Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• you ask fantastic mr fox, sometimes when you are in a hole the best thing to do is to make the hole bigger and better.

Admittedly I doucher is taking the boggis role to that here
  • If I remember right I don't think any source said "imminent" themselves? It's just the word that was used in the original title of the topic on CL?
  • Valley11 said:

No owner can be as bad as Duchatelet.

Disagree. He’s been awful but there could be worse.
    There have been worse! We ended up at palace, but jeeze did we or did we not come back stronger and have some of our best football memories!
  • edited January 2018
    :smile:
  • edited January 2018
    CafcSCP said:

Valley11 said:

No owner can be as bad as Duchatelet.

Disagree. He’s been awful but there could be worse.
    There have been worse! We ended up at palace, but jeeze did we or did we not come back stronger and have some of our best football memories!
    Again, that’s not my point. The statement was ‘no owner can be as bad as RD’. The experiences of other clubs proves that’s not always the case. We have no idea who of the rumoured consortiums is going to buy the club, or if they will be responsible owners who are good for CAFC. Time will tell but you can’t say they won’t be as bad as RD, we simply don’t know - they could be worse.
    Yes leaving The Valley was worse than RD - but that doesn’t mean I’d want it to happen again!
  • RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

No one said it’s not a gamble worth taking or that RD was that bad. The point was made that no owner could be as bad as RD.
    I disagree with that and the O’s and Blackpool owners would suggest I’m right.

Depends how you interpret 'no owner' I'd take that to mean no new owner of us because I wouldn't think for one minute the Oystons or the Orient destroyer would now want to get involved with us or come to that would be allowed to. Anything else is purely hypothetical.

Eh? Sorry that doesn’t make sense. The original statement was:
    No owner can be as bad as RD.

Taking your interpretation: Do you really think no new owner can be as bad? That history shows only the two you mention -Becchetti and the Oystons - are as bad as RD?
    If you do then you’ve chosen to ignore Cellino (Leeds), SISU Capital (Coventry), Chanrai (Portsmouth), the Venkys (Blackburn) I could go on....
    Look, the new lot will hopefully be brilliant and we’ll march to the Premier League and Champions League titles within five years.
    But for now you can’t say they won’t be as bad as (or, god forbid, worse than) RD. We simply don’t know.
  • RedChaser said:

Chill out people, the doom mongers, the naysayers, those who want to be the first to say 'I told you so'; things are happening towards a sale and have been for some time. Always look on the bright side of life, one step at a time and remember, patience is a virtue WIOTOS............. now where did I put that Moët :tongue: .

Well said that man.

See you soon Mr Chaser.
  • No owner can be as bad as Duchatelet.

Oystons, Sisu, and the Italians at Orient put up a strong argument.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’d take the Venkys over Roly ducuntatlet

Anyway no matter how shit the new owner is we will have at least 6 months when we won’t realise how shit they are .
    I for one will enjoy it cos the last 4 years have been embarrassing ,nearly as much for the fans who ignored what a shit owner he is , as well as for his actual actions .
    I mean there’s turning a blind eye and there’s watching him shaft your loved one in front of your own eyes and still saying it’s all ok .

Final paragraph sums it up perfectly.
  • Redhenry said:

Still three in talks

Who dropped out?
  • Redhenry said:

Still three in talks

So if there are three still in talks would it suggest Murray is a trifle optimistic with a February sale?
  • edited January 2018
    DOUCHER said:

I’m waiting to hear @DOUCHER ‘s take on it.

He told you back in September and hasn't deviated from that since.
    Was it you or Airman that said it was imminent in September? and which one said you can't believe a word RM says?
    I hope there's time to carry out due diligence before February.
  • cafcwill said:

Redhenry said:

Still three in talks

Who dropped out?
    Not me.

Though M d R have informed me I'm not the preferred bidder.
  • Redhenry said:

Still three in talks

In talks no offers made currently
  • Sponsored links:

• Muir money Muir problems
  • If there's no offers been made, how can Murray be so sure that it will all be done come February?
  • Redhenry said:

Still three in talks

Including your ones red?
  • Maybe dickie thinks that the discussions have reached a point where those intested have an understanding of where the offer needs to be and they are not too far away on reaching the point where an acceptable offer can be made

To me RM has merely confirmed to the staff what he told CARD

If they have been shit communicating to fans then you can bet that it’s been worse in house

And although he should’ve told the staff first imo he has now formally held communication to make them aware of the situation and to quash as far as he can the rumour mill

It can’t be far off but no offers made as of yet
  • bobmunro said:

DOUCHER said:

I’m waiting to hear @DOUCHER ‘s take on it.

He told you back in September and hasn't deviated from that since.
    Was it you or Airman that said it was imminent in September? and which one said you can't believe a word RM says?
    My dear old mum used to say ‘when you’re in a hole the first thing you do is stop digging’.

I believe it was October, and at that point it is pretty much irrefutable that due diligence was taking place for at least one potential buyer. Clearly things were happening when Rick first broke the news, and two sheds announced officially that the club was for sale not long afterwards. You claimed at the time that nothing was happening, and after that you stated that nothing would happen this season. Any other owner would have concluded the sale long before now, the delay almost certainly because Roland changes direction as often as he changes his underpants (but clearly quicker than he changes his shoes).

It really doesn’t matter old chap, it’s an Internet forum where reputation for being ‘in the know’ means bugger all really. Even less so when pretty much proven that said person was several miles away from actually being in the know.

Not worried about because being in the know bobby, I said in October if it was happening, it isn't now - and so it proved as only now is something seemingly happening - all the rest is noise
  • If I remember right I don't think any source said "imminent" themselves? It's just the word that was used in the original title of the topic on CL?

So it was Irving then
  • Maybe dickie thinks that the discussions have reached a point where those intested have an understanding of where the offer needs to be and they are not too far away on reaching the point where an acceptable offer can be made

To me RM has merely confirmed to the staff what he told CARD

If they have been shit communicating to fans then you can bet that it’s been worse in house

And although he should’ve told the staff first imo he has now formally held communication to make them aware of the situation and to quash as far as he can the rumour mill

It can’t be far off but no offers made as of yet

Whilst I agree with you that a definitive offer hasn't been made surely DD cannot, or normally wouldn't be entered into without some understanding on a figure? The process would then alert the buyer to any amendments they should make on the final figure. So whilst no parties have said "Oi Roly stick that in your sky rocket!" They must have mentioned money and convinced Roly it is worth opening the books for scrutiny.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!