Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

I feel like making something up to get this thread back.
    I notice that half season tickets are operative from Saturday week.
    Another 'deadline' to get hopes up over.

why not some lines from a 18th century poem ..it worked last time
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

I'm just saying that if the £18m debt remains and is passed on to the new owners, he would only need an offer of circa £35m to break even so anything higher would be a profit. Not that he will get that of course.

And you had the front to try and belittle me for studying economics.

Perhaps GCSE maths is what you need.
    I'm not debating with u for fear you get all emotional again - if anyone can tell me what is incorrect about my opening statement on the maths of this deal, I'd b amazed - similar to my opening statement on this thread.
    Wow, what a cunt.
    HEY EVERYONE LETS MAKE THIS ALL ABOUT ME FOR A MOMENT
    Fixed that for you, my man.
    Kent Addick
    Do your parents read Charlton Life ?
    Yeah they read everything I ever post, anywhere. Don’t yours?
    It would be difficult ........ wasn't having a pop at you anyway more the bloke that posted the comment re your parents. A joke that failed miserably
  • Options
    If a cowboy rides into town on Tuesday and stays for 2 nights, how can he then ride out on Monday?
  • Options

Anyway,

One of the irregular updates requested of those too lazy to read every post.

Little news in the last week since Roland confirmed that he is "open to offers" and that he's not made any money out of football.

Karl Robinson said that he'd only spoken to Roland once in three months and that was to persuade him to let him sign Leon Best on a short term contract.

Airman Brown stated that he had been approached by someone from the "west Stand" before the Pompey game on 9/12 who had informed him that the takeover was on but other than that nothing.

WIOTOS

I think @Henry Irving should get this tattooed to his wrist once it appears on the site
  • Options

If a cowboy rides into town on Tuesday and stays for 2 nights, how can he then ride out on Monday?

Monday is the name of his horse.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    RedChaser said:

CafcCrazy said:

If I had 50p for every time I failed a maths exam I'd have £7.20 by now.

That's inflation for you mate, went up to 3.1% last month :wink:
    Oh no! Will Roland have to up the interest amount on the £55m/£53m/2 bob that the club owes Staprix or risk losing out????
  • Options

cafcwill said:

Anyway,

Little news in the last week since Roland confirmed that he is "open to offers" and that he's not made any money out of football.

Karl Robinson said that he'd only spoken to Roland once in three months and that was to persuade him to let him sign Leon Best on a short term contract.

Airman Brown stated that he had been approached by someone from the "west Stand" before the Pompey game on 9/12 who had informed him that the takeover was on but other than that nothing.

WIOTOS

I think @Henry Irving should get this tattooed to his wrist once it appears on the site
    Already got a "When it's on the official site" tattoo but it say WIOTOS when it's cold
    Shouldn’t have tattooed it on your cock.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Monday is the name of his horse.
    No, the cowboy's dyslexic and can't spell Trigger or Saturday
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Pedro45 said:

RedChaser said:

CafcCrazy said:

If I had 50p for every time I failed a maths exam I'd have £7.20 by now.

That's inflation for you mate, went up to 3.1% last month :wink:
    Oh no! Will Roland have to up the interest amount on the £55m/£53m/2 bob that the club owes Staprix or risk losing out????
    The latter and I'm gutted for him firstt the exchange rate has moved against him since Brexit and now the highest rate of inflation for a few years :naughty:
  • Options

(Goodbye) Horse
  • Options
    Racing towards 6k comments.........................
  • Options

Racing towards 6k comments.........................

And still no promote for the thread starter
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Apparently, Duchatelet has been given some kind of Limberger lifetime achievement award.

www.madeinlimburg.be/nieuws/lifetime-achievement-award-is-voor-roland-duchatelet/

Can't get it to link but cut and paste and google translate.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I quite like this thread, everyone whiling away the time chatting rubbish :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blackjacks or fruit salads?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Blackjacks or fruit salads?

