Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Anti Roland hype was at it’s highest when we were plumetting downwards. Now we are ‘on the up’ it has died down. No more protests, no more demonstrations. This tells us that as long as we are doing well result wise we don’t care who owns us? 
    Roland Out!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    American buyers?.
    What’s that based on?
    Colin told him 
  • Options
    The owner and his cronies are taking a back seat from the team at the moment. The team has done brilliantly so we all support them. The owner is still failing to sell the club or put any sort of infrastructure in place. He’s given Bowyer a tiny budget at this level so it’s all down to Bowyer, his team and the players that the support is there. Personally, I will continue to support the team but the owner still needs to do one.
    I think there is method in RD's madness in failing to replace KM as CEO, and it is the same reason why LdT has such a low profile at matches - even weekday fixtures when he is nominally working at the club.

Roland can see as well as the rest of us that protesting is harder to sustain when there is no-one present to protest against.

Past loyalties make protests directed at Murray unpalatable in some quarters.
    Appointing Gallen as a director was a clever move, since there is little chance of the fans turning on him.
    For a multitude of reasons, mass protests in Belgium are harder to organise and attract less support than those at The Valley, although as we have seen there is still scope for guerrilla action by small groups!

So, having no figurehead visible in England reduces the risk of adverse publicity for RD.

While things are going well on the pitch, and there are no urgent controversial contract issues, it is unlikely there will develop a head of steam of the kind that would reignite pre-match marches, mass protests in the carpark, or match disruption.  I think RD has therefore adopted a "don't rock the boat" strategy in order to gain himself a quiet life for a few months.  It will be interesting to see if he can maintain this through January.
  • Options
    2001, The Twin Towers atrocity, also Kent win The National League, and Chris Powell wins his first England cap.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I can't wait til we hit page 2020 and "happyvalley" can tell us what events happen in the future the next 100-years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't wait til we hit page 2020 and beyond and "happyvalley" can tell us what events happen in the future the next 100-years.
    Yet another @Uboat
  • Options

Takeover update

LDT talked through the various interested parties referenced previously.

The group linked to the Australians

LDT said they are still active. He said they were at semi-final against Doncaster Rovers and at the play-off final at Wembley. He said they have also been to games this season. He said he is still in contact with them and that they are still working on a deal. He said he takes them seriously as they are serious business people but he wonders if they can ever finalise the deal. He said that after the final at Wembley it was very close with Australians but very suddenly it didn’t happen. LDT was asked if this was because the price went up. LDT said the price didn’t go up.

Second group

LDT said this group has been ruled out. He said they failed in delivering the money.

Fifth group

LDT said the group went away, then came back. He said they have gone away again but they have not officially confirmed that they have stopped the process but he added that he reads the newspapers. 

Additional

LDT said he is in fresh talks with new groups and that they have signed NDAs. He said that negotiations with these parties have not begun yet as they have yet to submit concrete documents like proof of funds. He said NDAs have been signed in recent weeks but that doesn’t mean that the parties are close. He said with the second group and fifth group no longer on the scene, he can’t just focus on a group (the Australians), who he has been speaking with for 20 months.

Richard Wiseman (CAST) said the club is in a better position now than when it first was put up for sale and that LDT is saying the price has not changed. He said given these two bits of information, why is there not more interest? LDT said the price hasn’t changed and that there is new interest in the club. He said though that a lot of Championship clubs are for sale. RW asked if there are actually a lot of Championship clubs for sale. LDT said there are, he referenced Leeds United as an example. He added that Roland Duchatelet (RD) wants to be careful who he sells the club to and he doesn’t want to sell it to an owner who may put the club’s future at risk, LDT gave examples of Bolton and Bury. 

Ian Wallis (Bromley Addicks) said it has been repeatedly said that the ex-director loans are not an issue but then it has been hinted by the club that they are an issue.

LDT said a new owner can take over the club with liabilities still in place. He said a party who makes a problem about liabilities is looking for money to have freehold over the assets. 

RW said LDT had been showing groups around last weekend and two weekends before. LDT said that he indeed showed groups around.  

IW asked if given the recent success, is RD losing interest in selling the club and is he tempted to pump money in and get to the Premier League?

LDT said RD is not losing an appetite to sell and he doesn’t thing RD will overspend in an attempt to get into the Premier League. 

Barnie Razzell (City Addicks) asked if rumours were true a CEO was soon to be appointed.

LDT said that a CEO is not soon to be appointed. 

I know this has been commented on before but it still makes me laugh.

He'd probably sell to ISIS if they offered him enough money.
    Well. We need someone who will take no prisoners.
  • Options
    Airman know anything?.
  • Options
    I think that enquiries to purchase the club are often received. Some go forward and some fade away. I’m sure we will be sold but who knows when. 
  • Options
    I can't wait til we hit page 2020 and beyond and "happyvalley" can tell us what events happen in the future the next 100-years.
    Yet another @Uboat
    I must have miscounted first time. Apologies to everyone who thought this was over. 
  • Options
    hermann said:
    Sky commentator just mentioned a new buyer approaching this week, said the value discussed was £50m. Not sure if that's interest that hasn't been covered on here already...
    More bull**** from the club to get the fans excited.
  • Options
    Now is the time to buy us. We look solid. Bit of investment and who knows?

Please bugger off Roland
    Dushitelet is going nowhere all the whilst there is a sniff of the play-offs.

He's here for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    Anti Roland hype was at it’s highest when we were plumetting downwards. Now we are ‘on the up’ it has died down. No more protests, no more demonstrations. This tells us that as long as we are doing well result wise we don’t care who owns us? 
    Foundations built on sand.
  • Options
    Isn't great to have a go to thread to discuss these updates/rumours.

Viva la thread
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Viva la thread
    For goodness sake mods, give him a promote for this thread........... :)
  • Options
    No, Flag him. Sorry, I forgot he has used them all up :)
  • Options
    The commentator plucked something out of the air in order to make a comment.
    Nothing to see here.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Viva la thread
    For goodness sake mods, give him a promote for this thread........... :)

Don't need or want one.

The honour of being the instigator of the greatest thread of all time is enough
  • Options
    Jeez. "Look at me, look at me."

Give it a rest.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Right said thread...have a cup of Charlie...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!