Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    micks1950 said:

I would imagine any interested parties have a realistic value of what the Club is worth , £10M max and RD thinks £50M + so don't hold your breath

Like most people I have no 'inside' knowledge, but it seems we can be reasonably confident that Due Diligence is or has taken place by at least one potential buyer.

Surely - a bit like buying a house and going ahead with surveys and legal searches - Due Diligence would not be done unless there was at least a provisional offer put forward by the 'buyer' that was broadly acceptable to the 'seller' and the 'seller' was reasonably satisfied that the 'buyer' had access to the necessary funds?

So if things have now 'stalled' it surely won't be over the overall (broad) 'price' or 'value' (as that should have been provisionally agreed before Due Diligence was undertaken) and is therefore more likely to be about the 'structuring' of payment(s) (i.e. deferring part until certain promotion goals are achieved) - I would have thought?
    Interesting that you should compare to a house because often when a mortgage valuation comes back there is something that affects the value and the negotiating starts all over again.
  • Options

micks1950 said:

I would imagine any interested parties have a realistic value of what the Club is worth , £10M max and RD thinks £50M + so don't hold your breath

Like most people I have no 'inside' knowledge, but it seems we can be reasonably confident that Due Diligence is or has taken place by at least one potential buyer.

Surely - a bit like buying a house and going ahead with surveys and legal searches - Due Diligence would not be done unless there was at least a provisional offer put forward by the 'buyer' that was broadly acceptable to the 'seller' and the 'seller' was reasonably satisfied that the 'buyer' had access to the necessary funds?

So if things have now 'stalled' it surely won't be over the overall (broad) 'price' or 'value' (as that should have been provisionally agreed before Due Diligence was undertaken) and is therefore more likely to be about the 'structuring' of payment(s) (i.e. deferring part until certain promotion goals are achieved) - I would have thought?
    Interesting that you should compare to a house because often when a mortgage valuation comes back there is something that affects the value and the negotiating starts all over again.
    Partly true - but the mortgage valuation is seldom significantly different from the 'asking' and accepted 'offer' price(s), and so any new negotiating is within a fairly narrow range and not of the sort of range you suggested:

"I would imagine any interested parties have a realistic value of what the Club is worth , £10M max and RD thinks £50M".....
  • Options

I’ve heard it’s off.

Airman ?

If you've heard it's off why are you asking Airman?

Don't you trust your source?

If not, why give it credence and publicity?

WIOTOS

I'm not sure the source trusts the source. Just posting what ive heard this morning. I'm sure Airman has a better track.

• Options
    Hex said:

micks1950 said:

Mick, full Due Diligence (not DD only on published accounts as suggested on another forum) HAS taken place.
    Source? @hex
  • Options
    201 pages... 100 pages more than there were dalmatians and he's still fecking here! S**t C**t
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017

Official website 'down for maintenance.' Surely not ?!

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5F5 F5 F5 F5 F5F5 F5 F5 F5 F5F5 F5 F5 F5 F5F5 F5 F5 F5 F5F5 F5 F5 F5 F5
  • Options

I read in an article today that in the 15th century it was common practice to rub the ashes of a dead owl into the eyes of a lunatic to cure madness.

Seeing as I now live in the country and there are an abundance of owls here, does anyone fancy having a go at this with Roland? Let me know if you do and I'll pop one in the oven.

Cracking idea.

Would certainly turn a few heads if you did try it.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Senpai said:

Official website 'down for maintenance.' Surely not ?!

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5F5 F5 F5 F5 F5F5 F5 F5 F5 F5F5 F5 F5 F5 F5F5 F5 F5 F5 F5F5 F5 F5 F5 F5
    I was just about to post the 'It's happening' Gif but was stopped in my tracks by the Transfer rumours thread where we are interested in a Network player so it appears the carousel keeps on turning at the circus :angry:
  • Options
    As My Computer Keyboard does not have F5 what other key can I use
  • Options
    Correction, it does have F5 as it is a Mac I did not see it on the top line.
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

Correction, it does have F5 as it is a Mac I did not see it on the top line.

Alternatively Derek you could always click on the refresh icon :wink:
  • Options
    So is it off or not? None of the usual faces have commented.
  • Options
    It’s not down and we’re not getting taken over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nothing is happening until the senile old scrote accepts a reasonable price.

Don't hold your breath
  • Options

Bronwyn what works at the Chippie says its off, but i think she might mean the fryer

Tuck?
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

It’s my birthday tomorrow and seeing as I’ll be forty five I’ve not really had any exciting presents for a long time, socks, pants and electric screwdrivers just haven’t got my pulse racing. So Roly, tomorrow mate, you know what you have to do.

Slightly ironic that your post is directly under an add for DREMEL.

Happy birthday for tomorrow, but I wouldn't get your hopes up!
    We don't want bad news do we...........
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Has anybody contacted Roland Duchelet directly and asked him at what stage are the negotiations to sell the club? We don’t need to know the figures but if he could say whether it’s likely to happen imminently (try and get him to define imminently) and the name of the prospective buyer that would be cushty - don’t forget to say please.

And do wish him and his family a Merry Christmas and have a wonderful new year.

Bloody good idea that.
  • Options
    Wow, there are so many people who claim to be in the known are totally contradicting each other whether it's on this forum, Into the Valley or elsewhere....it's getting ridiculous.

I'm tired of rumors floating around and feeling a sense of false hope then nothing materializes so the only source I'm going to believe from now on is from the club or any other top sports sites or TV channels like Sky Sports News.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    DiscoCAFC said:

Wow, there are so many people who claim to be in the known are totally contradicting each other whether it's on this forum, Into the Valley or elsewhere....it's getting ridiculous.

I'm tired of rumors floating around and feeling a sense of false hope then nothing materializes so the only source I'm going to believe from now on is from the club or any other top sports sites or TV channels like Sky Sports News.

Twas ever thus Disco and to quote HI's mantra;

WIOTOS (When It's On The Official Site) :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

DiscoCAFC said:

Twas ever thus Disco and to quote HI's mantra;

WIOTOS (When It's On The Official Site) :wink:
    Hahaha too right!
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Hear that RD knocked back a bid for the club two weeks ago. Hoping they go back with another.

Damn.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!