for sale once the owner had given up running things his way, so those six months weren't representative of what Roland wanted to do with Charlton.
    So yes, plenty of owners are worse than the 'ownership' over the last six months. Few are worse than what went before.
    What are you on about? I never quantified anything about Roland's reign or said I'd been 'swayed'. I merely pointed out that we cannot say with any certainty that the new lot will be better than RD, in response to someone who'd posted no owner can be as bad as RD. Clearly they could.
    Woah, over-reaction time. I wasn't particularly referring to you, I was just commenting on the thread. A thread which I've only scanned.

All I was saying was that there may be some who think new owners might be worse than RD based partly on the way things have been over the last six months, an atypical period in our recent history when a more normal system was in place i.e. no network/Driesen, not interfence
    Obviously when RD's way of running things was in full sway it's hard to imagine anything being worse. For I time I was thinking 'this isn't too bad', when we put together that decent run and we were second (or third was it?) in the league. Of course RD never intended us to run in an ordinary was so was plotting his way out.
    I wasn't having a go at you, and I agree with your point that new owners could be worse than RD, they could even be the worst owners in football history for all we know. So don't take it all so personally.

He made a valid point @JamesSeed and I agreed with him.

No one was getting stuck in.
  • Dannoo_86 said:

RM just wants this thread to hit 2 million views.

And yet it still won't get a promote ; - (
    Promote fever.
  • @Redhenry You say it will be done at the end of Feb.....is it the party you know of?

ie do we need to start getting excited?
  • Swisdom said:

@Redhenry You say it will be done at the end of Feb.....is it the party you know of?

• edited January 2018
    JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

When you quote someone, as you did my post, you are absolutely referring to them. That's not taking it 'all so personally', that's just a fact.
    If you wanted to make the point about people being 'swayed' then you should have made it without quoting what I'd written.
    It's quite simple really. And best not to try and muddle the facts when you've been caught out.

• Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

Swisdom said:

@Redhenry You say it will be done at the end of Feb.....is it the party you know of?

Three party's still involved. I have heard this indirectly from one of them.

Cmon Redbull
  • https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-takeover-deal-on-course-for-february-completion/

"Richard Murray has told some of Charlton Athletic’s staff that the club could be in new hands by the end of February.

The Addicks have been up for sale for some time with owner Roland Duchatelet publicly confirming at the end of last year that he was in talks with interested buyers.

Murray took the opportunity to address staff at the club’s Sparrows Lane training ground earlier this week when an IT workshop was being conducted.

The Charlton director – and former chairman during their Premier League heyday – did point out that timescales could shift.

Murray met with Charlton Athletic Supporters’ Trust recently and revealed a number of consortia had carried out due diligence.

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

there used to be an old saying on here

NOTHING TO SEE MOVE ON

so its just what he told card
  • colthe3rd said:

Seems weird that a date can be assured of for a sale if there are a number of interested buyers.

Then again I could also make up stuff on the internet that no one could ever prove wrong.

Hope you're not referring to anyone in particular, as there's enough knicker-twisting going on this thread already.
  • JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

He made a valid point @JamesSeed and I agreed with him.

No one was getting stuck in.
    Whatever
  • colthe3rd said:

Seems weird that a date can be assured of for a sale if there are a number of interested buyers.

Then again I could also make up stuff on the internet that no one could ever prove wrong.

Hope you're not referring to anyone in particular, as there's enough knicker-twisting going on this thread already.
    I just find it odd people make stuff up just to try and make out they are on the inside.
  • https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-takeover-deal-on-course-for-february-completion/

"Richard Murray has told some of Charlton Athletic’s staff that the club could be in new hands by the end of February.

The Addicks have been up for sale for some time with owner Roland Duchatelet publicly confirming at the end of last year that he was in talks with interested buyers.

Murray took the opportunity to address staff at the club’s Sparrows Lane training ground earlier this week when an IT workshop was being conducted.

The Charlton director – and former chairman during their Premier League heyday – did point out that timescales could shift.

Murray met with Charlton Athletic Supporters’ Trust recently and revealed a number of consortia had carried out due diligence.

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

there used to be an old saying on here

NOTHING TO SEE MOVE ON

so its just what he told card
    And what he told staff the week before last ie before he spoke to the Supporters Trust.

I wasn't at either meeting and haven't spoken to anyone who was at both meetings so don't know if the mood or detailed have changed but what Murray has said is very qualified.
    colthe3rd said:

But as said above no date has been "assured".

Murray, who isn't the seller, has said it "could be" February but "timescales could shift".

Could be tomorrow or could be in the summer or anytime inbetween IMHO
  • I wasn't referring to Murray's comments Henners
  • colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

I just find it odd people make stuff up just to try and make out they are on the inside.
    The problem is that we don't know for sure who is ITK and who isn't. Experience tells which posters tend to be reliable and the comments from elsewhere should just be taken with a pinch of salt.
  • WSS said:

Take that.

Our very own Jason Orange

(A bit slim for Williams or Barlow and I don't remember what Donald looks like)
  • Sponsored links:

• colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

The problem is that we don't know for sure who is ITK and who isn't. Experience tells which posters tend to be reliable and the comments from elsewhere should just be taken with a pinch of salt.
    My point still stands though. Undoubtedly there are people who make shit up and it's just baffling.

I guess it's a bit like the modern day fortune teller, say some stuff, be as vague as possible and hope that enough people buy into the shit you are spouting.
  • JUST SELL YOU UTTER DISGRACE OF A MAN!!!

sorry.
  • Our take over by Jeff Bezos, Warren Buffett and Bill Gates has just gone through.
  • colthe3rd said:

He might paint a few walls, chuck a few throws about and do an open house, sealed bid type carry on like that program with PS
  • PS = Phil Spencer for thoughs that ain't itk
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!