Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Our take over by Jeff Bezos, Warren Buffett and Bill Gates has just gone through.

Boooooo not rich enough
  • Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

No one said it’s not a gamble worth taking or that RD was that bad. The point was made that no owner could be as bad as RD.
    I disagree with that and the O’s and Blackpool owners would suggest I’m right.

Depends how you interpret 'no owner' I'd take that to mean no new owner of us because I wouldn't think for one minute the Oystons or the Orient destroyer would now want to get involved with us or come to that would be allowed to. Anything else is purely hypothetical.

Eh? Sorry that doesn’t make sense. The original statement was:
    No owner can be as bad as RD.

Taking your interpretation: Do you really think no new owner can be as bad? That history shows only the two you mention -Becchetti and the Oystons - are as bad as RD?
    If you do then you’ve chosen to ignore Cellino (Leeds), SISU Capital (Coventry), Chanrai (Portsmouth), the Venkys (Blackburn) I could go on....
    Look, the new lot will hopefully be brilliant and we’ll march to the Premier League and Champions League titles within five years.
    But for now you can’t say they won’t be as bad as (or, god forbid, worse than) RD. We simply don’t know.
    It's easy to be swayed by the relatively smooth running of the club (i.e. Robinson's freedom from interference, no network nonsense etc) over the last six months or so. But we were a club for sale once the owner had given up running things his way, so those six months weren't representative of what Roland wanted to do with Charlton.
    So yes, plenty of owners are worse than the 'ownership' over the last six months. Few are worse than what went before.
    What are you on about? I never quantified anything about Roland's reign or said I'd been 'swayed'. I merely pointed out that we cannot say with any certainty that the new lot will be better than RD, in response to someone who'd posted no owner can be as bad as RD. Clearly they could.
    Woah, over-reaction time. I wasn't particularly referring to you, I was just commenting on the thread. A thread which I've only scanned.
    Only scanned?

Yet posted on 56 times alone this month.

:wink:

Good stats
  • JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

No one said it’s not a gamble worth taking or that RD was that bad. The point was made that no owner could be as bad as RD.

Depends how you interpret 'no owner' I'd take that to mean no new owner of us because I wouldn't think for one minute the Oystons or the Orient destroyer would now want to get involved with us or come to that would be allowed to. Anything else is purely hypothetical.

Taking your interpretation: Do you really think no new owner can be as bad? That history shows only the two you mention -Becchetti and the Oystons - are as bad as RD?
    If you do then you’ve chosen to ignore Cellino (Leeds), SISU Capital (Coventry), Chanrai (Portsmouth), the Venkys (Blackburn) I could go on....
    Look, the new lot will hopefully be brilliant and we’ll march to the Premier League and Champions League titles within five years.
    But for now you can’t say they won’t be as bad as (or, god forbid, worse than) RD. We simply don’t know.
    It's easy to be swayed by the relatively smooth running of the club (i.e. Robinson's freedom from interference, no network nonsense etc) over the last six months or so. But we were a club for sale once the owner had given up running things his way, so those six months weren't representative of what Roland wanted to do with Charlton.
    So yes, plenty of owners are worse than the 'ownership' over the last six months. Few are worse than what went before.
    What are you on about? I never quantified anything about Roland's reign or said I'd been 'swayed'. I merely pointed out that we cannot say with any certainty that the new lot will be better than RD, in response to someone who'd posted no owner can be as bad as RD. Clearly they could.
    Woah, over-reaction time. I wasn't particularly referring to you, I was just commenting on the thread. A thread which I've only scanned.

All I was saying was that there may be some who think new owners might be worse than RD based partly on the way things have been over the last six months, an atypical period in our recent history when a more normal system was in place i.e. no network/Driesen, not interfence
    Obviously when RD's way of running things was in full sway it's hard to imagine anything being worse. For I time I was thinking 'this isn't too bad', when we put together that decent run and we were second (or third was it?) in the league. Of course RD never intended us to run in an ordinary was so was plotting his way out.
    I wasn't having a go at you, and I agree with your point that new owners could be worse than RD, they could even be the worst owners in football history for all we know. So don't take it all so personally.

