Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Oh how we need this takeover to complete asap meanwhile 3 points last night would alleviated some of the tension and anxiety amongst the fan base 😓.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    The word 'should' is interesting....and why the further delay?
    Personally I want it to go through, I want us to be rich, I want all the success that may follow, but I am simply passing on what I have heard. Not going to say who from, and i hope it is speculation born of worry and fear.
    If any of you know anything else then share, especially if it rubbishes what I have written, I would be delighted.
    You haven’t actually written anything.
    What do you want, the conversation written out word for word as I remember it? A script?
    I have said I feel less confident than I did after having the conversation, not that the takeover is off.
    I mentioned some elements like the time it has taken being a bit of a worry, that the EFL are not being villainous, that personal checks are over, that Duchatelet has not been especially thorough himself, that Bowyer was evasive about Taylor's contract in an interview.
    I will add that the key fundamental in all this, from the three parties, the EFL, Duchatelet,and  the buyers/wider investors is, guess what, the money.
    If all that makes me an attention seeking wrong un who spouts continuous bullshit then that is the problem for those who see it that way, I passed on my experience and linked it to my degree of confidence. I am content with that, whatever others think.
    Don’t think anyone thinks that Seth. Maybe you could have explained things a bit better - as could have Bowyer in his pre-match sky chat.  People will always take comments how they want to - and usually it’s negative. That is understandable given the last 6 years and having to endure the likes of old dirty teeth, his bint sidekick and that Weasel Murray.  We are also in limbo, not really had any real clarity  since we heard about the takeover picking up pace. That said, Southall did say they would be making no further comment. Even if he did speak now, what is he going to say? All we know if that the interviews have taken place and Southall has spoken to Bowyer and Co. 

All you have done is pass info on that you have heard and how you have read it. 
    For what it is worth, and as I said, my first post was clumsily written as I stood on a jostling crowd on platform 1 of Charlton station waiting for the 10.06 to Lewisham. I am not slick with mobile telephone typing so my initial post was less clear than I would've liked. I have subsequently tried to clarify whilst maintaining a modicum of discretion.
    Yesterday evening a lot of posters were abusive towards me, which is fair enough that is their mindset, but I really don't see the big crime I am supposed to have committed.
    Perhaps the abusive posters will help me by explaining the reason for their abuse.
    Seth......you’re an old and trusted poster on here but you were/are wrong to have made your initial post.....I’ll tell you why.
    Over the years I, like many others, have picked up on stuff from what you would think from pretty reliable sources that I could easily have posted on here but chose not to because they were potentially distressing to the fan base, “especially” when they were not substantiated and simply possibly been spread as idle gossip.
    What you wrote will have put the shits up many a fan ( myself included) and set off a chain of discontent  and genuine apprehension, you admit yourself that what you heard may not be factual, yet still chose to post it.....why ?
    So what the bloody he’ll was the point Seth.....keep your mouth shut, see if anyone posts something along similar lines (which they haven’t by the way) and then maybe throw your two pennarth into the ring is how I’d have played it.
    All you have done is to cause distress and anxiety....nice work.
    Sometimes it’s best just to keep your mouth shut......I’m sorry but I think this has been one of those occasions.
    I am sorry. If saying I personally feel less confident put the shits up you all that is your problem not mine. Idle gossip has existed on Charlton Life continually, indeed often welcomed. 
    If on the other hand you wish me to keep my mouth shut, then I will if you will.
    I  told you I have......and on quite a few occasions over the years.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    razil said:
    I am a nobody and not at all ITK so just my opinion but given the apparent source of the money/ownership I'd be surprised if there was that much speculative stuff here, why would a super rich individual want or need to get involved in any such deal, although for the same reasons I can understand why the funding might not be that transparent.
    More importantly have you invoiced anyone for attending their Christmas party yet this year?
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    razil said:
    @Airman Brown  what are the risks around that eventuality?

I’m no expert and don’t claim to be, but clearly many businesses will borrow against their assets to fund investment. In Man United’s case it was used to fund the purchase, as I understand it. The problem in Charlton’s case is that the business is unlikely to be profitable outside of the Premier League, so there are no spare revenues to service the debt, except potentially player sales, and ultimately unless promoted the club would have to attract further investment or go bust.

Should add that it is very unlikely you could borrow enough from a conventional bank against the assets to fund the publicised purchase price or a promotion challenge, but I reckon that by selling Taylor in January and borrowing against the ground (which requires repaying ex-directors first) you could buy yourself a year or two if you could avoid relegation to L1. 
    So it sounds like they aren't minted & we will be flogging all & sundry like before. 

Also sounds like Taylor is off too. He hasn't looked his usual self the last 2 home games.....a bit more detached & not interacting with the fans as much. Wouldn't be surprised if it's more down to him that he's been on the bench (and only coming on for 20 mins) than the medical team managing him. 

