Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    2002, The deaths of Princess Margaret & The Queen Mother.
  • Options
    Anti Roland hype was at it’s highest when we were plumetting downwards. Now we are ‘on the up’ it has died down. No more protests, no more demonstrations. This tells us that as long as we are doing well result wise we don’t care who owns us? 
    Bullshit
  • Options
  • Options
    For now, we can all agree there is one, almighty, 
    undeniable truth, which is that, despite Roland, 
    Charlton are showing signs of improvement. 
    Knowing this, we should all relax a little. 

Often, when we discuss the complex issues of 
    finance, we neglect to consider that, in 
    fact, Roland has exceptional pedigree. 

Yet, at the same time, it would be fair for 
    one to argue that the owner is, frankly, 
    universally despised, due to his incompetence. 

Charlton Athletic fans should, therefore be 
    under no illusion that the fight goes on, is 
    necessary, and will, we hope, result in a 
    total victory, with the ownership passing on. 
  • Options
    Anti Roland hype was at it’s highest when we were plumetting downwards. Now we are ‘on the up’ it has died down. No more protests, no more demonstrations. This tells us that as long as we are doing well result wise we don’t care who owns us? 
    Bullshit
    Its an interesting point 
  • Options
    What a superb classic Charlton contradiction.  Gritty performances on the pitch and in the dugout, a refreshed enthused fanbase. The glow is palpable and i only see it through CL of course, it must be even better for attenders? 
    Then there is the absent owner, dismissive, elusive and frustrating as hell.  His disdain and ambivalence to our passion for this club hits the mark every time.

We live in interesting times for Charlton Athletic.  If the arse was falling out on the field imagine our changrin!  But like an annoying, persistant itch in a troublesome embarassing place I am enjoying scratching it.  Roland can do one PDQ make no bones about it but i feel good.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    I don't think Scott Minto would peddle shite
    I’ve heard he has a Cannondale...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m hearing from a usually reliable source of mine that the Americans are prepared to meet the £50 million asking price for the club lock, stock and barrel.

It’s the first time in ages this person has contacted me with news on the club so I’m thinking there might be something in it despite how unrealistic it might sound given the ridiculous asking price!
    It's happening!
  • Options
    I’m hearing from a usually reliable source of mine that the Americans are prepared to meet the £50 million asking price for the club. Lock, stock and barrel.

It’s the first time in ages this person has contacted me with news on the club so I’m thinking there might be something in it despite how unrealistic it might sound given the ridiculous asking price!
    Vinnie Jones isn’t American 
  • Options
    BR3red said:
    I’m hearing from a usually reliable source of mine that the Americans are prepared to meet the £50 million asking price for the club. Lock, stock and barrel.

Vinnie Jones isn’t American 
    No but maybe he drives a jaguar? 
  • Options
    A seat for every post 

We have now filled The London Stadium (60,000) it's been a long time coming since we filled The City of Manchester Stadium (55,097)

@flyingkiwiDK has now probably done enough with his post for us to fill The Emirates Stadium tomorrow (60,260)
  • Options

How many Americans?.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    My wife found out she was pregnant this month in 1993. I was over the moon she was absolutely in a state of shock.

Did you ever find out who the father was?
    Was that supposed to be an attempt at humour? If so it might be best to keep your jokes to yourself. If it wasn’t a joke perhaps you could explain why you wrote such an insulting sentence.

I missed Redrobo's post first time round. Thank you for drawing my attention to it. I have just gone back and given it a LOL.
  • Options

Getting closer and closer to 2019. Only @Uboat and I have realised that @happyvalley will have to rely on future events at that point.
    With Happy Valley's extraordinary track record of accurately predicting the score of Charlton's forthcoming matches, I am sure that will not faze him in the slightest. He obviously has crystal balls.
  • Options

How many Americans?.
    the United States 2019 population is estimated at 329,064,917 people
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Aethelstan said
    With Happy Valley's extraordinary track record of accurately predicting the score of Charlton's forthcoming matches, I am sure that will not faze him in the slightest. He obviously has crystal balls.
    If his powers of prediction are that good, perhaps he should get a Euromillions ticket for Tuesday's draw. With £169million jackpot, he could buy the club himself and we could finally kill the thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I see there are still a few people who are under the impression that Scott Minto was the Sky commentator who reported this information.......it wasn’t. 
    I am not sure exactly who it was, but it was made during the game itself by one of the match commentators and of course Scott doesn’t do actual game commentary, he is more of a presenter, summariser.
  • Options
    It was the commentator and he implied the source was from Duchatelet or his side. So the news may be new but also not new in its nature. Will that be the first and last we hear, we just have to wait and see.

• Options
    Chizz said:

Doesn't rhyme at all or even vaguely scan.

No, but it contains an important message
  • Options
    With the weak currency now is the time to buy using dollars...its the best a man can get 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

I've just recorded it and played it backwards at double speed, and still nothing.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

Yes.....that you’re a lousy poet.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Unfortunately I can’t believe it until you tell us there’s a two week deadline. That’s how this thread works.
    No set timeframe as far as I know. I think it’s early days still.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!