Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• That all sounds encouraging :smile:
  • Who are GTKTheNetwork ? Would they know ?

Wouldn’t Richard Cawley be likely to break this ?

When was the last time local journalists broke news about Charlton before it was on the OS?
  • Should??

Like Dowie should be a good manager.

Like Duchatelet should be a good owner.
  • bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

WSS said:
    Pleased that the fans are thought about too.
    Not unreasonable that the employees are told first, some of whom may be jobless as a result of new owners taking over.

Keohane :smile:
    There are exceptions in my business morality - Tony the burger man can just f*ck off.

Just as well you don't use your real name on here @bobmunro as otherwise you'd be getting a call from Eltham old bill
  • 3blokes said:

That all sounds encouraging :smile:

When he does fuck off I shall miss your thread mate and will buy you a drink when we meet
  • T_C_E said:

bobmunro said:

WSS said:
    Not unreasonable that the employees are told first, some of whom may be jobless as a result of new owners taking over.

That would be terrible, I will drive that youngster to the Valley gates and together we will wave him off.
    I'll go with you. Give him a wave (of sorts)
  • T_C_E said:

bobmunro said:

WSS said:

That would be terrible, I will drive that youngster to the Valley gates and together we will wave him off.
    I'll go with you. Give him a wave (of sorts)
    A nescafe wave ?
  • Am I missing something here?
    Has this latest bit of news re Murray making a statement to employees been confirmed......I haven’t seen or heard anything thus far to convince me it’s factual.
  • Sponsored links:

• Its not Muir v Muir is it, nor is it rich Aussie's v poor Aussie's. We have two newly reported details today; that is that Murray has told staff it will likely happen in February, and Airman tells us it's likely to be an Aussie consortium.

Fully expect these points to get lost in lots of other nonsense but if we could stay within the auspices of these details only it would help keep the focus of the thread. Could we also ignore any johnny-come-latelys to this thread who haven't bothered staying with it from way back and then ask dumb questions about value after 350+ plus pages, and set off that whole shitfest again. Thank you.

Someone's tired
  • Its not Muir v Muir is it, nor is it rich Aussie's v poor Aussie's. We have two newly reported details today; that is that Murray has told staff it will likely happen in February, and Airman tells us it's likely to be an Aussie consortium.

Fully expect these points to get lost in lots of other nonsense but if we could stay within the auspices of these details only it would help keep the focus of the thread. Could we also ignore any johnny-come-latelys to this thread who haven't bothered staying with it from way back and then ask dumb questions about value after 350+ plus pages, and set off that whole shitfest again. Thank you.

That Murray thinks it will be February isn't news.

He said that before Walsall.

Rick is hinting it's the Aussies but we've known they have been around since October when they did due diligence.
  • edited January 2018
    If the "Getting To Know The Network" people say its happening, I believe it. In fact, I believe its already done and the wait is for league approval.

That’s me in the dark then. I stopped reading the thread about 250 pages back when nothing much new was being said.
  • BDL said:

Am I missing something here?
    Has this latest bit of news re Murray making a statement to employees been confirmed......I haven’t seen or heard anything thus far to convince me it’s factual.

GTKN is entirely reliable, 100% fact that RM addressed staff today.
    Mmmm.....daresay it’s true, however, time, place and to whom this info was given would surely help confirm the story.......wouldn’t it!
  • If the "Getting To Know The Network" people say its happening, I believe it.

They're not.

They are saying Richard Murray told staff it "should" be happening in February.

Not the same thing at all.
  • edited January 2018

If the "Getting To Know The Network" people say its happening, I believe it.

They're not.

They are saying Richard Murray told staff it "should" be happening in February.

Not the same thing at all.
    Oh sorry, thought I read "at the end of the month" from some other post the last few pages. Assumed that meant this month.
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

WSS said:

There are exceptions in my business morality - Tony the burger man can just f*ck off.

Just as well you don't use your real name on here @bobmunro as otherwise you'd be getting a call from Eltham old bill
    I would hope telling someone to f*ck off would fail the harassment test.

But just in case, my sincere apologies, Mr Keohane - you tosser.

This this this and this
  • BDL said:

Mmmm.....daresay it’s true, however, time, place and to whom this info was given would surely help confirm the story.......wouldn’t it!
    Today,

The Valley

The staff
    Smart arse!

I agree, Just logged on to Linkedin and the first post I saw was from a Richard Muir. Fate. (OK, this one's nothing to do with football, but...)
  • BDL said:

Today,

The Valley

The staff
    Smart arse!
    No, just able to read
  • Loving that GIF, but it is making me feel a bit motion sick!
  • I posted the following 40 pages ago, if it is the Aussie Muir, I feel good about it.

Was looking into articles about Andrew Muir, the Aussie. The more I read about him, the more I like him.

As mentioned earlier, he sold "The Good Guys" electronics chain (a family business his father founded) for $870 million cash about 17 months ago, which means he is liquid and very rich. Also was looking to sell $130 million of real estate one year ago but no word if he did, so he might even be worth a billion dollars (£700M.) Post-sale he bought a historic house for $17 million and a used jet for $10 mil, so he appears in the spending mood. Claims his main goal now is philanthropy. His role as director of Essondon Football Club is primarily focused on determining compensation for management. Big believer in good nutrition for children and operates charities in this area. Follower of "positive psychology." Usually likes to operate within a consortium because he likes to get as many minds into a project as possible. Does not like to give many interviews. Animal lover who has given money to stop rhino poaching in Africa.

Hmm, that'll take some adapting to for us..
  • BDL said:

Today,

The Valley

The staff
    Smart arse!
    No, just able to read
    Well I never!
  • I’m waiting to hear @DOUCHER ‘s take on it.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!