Blackjack. Rules are easy.

I never get into the prize game on the fruit salads.
  • Options
    http://www.madeinlimburg.be/nieuws/lifetime-achievement-award-is-voor-roland-duchatelet/

This is the link. Need to translate. Interesting they say he is now worth 1.6 billion euros.
  • Options
    I've not seen a worse Charlton set up in my lifetime

Congrats Roland
  • Options
    edited December 2017

http://www.madeinlimburg.be/nieuws/lifetime-achievement-award-is-voor-roland-duchatelet/

This is the link. Need to translate. Interesting they say he is now worth 1.6 billion euros.

Shame it hasn't brought him any happiness instead only grief with his football experiment in England :naughty:
  • Options
    TRANSLATION

LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD IS FOR ROLAND DUCHÂTELET
    DOMINIEK CLAESDECEMBER 11, 2017
    In line with Jean-Baptiste Claes (JBC), this year we also issue a Lifetime Achievement Award to an entrepreneur who has been of great importance to Limburg with his business career. And the winner is ... Roland Duchâtelet!

Roland Duchâtelet (71) lives alternately in Sint-Truiden, close to 'his' Stayen, and Antwerp. "But I feel" more Limburger than Antwerp, "he says immediately. "I sometimes call myself an adoption citizen." I like to live here in Sint-Truiden. It is a great city, where there is much to experience. And yet you're here on the outside in a few minutes. "Ludwig Verduyn's specialized website, 'The Richest Belgians', has ranked him among the ten richest Belgians, with an estimated capacity of € 1.6 billion, says Duchâtelet. unimportant. "Are Ludwig Verduyn's figures correct? I do not know. I'm not working on that. "

Roland Duchâtelet was born in 1946 in Antwerp. His father was a gendarmerie officer in Liège, but had to move to Antwerp for his career. "I only lived in Antwerp for two years", says Duchâtelet almost apologetically. "My parents then moved to Mechelen." He graduated as an engineer at KU Leuven and subsequently worked for various factories. "At the time, I was already very concerned with entrepreneurship, although it was rather internal", he remembers. "At a certain moment I was working in a German company, together with Rudi De Winter and Françoise Chombar. With the three of us, we later established an engineering firm. Actually that was the predecessor of Melexis. "

Françoise Chombar and Rudi De Winter are also the permanent business partners of Roland Duchâtelet in other companies. Together they work directly and indirectly on some 7,000 people. This empire manages the Truiense businessman through his holding company Elex. For example, he controls 90 percent of the international group Fremach, producer of plastic parts with headquarters in Diepenbeek and 1,350 employees worldwide.
    Another important pivot company is Xtrion, half owned by Elex and the other half by the duo Chombar-De Winter. Xtrion is the dome above the well-known company groups Melexis with 1,600 employees worldwide, and X-Fab. X-Fab has its address in Tessenderlo, but the actual chip factories, now six in total, are located in Germany, France, Malaysia and the USA. The group of companies employs some 3,800 people, including the 965 people of the French Altis, which Duchâtelet & Co took over at the end of 2016.

Duchâtelet is also co-shareholder of the Truiense call center Callexcell of Karin Van De Velde. That already counts 570 employees, and is looking for another 120 people.
    Roland's partner, Marieke Höfte, also owns the Stayen stadium and the buildings around it. Around 1,000 people already work in all shops and activities around the stadium. "And that without a cent subsidy," said Duchâtelet.

As a hobby he still has three football clubs with the German Carl Zeiss Jena, the Spanish AD Alcorcón, the British Charlton Athletic. The Hungarian Újpest is now in the hands of his son Roderick. And as is known, he sold STVV for the second time, this time at the Japanese DMM.com.

(You can read the entire interview in Het Belang van Limburg on Tuesday)
  • Options
    cafcwill said:

Anyway,

WIOTOS

I think @Henry Irving should get this tattooed to his arse once it appears on the site

Fixed
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!