Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    2003, The congestion charge in central London comes into operation, England win The Rugby World Cup & Mick Jagger is knighted.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    CARD working on the next banner

Ver good. 
  • Options
    American buyers?.
    Australian. Apparently they just need to submit the paperwork and it's done.
     Not very good. (Repetition). 
  • Options
    I see there are still a few people who are under the impression that Scott Minto was the Sky commentator who reported this information.......it wasn’t. 
    I am not sure exactly who it was, but it was made during the game itself by one of the match commentators and of course Scott doesn’t do actual game commentary, he is more of a presenter, summariser.
    Apologies, I thought it was...... I heard it said while in the “Karzy” just before kickoff so assumed it was. 
  • Options
    It’s highly unlikely that a Sky match commentator would have any contact with Duchatelet or De Turck. Anything they gleaned would come from closer to the football side. Murray has also been mentioned to me as a source on this one.
    Quelle surprise and no, I'm not aware that there is a French connection either 😉.
  • Options
    Done deal..close the thread 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    IanJRO said:
    Sat behind these three at the Cottage on Saturday. Could be something in it

Did they have any Frankincense and Myrrh with them?
  • Options
    Damn! Bloody code breakers, I've been sussed.
  • Options
    This sale is taking almost as long as waiting for food in a French McDonald's.
  • Options
    This sale is taking almost as long as waiting for food in a French McDonald's.
    He'll still be our Chairman come the end of the season.
  • Options
    I’m hearing from a usually reliable source of mine that the Americans are prepared to meet the £50 million asking price for the club. Lock, stock and barrel.

It’s the first time in ages this person has contacted me with news on the club so I’m thinking there might be something in it despite how unrealistic it might sound given the ridiculous asking price!
    How many Americans?.
    the United States 2019 population is estimated at 329,064,917 people
    Frightening, 329 million divies deciding that Terry Fuckwit and his ridiculous Syrup should run the country.  Reagan and the Bushes can relax in the knowledge that they're no longer the thickest Presidents on record.  

Which Americans are rumoured? New York Italians, LA Useless or BoJack Horseman?  If they think they're gonna palm off their shit retired fatties like Joe Cole, Rooney and Defoe, we haven't signed useless pie heads since Francis Jeffers, Marcus Bent and Hasselbaink
  • Options
    ads said:
    I’m hearing from a usually reliable source of mine that the Americans are prepared to meet the £50 million asking price for the club. Lock, stock and barrel.

It’s the first time in ages this person has contacted me with news on the club so I’m thinking there might be something in it despite how unrealistic it might sound given the ridiculous asking price!
    How many Americans?.
    the United States 2019 population is estimated at 329,064,917 people
    Frightening, 329 million divies deciding that Terry Fuckwit and his ridiculous Syrup should run the country.  Reagan and the Bushes can relax in the knowledge that they're no longer the thickest Presidents on record.  

Which Americans are rumoured? New York Italians, LA Useless or BoJack Horseman?  If they think they're gonna palm off their shit retired fatties like Joe Cole, Rooney and Defoe, we haven't signed useless pie heads since Francis Jeffers, Marcus Bent and Hasselbaink
    He lost the popular vote.

• Options
    I predict nothing will come from this

That is so negative, something will come of this, probably giving a fan who lives in New Zealand an earful for winding everyone up.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was the commentator and he implied the source was from Duchatelet or his side. So the news may be new but also not new in its nature. Will that be the first and last we hear, we just have to wait and see.

Unless my memory is going (which it probably is), the commentator said "an interested party was looking to buy Charlton and they have been put into contact with Duchatelet. I think the price is around £50m"
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    It was the commentator and he implied the source was from Duchatelet or his side. So the news may be new but also not new in its nature. Will that be the first and last we hear, we just have to wait and see.

Unless my memory is going (which it probably is), the commentator said "an interested party was looking to buy Charlton and they have been put into contact with Duchatelet. I think the price is around £50m"
    He did not say party just Buyer.
  • Options
    Trump ?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

He did not say party just Buyer.
    What difference does it make?
  • Options
    start getting those red "make Charlton great again" baseball caps ready
  • Options
    If it’s an American, pray it’s not John Moores.
  • Options
    When the commentator spoke it seemed throwaway and insubstantial.
    So that's enough for another twenty pages on this thread.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    When the commentator spoke it seemed throwaway and insubstantial.
    So that's enough for another twenty pages on this thread.
    Minimum.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    If it’s an American, pray it’s not John Moores.

Why?

Older then RD.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

£50M is the part where I stopped listening.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!