Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2018

cafcwill said:

Seems to of gone very quiet, let’s hope it’s the Lull before the storm.

almost too quiet

any new light to shed over this @Redhenry or @Airman Brown

Anything would be appreciated
    Interesting that @Redhenry and @Airman Brown have gone quiet too. Do they know something is about to happen?
    Or maybe it's just nothing is progressing.

Duchatelet and one of the bidders could agree a price at any time.

That could be today, next week, next month, next year or never.

People could drop out and others join.

• Options
    Roland is supposed to know about selling, he sold Holmes from under Robinson's feet.
  • Options

I'm trust I'm not the only person having to google a lot of words on this thread at the moment :innocent:

In an ideal world I would be googling too.
    Unfortunately it’s not an ideal world so I’m not.
  • Options

So he thought AFKA on here was his 1st Charlton manager?

He's absolutely clueless isn't he.

This.

• Options
    Redhenry said:

No progress unfortunately. RD wants 55m, the best bid is about half that amount.

55m! - the man is clearly deluded.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:

No progress unfortunately. RD wants 55m, the best bid is about half that amount.

£55million?!?!?! Utter madness. Surely he's got to take the hint and just sell at half the amount. No-one is going to bid £55m for us.
  • Options
    But if he keeps to his decision until at least the end of January, it will save him spending on new players and be able to sell others
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

55 Mill, what a joke!

Out of interest, do you know who has the highest bid in?

Aussies?
    Scots?
    Your Mystery Party?
    Other?
  • Options
    Is he still putting £1m into the club a month like he was previously?
  • Options
    Roland Duchâtelet obviously thinks he’s dealing with someone a silly as Roland Duchâtelet.

There’s only one Roland Duchatelet so it looks like we’re stuck with him!
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Poor us - we are going to be stuck with him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    so essentially what we can expect from now on is a team in stasis that will aim to survive in League 1, while its best assets are flogged off each year to cover operating losses, how much were they a year? Can't believe we need to lose over £6m in League 1, can someone remind me/speculate how much we need to flog off each year to stand still (if we're lucky)?

With reference to the CARD thread, the above seems like a good reason to demonstrate..

• Options
    edited January 2018

Ross said:

Is he still putting £1m into the club a month like he was previously?

What I’m about to say needs to be said every time this is mentioned (RD being mentioned as putting in money). He isn’t, what he’s doing is creating debt from the club to him (staprix). He’s not putting anything in, in fact, he’s making interest on that profit, he is techniquely speaking taking money out of the club, the longer he’s in charge, the more money he is owed. With interest.
    So technically he is putting it in, but then expecting the club to pay it back to him with added interest, yes?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

If there is any truth to this his actions make perfect sense. Sell the assets he has i.e. players and get some money via that avenue and then take a lower offer for the club. I doubt he will get the numbers to add up to £55m but it will be a lot better than the half he is being offered.

It also makes sense that any potential bidder is allowing him to sell players.
  • Options
    Now we see why he only ever loaned the money to Charlton. He thought he could make money on player sales, then flip the whole thing for a profit while the debt on the books protects his 'investment'. Shame he made such a monumental pigs ear of a simple plan.

I'll join the queue for kicking the rancid old goat down the stairs.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Just don't get this
    Surely any potential bidder would be aware of his asking price before going through DD etc.
    That being the case as unrealistic as his sale price is why would you be in negotiations with him if you were only going to offer half of what he wants??
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!