Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    My Christmas wish
    Dear Santa.
    Please send me a new owner of my favourite football club Charlton Athletic.
    I don’t want an owner who lives abroad and rarely attends matches, i.e. From Australia, Australia or Azerbaijan.
    I don’t want an owner who can’t afford to buy the Valley and training ground.
    (We’ve been there before with a near disastrous outcome.)
    I don’t want an owner who views the Valley as a piece of real estate that can be a future housing development.
    I don’t want an owner who cannot properly fund Charlton Athletic from his own wealth rather relying on some obscure city financier.
    I know Santa, that I am wishing for the impossible but I think that after supporting Charlton Athletic for nearly sixty years, I deserve an owner who is a Charlton Athletic supporter, who attends matches and who can properly fund the club.
    Thanks.
  • Options

If I buy a small off licence for 200K, ramp up 4 million in debt through unpaid rent and employing incompetant staff on ridiculous wages whilst taking a large wage myself is that business then worth over 4 million?

Depends. If it's based in Knightsbridge and has just secured a royal warrant to supply Charlie boy with Camilla's gin, then yes. If it's in Jaywick and sells nothing but Frosty Jack's and Rizla, no.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

So we're looking for someone incredibly wealthy who is prepared to take a big risk, with only an outside chance of a return on the investment.

Oh god.

I'm afraid He's already walked away.

That's why we lost last Saturday.

• Options
    this thread needs sinking
  • Options
    now thats poetry
  • Options
    Oh, is that it then? :unamused:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That about sums up his ownership of CAFC - a hobby! What an insult. Just bugger off you simpleton.

What else do you honestly think we should expect from someone who has no affinity with the club?

It either has to be a hobby or a money making scheme. Or maybe a bit of both.
    And the latter has failed on many an occasion.

Highly likely new owners will fall into one of these two boxes.
    There's a third category - life long supporters who win the lottery. £101m jackpot tonight. I have a ticket.

(PS I've already had a word with Curbs and SCP about how I'm going to put them into some sort of joint management team, They are waiting to hear from me again after my numbers come up).
    Sorry guys - numbers never came up last night. No real problem as the jackpot is now about £110 million, meaning when I win this weekend I can now not only buy the club but also give SCP an extra £6m to strengthen the squad.

I hope Reading is the first club you call with a transfer offer.
    It will be!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    cabbles said:

Checks back in to see 95 new posts, the first of which is @NapaAddick claiming we could be worth between £70-80m

I scurry off to the Brexit thread instead

Don't be too hasty you could have a bit of light entertainment first on the Apprentice or Ashes threads where the Aussies have just taken the new ball :wink:
  • Options
    The Takeover is no longer. @i_b_b_o_r_g please close the thread.
  • Options

The Takeover is no longer. @i_b_b_o_r_g please close the thread.

as in off or complete..??
  • Options

It’s my birthday tomorrow and seeing as I’ll be forty five I’ve not really had any exciting presents for a long time, socks, pants and electric screwdrivers just haven’t got my pulse racing. So Roly, tomorrow mate, you know what you have to do.

Slightly ironic that your post is directly under an add for DREMEL.

Happy birthday for tomorrow, but I wouldn't get your hopes up!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I’ve heard it’s off.

Airman ?
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

It’s my birthday tomorrow and seeing as I’ll be forty five I’ve not really had any exciting presents for a long time, socks, pants and electric screwdrivers just haven’t got my pulse racing. So Roly, tomorrow mate, you know what you have to do.

Slightly ironic that your post is directly under an add for DREMEL.

Happy birthday for tomorrow, but I wouldn't get your hopes up!
    We get personalised ads, don't we? I think all it shows is that you're into tools.
  • Options
    Very concerned!!, Saw lots of new posts and thought it had gone through!! and now 2 people @ricky_otto and @ShootersHillGuru are both saying the Takeover is off!! Anyone got anything they can add? If its off we are stuck with RD through the transfer window and I don't expect him to do much re bringing in new players to help the squad. I can only hope its still going on and DD is continuing, if not I feel we are going to be stuck here until next season at least!
  • Options
    Don't see any reason to worry unless more people say they've heard the same @Redmidland
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I’ve heard it’s off.

Airman ?

For heaven's sake stop panicking. I've already said above the take over will go through tomorrow when I win the £110m Euro million jackpot. Just have some faith in me.
  • Options
    I would imagine any interested parties have a realistic value of what the Club is worth , £10M max and RD thinks £50M + so don't hold your breath
  • Options
    I’ll see you on The Darkside of the Moon.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Two hundred not out and counting! Dawid Malan please take note :wink:
  • Options

I would imagine any interested parties have a realistic value of what the Club is worth , £10M max and RD thinks £50M + so don't hold your breath

Like most people I have no 'inside' knowledge, but it seems we can be reasonably confident that Due Diligence is or has taken place by at least one potential buyer.

Surely - a bit like buying a house and going ahead with surveys and legal searches - Due Diligence would not be done unless there was at least a provisional offer put forward by the 'buyer' that was broadly acceptable to the 'seller' and the 'seller' was reasonably satisfied that the 'buyer' had access to the necessary funds?

So if things have now 'stalled' it surely won't be over the overall (broad) 'price' or 'value' (as that should have been provisionally agreed before Due Diligence was undertaken) and is therefore more likely to be about the 'structuring' of payment(s) (i.e. deferring part until certain promotion goals are achieved) - I would have thought?
  • Options
    Not forgetting of course how the former Directors loans secured by debentures are to be dealt with.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!