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    razil said:
    I am a nobody and not at all ITK so just my opinion but given the apparent source of the money/ownership I'd be surprised if there was that much speculative stuff here, why would a super rich individual want or need to get involved in any such deal, although for the same reasons I can understand why the funding might not be that transparent.
    More importantly have you invoices anyone for attending their Christmas party yet this year?
    now there's a plan - a twisted and dare I say weird one though..
  • Options
    Leo Tolstoy's Great, great grandson Vladimir Tolstoy and a member of the Moscow addicks believes this thread is too long.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    The word 'should' is interesting....and why the further delay?
    Personally I want it to go through, I want us to be rich, I want all the success that may follow, but I am simply passing on what I have heard. Not going to say who from, and i hope it is speculation born of worry and fear.
    If any of you know anything else then share, especially if it rubbishes what I have written, I would be delighted.
    You haven’t actually written anything.
    What do you want, the conversation written out word for word as I remember it? A script?
    I have said I feel less confident than I did after having the conversation, not that the takeover is off.
    I mentioned some elements like the time it has taken being a bit of a worry, that the EFL are not being villainous, that personal checks are over, that Duchatelet has not been especially thorough himself, that Bowyer was evasive about Taylor's contract in an interview.
    I will add that the key fundamental in all this, from the three parties, the EFL, Duchatelet,and  the buyers/wider investors is, guess what, the money.
    If all that makes me an attention seeking wrong un who spouts continuous bullshit then that is the problem for those who see it that way, I passed on my experience and linked it to my degree of confidence. I am content with that, whatever others think.
    Don’t think anyone thinks that Seth. Maybe you could have explained things a bit better - as could have Bowyer in his pre-match sky chat.  People will always take comments how they want to - and usually it’s negative. That is understandable given the last 6 years and having to endure the likes of old dirty teeth, his bint sidekick and that Weasel Murray.  We are also in limbo, not really had any real clarity  since we heard about the takeover picking up pace. That said, Southall did say they would be making no further comment. Even if he did speak now, what is he going to say? All we know if that the interviews have taken place and Southall has spoken to Bowyer and Co. 

All you have done is pass info on that you have heard and how you have read it. 
    For what it is worth, and as I said, my first post was clumsily written as I stood on a jostling crowd on platform 1 of Charlton station waiting for the 10.06 to Lewisham. I am not slick with mobile telephone typing so my initial post was less clear than I would've liked. I have subsequently tried to clarify whilst maintaining a modicum of discretion.
    Yesterday evening a lot of posters were abusive towards me, which is fair enough that is their mindset, but I really don't see the big crime I am supposed to have committed.
    Perhaps the abusive posters will help me by explaining the reason for their abuse.
    Seth......you’re an old and trusted poster on here but you were/are wrong to have made your initial post.....I’ll tell you why.
    Over the years I, like many others, have picked up on stuff from what you would think from pretty reliable sources that I could easily have posted on here but chose not to because they were potentially distressing to the fan base, “especially” when they were not substantiated and simply possibly been spread as idle gossip.
    What you wrote will have put the shits up many a fan ( myself included) and set off a chain of discontent  and genuine apprehension, you admit yourself that what you heard may not be factual, yet still chose to post it.....why ?
    So what the bloody he’ll was the point Seth.....keep your mouth shut, see if anyone posts something along similar lines (which they haven’t by the way) and then maybe throw your two pennarth into the ring is how I’d have played it.
    All you have done is to cause distress and anxiety....nice work.
    Sometimes it’s best just to keep your mouth shut......I’m sorry but I think this has been one of those occasions.
    I am sorry. If saying I personally feel less confident put the shits up you all that is your problem not mine. Idle gossip has existed on Charlton Life continually, indeed often welcomed. 
    If on the other hand you wish me to keep my mouth shut, then I will if you will.
    I  told you I have......and on quite a few occasions over the years.
    Fair point. I accept what you say, that for your own reasons you have kept your own counsel about mysterious matters in the past.
    On an issue such as a takeover which everybody is eager to discover more I posted what I did. Even reading back I believe what I posted was pretty innocuous, and it was personalised to my degree of confidence. So to answer your earlier question as to why I posted at all, well it was a post about being cautious wasn't it? Is that really so wrong, it is not about me operating some kind of propaganda ministry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019
    I wonder if all this is being blown out of proportion.

Look back at the original announcement on the club website and all the positive statements that was in it (as well as the thought in naming the business East Street), we all agreed that their intentions were to make this club great again.

We have a potential chairman who has been to more games than the current owner has in 5 years, even travelling to Middlesborough with ex Director David Smith who was very complementary towards him. He has mingled with the fans in the bar, so not sure what else he can do right now as they have stated that they will not be making any further statement until the takeover is completed.

Like everyone I'm as frustrated at how long this is taking, I'm sure that if we had got the right results in the last couple of games then we wouldn't be half as frustrated.

Let's  hope that this gets over the line as quickly as possible and enjoy what the future holds.

COYR.
  • Options
    razil said:
    @Airman Brown  what are the risks around that eventuality?