Good to see @Henry Irving getting stuck in with the 'like' though.
    When you quote someone, as you did my post, you are absolutely referring to them. That's not taking it 'all so personally', that's just a fact.
    If you wanted to make the point about people being 'swayed' then you should have made it without quoting what I'd written.
    It's quite simple really. And best not to try and muddle the facts when you've been caught out.

You've lost me completely, I don't know what you mean about being caught out. Literally I don't.

Apologies for using the quote button if that made it look like I was referring to you particularly. I didn't intend to imply you were swayed if that's what you mean.

I don't have a beef with you if that's what you're worried about. I don't particularly remember seeing your name before valley11.

Sometimes forums can be a minefield. And I'm sure you're more used to navigating them than I am.
    Now he's calling you a nerd :wink::lol:
  • colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Seems weird that a date can be assured of for a sale if there are a number of interested buyers.

Then again I could also make up stuff on the internet that no one could ever prove wrong.

Hope you're not referring to anyone in particular, as there's enough knicker-twisting going on this thread already.
    I just find it odd people make stuff up just to try and make out they are on the inside.
    The problem is that we don't know for sure who is ITK and who isn't. Experience tells which posters tend to be reliable and the comments from elsewhere should just be taken with a pinch of salt.
    My point still stands though. Undoubtedly there are people who make shit up and it's just baffling.

I guess it's a bit like the modern day fortune teller, say some stuff, be as vague as possible and hope that enough people buy into the shit you are spouting.
    Or make up something, that turns out to be almost perfectly spot on... like your cousin's partner's cat telling you that Ricky Holmes will be pulled from the Bury squad and that he will sign for on the following Monday...

When in fact it was your cousin's partner.
  • Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

Only scanned?

Yet posted on 56 times alone this month.

:wink:

lol yes, but who hasn't... I meant I scanned the page in between doing about three other things, rather than reading every post.
  • I bet @Henry Irving has read every post.

Twice.
  • edited January 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

All I was saying was that there may be some who think new owners might be worse than RD based partly on the way things have been over the last six months, an atypical period in our recent history when a more normal system was in place i.e. no network/Driesen, not interfence
    Obviously when RD's way of running things was in full sway it's hard to imagine anything being worse. For I time I was thinking 'this isn't too bad', when we put together that decent run and we were second (or third was it?) in the league. Of course RD never intended us to run in an ordinary was so was plotting his way out.
    I wasn't having a go at you, and I agree with your point that new owners could be worse than RD, they could even be the worst owners in football history for all we know. So don't take it all so personally.

When you quote someone, as you did my post, you are absolutely referring to them. That's not taking it 'all so personally', that's just a fact.
    If you wanted to make the point about people being 'swayed' then you should have made it without quoting what I'd written.
    It's quite simple really. And best not to try and muddle the facts when you've been caught out.

You've lost me completely, I don't know what you mean about being caught out. Literally I don't.

Apologies for using the quote button if that made it look like I was referring to you particularly. I didn't intend to imply you were swayed if that's what you mean.

I don't have a beef with you if that's what you're worried about. I don't particularly remember seeing your name before valley11.

Sometimes forums can be a minefield. And I'm sure you're more used to navigating them than I am.
    And that isn't a compliment? [What a difference a ? makes!]

I agree with the earlier posts that there's a certain amount of over sensitivity on here at the moment.

People should learn to accept an apology for a start.

My posts aren't personal, except when they're directed at Henry of course.

It can get a bit childish.
  • Sponsored links:

• Unconfirmed sources report the third bidder is also called Muir.

More unconfirmed sources, I am led to believe the the seller is Duchatelet.
  • JamesSeed said:

Dazzler21 said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

I agree with the earlier posts that there's a certain amount of over sensitivity on here at the moment.

