Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    TRANSLATION

LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD IS FOR ROLAND DUCHÂTELET
    DOMINIEK CLAESDECEMBER 11, 2017
    In line with Jean-Baptiste Claes (JBC), this year we also issue a Lifetime Achievement Award to an entrepreneur who has been of great importance to Limburg with his business career. And the winner is ... Roland Duchâtelet!

Roland Duchâtelet (71) lives alternately in Sint-Truiden, close to 'his' Stayen, and Antwerp. "But I feel" more Limburger than Antwerp, "he says immediately. "I sometimes call myself an adoption citizen." I like to live here in Sint-Truiden. It is a great city, where there is much to experience. And yet you're here on the outside in a few minutes. "Ludwig Verduyn's specialized website, 'The Richest Belgians', has ranked him among the ten richest Belgians, with an estimated capacity of € 1.6 billion, says Duchâtelet. unimportant. "Are Ludwig Verduyn's figures correct? I do not know. I'm not working on that. "

Roland Duchâtelet was born in 1946 in Antwerp. His father was a gendarmerie officer in Liège, but had to move to Antwerp for his career. "I only lived in Antwerp for two years", says Duchâtelet almost apologetically. "My parents then moved to Mechelen." He graduated as an engineer at KU Leuven and subsequently worked for various factories. "At the time, I was already very concerned with entrepreneurship, although it was rather internal", he remembers. "At a certain moment I was working in a German company, together with Rudi De Winter and Françoise Chombar. With the three of us, we later established an engineering firm. Actually that was the predecessor of Melexis. "

Françoise Chombar and Rudi De Winter are also the permanent business partners of Roland Duchâtelet in other companies. Together they work directly and indirectly on some 7,000 people. This empire manages the Truiense businessman through his holding company Elex. For example, he controls 90 percent of the international group Fremach, producer of plastic parts with headquarters in Diepenbeek and 1,350 employees worldwide.
    Another important pivot company is Xtrion, half owned by Elex and the other half by the duo Chombar-De Winter. Xtrion is the dome above the well-known company groups Melexis with 1,600 employees worldwide, and X-Fab. X-Fab has its address in Tessenderlo, but the actual chip factories, now six in total, are located in Germany, France, Malaysia and the USA. The group of companies employs some 3,800 people, including the 965 people of the French Altis, which Duchâtelet & Co took over at the end of 2016.

Duchâtelet is also co-shareholder of the Truiense call center Callexcell of Karin Van De Velde. That already counts 570 employees, and is looking for another 120 people.
    Roland's partner, Marieke Höfte, also owns the Stayen stadium and the buildings around it. Around 1,000 people already work in all shops and activities around the stadium. "And that without a cent subsidy," said Duchâtelet.

As a hobby he still has three football clubs with the German Carl Zeiss Jena, the Spanish AD Alcorcón, the British Charlton Athletic. The Hungarian Újpest is now in the hands of his son Roderick. And as is known, he sold STVV for the second time, this time at the Japanese DMM.com.

(You can read the entire interview in Het Belang van Limburg on Tuesday)
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Proves what we always knew ... just a hobby!

No thought for the fans and how much the club means to us.

As long as he has his ‘toy’ to play with and his ‘niece’ gets a chance to play at being the boss, he is happy.
  • Options
    you can have all the money in the world but does it make you a "fit and proper person"? ...i suppose if it was/is only a "hobby" you wouldnt mind losing money on it if you chose to give it up though ...not that we can predict the thoughts of a rich nutcase
  • Options
    That about sums up his ownership of CAFC - a hobby! What an insult. Just bugger off you simpleton.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    A hobby that has turned into a wee jobby...
  • Options
    edited December 2017

That about sums up his ownership of CAFC - a hobby! What an insult. Just bugger off you simpleton.

What else do you honestly think we should expect from someone who has no affinity with the club?

It either has to be a hobby or a money making scheme. Or maybe a bit of both.
    And the latter has failed on many an occasion.

Highly likely new owners will fall into one of these two boxes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafckev said:

Maybe CARD could send him a nice little train set or a starter pack of stamps. This would show him that there are other hobbies he could take up instead of paying lots of money with nothing in return

I used to love those as a kid. My uncle often bought me a packet. I had no idea what to do with them & they were mostly Hungarian or Finish. No penny blacks I'm afraid otherwise I'll be buying the club now.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

By the 7th January.

I was in Brasil when they took us over, so would be spooky if they sold whilst I'm back out there.

Your quest to find a Brazilian ladyboy must have you a few bob
    Yeah, he should have stuck to brown nosing in Charlton.
    Take that apologist.
  • Options

Macronate said:

Can we post pretty much anything on this thread now because I've got a few things I'm looking to sell.

As long as it’s not your arse.
    That is Swisdom's job.
  • Options
    It's only become a hobby because he doesn't do business failures lol.
  • Options

This thread today... Quick maths

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X09oxyIeGuY

He was the highlight for me at jingle bell ball

Man not hot
  • Options
    Reading that charlton is just a hobby really makes me angry and i hope this is the final insult, i think it is ! i want a half season ticket for xmas .
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

I'm just saying that if the £18m debt remains and is passed on to the new owners, he would only need an offer of circa £35m to break even so anything higher would be a profit. Not that he will get that of course.

And you had the front to try and belittle me for studying economics.

Perhaps GCSE maths is what you need.
    I'm not debating with u for fear you get all emotional again - if anyone can tell me what is incorrect about my opening statement on the maths of this deal, I'd b amazed - similar to my opening statement on this thread.
    Nothing emotional here mate. You turned it personal and you lost. Shows you up as a human being.

Both of your 'opening statements' (and subsequent revisions) have been shown up numerous times by different people on this thread but as usual you have your head up your backside.
    I apologise from the bottom of my heart for accusing u of studying economics - hopefully we can move on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe someone can start a thread on anything other than the takeover and then with a bit of luck, people will start posting takeover news on there.

That way, we won’t have to trawl through pages of inane bollox and petty squabbles to get to the crux of the biscuit! ;(
  • Options
    edited December 2017

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

I'm just saying that if the £18m debt remains and is passed on to the new owners, he would only need an offer of circa £35m to break even so anything higher would be a profit. Not that he will get that of course.

I'm not debating with u for fear you get all emotional again - if anyone can tell me what is incorrect about my opening statement on the maths of this deal, I'd b amazed - similar to my opening statement on this thread.
    Nothing emotional here mate. You turned it personal and you lost. Shows you up as a human being.

Both of your 'opening statements' (and subsequent revisions) have been shown up numerous times by different people on this thread but as usual you have your head up your backside.
    I apologise from the bottom of my heart for accusing u of studying economics - hopefully we can move on
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Go eat a another shit.
    Fixed that for you mate
  • Options
    I believe our current total debt is £57M? So that makes the enterprise value that number plus whatever RD gets for the club.

I still contend not one pound will be haircut from the debt at all when he sells. The new buyer will absorb it all, in my opinion. The only times I can remember clubs or owners eating debt is during administration and we are not there. Yet.

• Options

Jimmy Seed .... we need some more poetry. NOW!

• Options
    NappaAddick I would be very interested to read how you think CAFC could have a value of £75-80M. Sorry but I think you are deluded
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!