I’m no expert and don’t claim to be, but clearly many businesses will borrow against their assets to fund investment. In Man United’s case it was used to fund the purchase, as I understand it. The problem in Charlton’s case is that the business is unlikely to be profitable outside of the Premier League, so there are no spare revenues to service the debt, except potentially player sales, and ultimately unless promoted the club would have to attract further investment or go bust.

Should add that it is very unlikely you could borrow enough from a conventional bank against the assets to fund the publicised purchase price or a promotion challenge, but I reckon that by selling Taylor in January and borrowing against the ground (which requires repaying ex-directors first) you could buy yourself a year or two if you could avoid relegation to L1. 
    So it sounds like they aren't minted & we will be flogging all & sundry like before. 

Also sounds like Taylor is off too. He hasn't looked his usual self the last 2 home games.....a bit more detached & not interacting with the fans as much. Wouldn't be surprised if it's more down to him that he's been on the bench (and only coming on for 20 mins) than the medical team managing him. 

They have the money, they will be working to land the required targets I'm sure. We will find out soon enough I'm sure, but I don't suppose for one minute when one of the investors in the club has very deep pockets and connections like he has that he would be coming into the club to sell players. Of course I would love Lyle to stay, but if he does go and is replaced by one or two established champ/prem players would that be a bad thing? 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Sage said:
    All will be done, I’m not worried.

For Bowyer to have discussions and know plans moving forward is a positive. For it all to be on the table is a positive. For it to be kept behind closed doors, especially at this stage of the season, is a positive. Even if that frustrates people.

The wording of strange things has been taken out of context. He admitted it wasn’t the correct way of saying it. To me, it just means that Southall wants to try something different to move the club forward. Something obviously needs to change and rather than what we have been like over the last 6 years, maybe they don’t want to be just like any other club. He wants to try other ideas that would be beneficial to the club in other ways.

That doesn’t mean it’s negative or we are going to experience what we have under Roland. I think it means he wants to be clever with the running of the club. What that is, only they know and that includes Bowyer and Gallen.

It also seems to me that the EFL are only capable of dealing with one thing at a time.
    That means the process is going to take longer than we like. But it was only last week that it was reported all parties were happy with the timeframe of the process.

For me, so long as the takeover is official and confirmed by the new year, that’s fine. It will allow us to kick on and start fresh in 2020. 
    One thing I do know is that this is categorically not why the takeover has yet to be approved.
  • Options
    Quote 'some things were said and you think OK that sounds different' 

Answer: I'm actually being listened to and I'm going to be backed in the transfer window. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its Roland all over again aint it?
  • Options
    Sage said:

For Bowyer to have discussions and know plans moving forward is a positive. For it all to be on the table is a positive. For it to be kept behind closed doors, especially at this stage of the season, is a positive. Even if that frustrates people.

The wording of strange things has been taken out of context. He admitted it wasn’t the correct way of saying it. To me, it just means that Southall wants to try something different to move the club forward. Something obviously needs to change and rather than what we have been like over the last 6 years, maybe they don’t want to be just like any other club. He wants to try other ideas that would be beneficial to the club in other ways.

That doesn’t mean it’s negative or we are going to experience what we have under Roland. I think it means he wants to be clever with the running of the club. What that is, only they know and that includes Bowyer and Gallen.

It also seems to me that the EFL are only capable of dealing with one thing at a time.
    That means the process is going to take longer than we like. But it was only last week that it was reported all parties were happy with the timeframe of the process.

For me, so long as the takeover is official and confirmed by the new year, that’s fine. It will allow us to kick on and start fresh in 2020. 
    One thing I do know is that this is categorically not why the takeover has yet to be approved.
    So what do you know Airman?
  • Options
    Sage said:

It also seems to me that the EFL are only capable of dealing with one thing at a time. That means the process is going to take longer than we like. But it was only last week that it was reported all parties were happy with the timeframe of the process.

Not to mention he'll have to if he wants to win promotion to the Premier League whilst avoiding FFP issues
  • Options
    Sage said:

That the EFL reject that line out of hand.
  • Options
    Sage said:

That the EFL reject that line out of hand.
    So have you any insight on what might be delaying it, or is just the process?
  • Options
    Looking at that back row, perhaps the strange thing is that in January we'll be buying Neymar, Eriksen, Kante... and Zak Ansah.
  • Options
    When Lionel, Cristiano and Mo run out in their lovely blue kit the 'strange' comment will be explained.
  • Options
    Looking at that back row, perhaps the strange thing is that in January we'll be buying Neymar, Eriksen, Kante... and Zak Ansah.
    Henry will be delighted
  • Options
    Question: to what extent do the potential owners intend to finance the club or the sale by borrowing against the fixed assets, i.e The Valley/Sparrows Lane?
    Is this a random question? Sounds more like you may know a little more. Can you elaborate?

But as others have said if this deal is against borrowing money then no lender is basing that on the unenforceable and of limited value of the property. Only personal guarantees backed by other assets would give comfort to a lender. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!