Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I have to say I still don’t get it.

Three groups still negotiating. No formal bids and yet the information we are getting is that it will be done within four weeks.

Sorry I've probably missed this, but where are we getting the "no formal bids" from?

Also, do we know how we're defining "formal bid?" Because some numbers must have been mentioned to get to the due diligence phase.

To take an example from really early in in my career, a company I was part of was looking to buy a company we had a relationship with, and it was widely agreed that the figure would be somewhere between $12-15m. So as we got close-ish to closing the deal, their senior people said "oh that $15m figure doesn't include our buyout clauses and stock potentials" or something along those lines. So in the end we made one final "take it or leave it offer," which was the only (or second, can't remember) "formal offer" we made.

Sorry, this is all a long way of saying a "formal offer" may just be the last offer or an offer made very near to the end. As in you agree a ballpark/range, undergo dd and all that, haggle back and forth, and then submit your formal offer.
  • SDAddick said:

I have to say I still don’t get it.

Three groups still negotiating. No formal bids and yet the information we are getting is that it will be done within four weeks.

Sorry I've probably missed this, but where are we getting the "no formal bids" from?

Also, do we know how we're defining "formal bid?" Because some numbers must have been mentioned to get to the due diligence phase.

To take an example from really early in in my career, a company I was part of was looking to buy a company we had a relationship with, and it was widely agreed that the figure would be somewhere between $12-15m. So as we got close-ish to closing the deal, their senior people said "oh that $15m figure doesn't include our buyout clauses and stock potentials" or something along those lines. So in the end we made one final "take it or leave it offer," which was the only (or second, can't remember) "formal offer" we made.

Sorry, this is all a long way of saying a "formal offer" may just be the last offer or an offer made very near to the end. As in you agree a ballpark/range, undergo dd and all that, haggle back and forth, and then submit your formal offer.
    Exactly. A firm bid can often be the final stage once negotiations have established the proposed terms, conditions and financial parameters of the deal. Then it moves very fast.
  • Well it is February now. Not going to hold my breath though.
  • On the train and just heard an Aussie bloke wearing a kilt and drinking a can of red bull, talking on his phone about "needing another gross weight of duck tape to get the deal over the line".

Proper confused now. Probably nothing.

Sounds like a manual grafter
  • edited February 2018

On the train and just heard an Aussie bloke wearing a kilt and drinking a can of red bull, talking on his phone about "needing another gross weight of duck tape to get the deal over the line".

Stopped reading at 'On the train' which is obviously a lie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Does this also mean that the 55million thing was a load of bollocks and time was wasted moaning about it.
  • Maybe the 3 bidders will join forces and form a massive consortium.

Then we will be bigger than The Massives.
  • Dave2l said:

Does this also mean that the 55million thing was a load of bollocks and time was wasted moaning about it.

Moaning is the lifeblood of the thread.
  • On the train and just heard an Aussie bloke wearing a kilt and drinking a can of red bull, talking on his phone about "needing another gross weight of duck tape to get the deal over the line".

Sounds like a manual grafter
    Unlikely mate this was in first class.
  • Maybe the 3 bidders will join forces and form a massive consortium.

Then we will be bigger than The Massives.

No one can be bigger than The Massives!
  • So, Lookman is brokering the Red Bull takeover deal?
  • Uboat said:

This thread is going to descend into a mass brawl, complete with custard pies, flying furniture and hair pulling, at which point a little known member of the forum will turn up and quietly announce that our take over by Jeff Bezos, Warren Buffett and Bill Gates has just gone through.

Nah, the takeover will be by Jeff Stelling, Sue "eating the buffet" Parkes and Gareth Gates
  • Uboat said:

This thread is going to descend into a mass brawl, complete with custard pies, flying furniture and hair pulling, at which point a little known member of the forum will turn up and quietly announce that our take over by Jeff Bezos, Warren Buffett and Bill Gates has just gone through.

Nah, the takeover will be by Jeff Stelling, Sue "eating the buffet" Parkes and Gareth Gates
    I'd take that.
  • edited February 2018
    Uboat said:

Uboat said:

I'd take that.
    Relight my fire? :wink:
  • So, Lookman is brokering the Red Bull takeover deal?

On horseback.
  • Sponsored links:

• Taxi_Lad said:

It's February!!! This could be the month. In 4 weeks time we might be rid of Roland Duchatelet forever!!!
    Just let that sink in for a little while

February ... but in which year?
  • seth plum said:

So, Lookman is brokering the Red Bull takeover deal?

On horseback.
    With his hampton out?
  • I have to say I still don’t get it.

Because the first part isn’t correct.
    Soooo he gets it?
  • seth plum said:

So, Lookman is brokering the Red Bull takeover deal?

On horseback.
    With his hampton out?
    No, that only applies to Tottenham.
  • Swisdom said:

Konsa staying is hopefully an indication that a deal is close

Or, playing devil's advocate that it isn't close.

Maybe Duchatelet thinks he'll get more for him in the summer or thinks that keeping him gives us more chance of promotion so he can sell the club for more in the summer.

I suspect it is now no longer relevant either way.
  • I should finish reading the thread before commenting, @Fumbluff beat me to it...
  • @SDAddick is one day younger than me, it seems. I will henceforth refer to him as Junior
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!