Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Valley11 said:

When’s the takeover happening....? Anyone know? ;-)

February 30th
    Fact

If I buy a house for £18k, spend another £37k doing it up (so £55k in total) and then sell it for £20k have I made A. a £2k profit or B. a £35k loss.

If you say A then I have some magic beans I'd like to sell you.

Except that is not what is happening.

He bought the house for 18. Spent 37 on improvements but put it on credit card. He owns the credit card company and pays interest to himself. When he sells for 20, he turns the debt and credit card company over to the new owners and pockets the 2 difference between 18 and 20.

Why would anyone agree to take 37k of debt off of his hands? Aren't they then effectively paying 57k for the club?
    I think you mean mil not k
    Getting confused between houses in Rotherham and football clubs now, sorry.
    And just to complicate matters further: on a day-to-day basis Roland operates in Euros. The GBPs used to acquire the club and do early work on infrastructure would have cost him much more then than they are worth now. Making it even less likely he can squeeze out a profit. Although on the basis of how that fruitcake operates he may well have used The Economist's Big Mac Index to calculate purchasing power parity.
  • Options
    Don't feel that troll, this thread has become dire. Squabbling over what shade of brown shit it.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

milo said:

I’ll be honest I’m still confused !
    £5,500 spent £2000 recouped

What am I missing here

To be fair to you I didn’t say he paid the £200 back in to his savings account.

Because I like you and you’re named after the greatest footballer that ever lived I’m going to put it in a way I know you’ll understand.

5,500 away supporters buy tickets for the fifth round of the FACup. Unfortunately, 1800 are on the football special that breaks down just after leaving St Pancreas, a further 200 are ejected from the match for breaking their football banning orders – shit I can’t work it out either.
    But I gave you an out with the Piggy Bank opening cash balance, you just can't help some people :wink:

and I should have taken it - I am now not sure whether the 17 LOLs I got were for my story or are laughing at my poor maths. I'm certainly no Alan Turing.

• Options
    PopIcon said:

Don't feel that troll, this thread has become dire. Squabbling over what shade of brown shit it.

Depends on how many veggies you eat.
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

I'm just saying that if the £18m debt remains and is passed on to the new owners, he would only need an offer of circa £35m to break even so anything higher would be a profit. Not that he will get that of course.

And you had the front to try and belittle me for studying economics.

Perhaps GCSE maths is what you need.
    I'm not debating with u for fear you get all emotional again - if anyone can tell me what is incorrect about my opening statement on the maths of this deal, I'd b amazed - similar to my opening statement on this thread.
    Wow, what a cunt.
    HEY EVERYONE LETS MAKE THIS ALL ABOUT ME FOR A MOMENT
    Fixed that for you, my man.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Talking about that I wonder why dog poo is no longer white? I mean what were they fed in the 80s/90s (and probably before that turned their fecal matter white?)
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

By the 7th January.

I was in Brasil when they took us over, so would be spooky if they sold whilst I'm back out there.

Your quest to find a Brazilian ladyboy must have you a few bob
    Yeah, he should have stuck to brown nosing in Charlton.
  • Options
    Head hurts
  • Options
    cfgs said:

PopIcon said:

Talking about that I wonder why dog poo is no longer white? I mean what were they fed in the 80s/90s (and probably before that turned their fecal matter white?)
    Too much calcium from all the mashed up bone in the food. But meanwhile Feel The Troll sounds like a Shrek parody on Xhamster.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

cfgs said:

PopIcon said:

Too much calcium from all the mashed up bone in the food. But meanwhile Feel The Troll sounds like a Shrek parody on Xhamster.
    Thanks always intrigued me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

I'm just saying that if the £18m debt remains and is passed on to the new owners, he would only need an offer of circa £35m to break even so anything higher would be a profit. Not that he will get that of course.

I'm not debating with u for fear you get all emotional again - if anyone can tell me what is incorrect about my opening statement on the maths of this deal, I'd b amazed - similar to my opening statement on this thread.
    Wow, what a cunt.
    Kent Addick
    Do your parents read Charlton Life ? :smile:
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Wow, what a cunt.
    Kent Addick
    Do your parents read Charlton Life ?
    Yeah they read everything I ever post, anywhere. Don’t yours?
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Wow, what a cunt.
    Kent Addick
    Do your parents read Charlton Life ?
    Yeah they read everything I ever post, anywhere. Don’t yours?
    Don't tel me DOUCHER is your Dad :wink:
  • Options
    I feel like making something up to get this thread back.
    I notice that half season tickets are operative from Saturday week.
    Another 'deadline' to get hopes up over.
  • Options

I’ll be honest I’m still confused !
    £5,500 spent £2000 recouped

What am I missing here

Based on that wad of notes you had in Belgium I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Options
    Has the sale been delayed?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Anyone ever stop to think that as part of their due diligence prospective owners scan the forums, read our takeover threads and think "Sod this for a game of soldiers, we're not getting involved with this lunatic fanbase!!!" and that is the real reason why no one decent buys us and we end up with peculiar fetishists like RD?

Nope
    I think that might have been a little bit tongue in cheek from Rodders, well I hope it was :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Anyone ever stop to think that as part of their due diligence prospective owners scan the forums, read our takeover threads and think "Sod this for a game of soldiers, we're not getting involved with this lunatic fanbase!!!" and that is the real reason why no one decent buys us and we end up with peculiar fetishists like RD?

I think it would be a positive if anything; here is clearly a group of fans that will do anything to help their club move in the right direction, a goldmine of untapped talent and passion to help any new prospective buyer in any aspect of running the club.
    And experts in the fields of string cheese, house buying, poetry, bins and of course trains.
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Nothing emotional here mate. You turned it personal and you lost. Shows you up as a human being.

Both of your 'opening statements' (and subsequent revisions) have been shown up numerous times by different people on this thread but as usual you have your head up your backside.
    so not stuck in the sand anymore?

• Options
    RedChaser said:

J BLOCK said:

Nope
    I think that might have been a little bit tongue in cheek from Rodders, well I hope it was :wink:
    Indeed it was. (Like 99% of the tripe I post)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!