So childish, you keep posting about it.
    No one said you were being personal, you're just wrong. And I missed the bit where you apologised, so in this instance it's particularly hard for me to 'learn to' accept one.
    How daft that two posters chose to misinterpret what I said in the first place which, for final clairty, was that you can't say with certainty that 'no owner could be as bad as RD'.....
    But, no more. Back to the thread and the prospect of a takeover.

• HarryLime said:

Unconfirmed sources report the third bidder is also called Muir.

More unconfirmed sources, I am led to believe the the seller is Duchatelet.
    source?
  • Addickted said:

I bet @Henry Irving has read every post.

Twice.

I only need to read them once as unlike you I don't have to look up the "big" words in a dictionary.
    Dictionary? How twentieth Century.

I bet you've got a full set of Encyclopædia Britannica at home for reference.

• Can now see why waiting until after the transfer window closes makes sense to takeover.
    They're under no pressure to hit the ground running and raise expectations of pushing on.
    Just make do with what they've got until the summer.
    A sensible approach albeit with questionable ambition.
  • My guess is that Preferred Bidder + DD = End of February

One of the (3 ?) prospective owners hadn't done DD so have 'purchased' preferred bidder status to protect them from missing out while they do DD. They have been allowed a period of time to complete DD which will finish towards the end of next month. That could be completed earlier and/or the bidding war could take more time hence the 'should' in RM's update to staff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

JamesSeed said:

Dazzler21 said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

So childish, you keep posting about it.
    No one said you were being personal, you're just wrong. And I missed the bit where you apologised, so in this instance it's particularly hard for me to 'learn to' accept one.
    How daft that two posters chose to misinterpret what I said in the first place which, for final clairty, was that you can't say with certainty that 'no owner could be as bad as RD'.....
    But, no more. Back to the thread and the prospect of a takeover.

Nope.
  • Addickted said:

Twice.

I only need to read them once as unlike you I don't have to look up the "big" words in a dictionary.
    https://giphy.com/gifs/jsTgk136sV71K/html5
  • Davo55 said:

Who are GTKTheNetwork ? Would they know ?

Wouldn’t Richard Cawley be likely to break this ?

It's Jimmy Stone - ex CAFC Fan Engagement and Digital Comms. Very well connected.
    There hasn't been much fan engagement since he left.
  • seth plum said:

The buyers arrived from Australia
    And sorted the paraphenalia
    The scarves black and white
    Were stored out of sight
    As we put on our Charlton regalia.

A+ for getting "paraphernalia" and "regalia" into a football song.
  • Addickted said:

Twice.

https://giphy.com/gifs/jsTgk136sV71K/html5
    That was a no ball.

#Sulkyemoji
  • RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

Calm down, calm down I haven't chosen to ignore anything but neither am I going to base the future on the handful of zealots (I was merely referring back to your examples of the Oystens and Orient) that have ruined football clubs in the past. Especially compared to the hundreds of owners whose intentions have been honourable and I did say anything else is hypothetical ie we don't know. I'll deal with with any negativities from a new ownership as and when but for now I'm not going to let anyone piss on my Moët.
    Oh dear.....I'm perfectly calm.
    But one more time, just for the record and to get this back on point - my comments were about a post that stated 'no owner can be as bad as RD'. Historically owners have been and there's no guarantee the new lot will be better. That does not mean I think Roland has been good, decent, average. He's been disastrous.
    I'm not a Roland apologist. I despise the man for everything he's done to our club.
    Can we give this a rest now?
    As you asked so nicely of course we can, just try not to be so condescending next time.
    Haha....ok. Just as long as you learn to read then write a response that's relevant to what I said.
    Ah but you made assumptions from what I wrote and drew the wrong conclusions, people in glasshouses :wink:
    No....no I didn't.
    Check back sugar tits.
    Blimey sugar tits, you're like a dog with a bone.
  • JamesSeed as well actually.
  • Perhaps RM has just got a letter from Staprix giving him a month's notice.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!