Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    I have passed on what I heard
    If you want another opinion then find one. Bowyer uses the word "if" does that not suggest that things are not as straightforward as we first thought? Why did Bowyer bounce the question about Taylor to a journalist last Tuesday?
     I repeat I hope I am wrong. 
    Nope, it means he's just covering himself because the deal ain't over the line yet. Standard procedure   
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    The takeover is dragging on and it is not down to the EFL. I heard it was about the veracity of money  and the possibility that Duchatelet has not been careful in his dealings.
    There is also the strangeness not just of Bowyers comment but the nature of his answer regarding Taylor in the press conference after Huddersfield 
     I hope I am wrong and it is all going to be great. 
    What did he say about Taylor? I've missed this.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    The takeover is dragging on and it is not down to the EFL. I heard it was about the veracity of money  and the possibility that Duchatelet has not been careful in his dealings.
    There is also the strangeness not just of Bowyers comment but the nature of his answer regarding Taylor in the press conference after Huddersfield 
     I hope I am wrong and it is all going to be great. 
    See the source image
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I have passed on what I heard
    If you want another opinion then find one. Bowyer uses the word "if" does that not suggest that things are not as straightforward as we first thought? Why did Bowyer bounce the question about Taylor to a journalist last Tuesday?
     I repeat I hope I am wrong. 
     One question, why would Bowyer not use the word if, given all the false dawns of Roland's sales?
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Sven-Göran Eriksson two rows in front of Will.I.Am
    Will I am looks an awful lot like Andy Ansah
  • Options
    You might like to check the post Huddersfield press conference around about the 7.47 mark to understand what I mean about the enigmatic Taylor answer.
  • Options
    The word 'should' is interesting....and why the further delay?
    Personally I want it to go through, I want us to be rich, I want all the success that may follow, but I am simply passing on what I have heard. Not going to say who from, and i hope it is speculation born of worry and fear.
    If any of you know anything else then share, especially if it rubbishes what I have written, I would be delighted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019
    seth plum said:
    Personally I want it to go through, I want us to be rich, I want all the success that may follow, but I am simply passing on what I have heard. Not going to say who from, and i hope it is speculation born of worry and fear.
    If any of you know anything else then share, especially if it rubbishes what I have written, I would be delighted.
    Are you feeling okay? clearly looking for attention.. or you would just come out with it, go to bed mate 
  • Options
    I've just seen the interview, it's definitely not a good 'strange'.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Are you feeling okay? clearly looking for attention.. or you would just come out with it, go to bed mate 
    I am passing on what I have heard.
    These are the first words I wrote on this matter after the match 
    'What I heard this evening made me feel less confident about any takeover.'
    If writing that is a problem for you then so be it.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    Geezer always talk shit 
    You are wrong, but I certainly respect your opinion.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    The way this is written suggests that you have spoken to someone who is very close too, or is, in the know.

Is this true?
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    The EFL are going to have their work cut out interviewing all these new consortium members.  

(Left to right) TV's Alex Brooker ("The Last Leg"), lovable rogue Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin (President of Russia and the United States), Formula One Gazillionaire Bernie Ecclestone, Voice botherer Will. I. Am, Movie star Charlie "Charlie" Sheen, Wernham Hogg's accounts department's ladies' man Keith, Are You Being Served's Wendy "EastEnders" Richards and Former celebrity Nadine Coyle. 

They will with Wendy Richards, she passed away about 5 years ago
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Yes you wrote that and then left it hanging there. Surely you can see why that would create a bit of angst?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    So you mean that this takeover could be in jeopardy?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo55 said:
    I admire some of the optimism on here but “strange” does not sound good to me. This is starting to smell dodgy. 
    Agreed. Absolutely not good news. 
  • Options
    Is that Andy Ansah next to Gallen at the back?
  • Options
    I can’t see ‘strange’ being a good sign.
    You think I'm strange but you know that I'm also wonderful.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    I admire some of the optimism on here but “strange” does not sound good to me. This is starting to smell dodgy. 
    Agreed. Absolutely not good news. 
    It is great news. Money to spend in January and Bows says strange means different. No need to look for problems.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Think we need to wait and see when / if the deal gets completed

Press Conference will hopefully tell us all we need to know from Southall's comments to his body language, same with Bowyer

Can understand why everyone is nervous but you'll make it worse for yourselves speculating like this

P.S. For all the talk of signing Bowen? - Nah!!... Sarr had him in his pocket, let Leeds have him
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    The way this is written suggests that you have spoken to someone who is very close too, or is, in the know.

Is this true?
    It is a conversation I had with a person that has been knowledgeable in the past. I repeat I used the words 'less confident', where before I thought and hoped it would all be an easy formality.
    I have not said I heard the deal is off, but that because of what I heard I feel 'less' confident.
    If that is troublesome to some posters I can't help that.
    If you want my opinion based on what I have heard, then what I think is that the EFL have done their checks correctly and the process has been rather slow for other reasons.
    Hopefully all problems can be resolved.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Bowyer couldn’t hide the fact that he is not happy, worrying times 
    He was smiling 
    Might have been wind
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    So you mean that this takeover could be in jeopardy?
    Yes. I am sorry. I did not mean 'any' takeover, but this one that is under consideration.

• Options
    Is that Andy Ansah next to Gallen at the back?
    Yer
  • Options
    veracity of money?? / strange ideas??? - have they agreed to make all payments in barrels of oil and rd didn't realise??  'Do you think Lyle would accept ownership of a thousand camels Lee until we can liquidify some assetts?'  
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!