Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• all the time this drags on.. Bowyer and players contracts remain unresolved.
    May well be too late for Bowyer but don't despair, The Aussies have the most successful manager in The Australian football league lined up ?

Kevin Muscat.
    Realise that was a joke......but to add a bit of levity to the situation, the Aussies were at Wembley and saw for themselves Bowyers achievement, there’s no way they’ll be looking elsewhere.
  • I believe we are now approaching the end game. I fully expect the sale of CAFC to go through by the end of this month. 
    The end is near I can feel it.

With this publicly being out there, this will force RD's hand a little.

We need this sorted and I honestly think we are very close.
    I hope you’re both right but we’ve been told it’s close so many times.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Roland doesn’t sell for a couple more years.
  • edited June 2019
    Where Jim White when you need him??? :D
    May well be too late for Bowyer but don't despair, The Aussies have the most successful manager in The Australian football league lined up ?

Kevin Muscat.
    Realise that was a joke......but to add a bit of levity to the situation, the Aussies were at Wembley and saw for themselves Bowyers achievement, there’s no way they’ll be looking elsewhere.
    The problem is that Bowyer might.
  • JamesSeed said:
    But don’t think it ends there folks. Please bear in mind that what goes on behind the scenes can be more complex than it seems from the outside. Also bear in mind how little face time there has been between Roland and Gerard. Despite that, much of the info Gerard receives comes from Roland, Murray or Lieven, so I’d ask for understanding if things can look a little odd at times. 
    We are being patient. Look how patient we are being.
    That bloody @LouisMend isn’t being patient...
  • Fumbluff said:
    JamesSeed said:
    But don’t think it ends there folks. Please bear in mind that what goes on behind the scenes can be more complex than it seems from the outside. Also bear in mind how little face time there has been between Roland and Gerard. Despite that, much of the info Gerard receives comes from Roland, Murray or Lieven, so I’d ask for understanding if things can look a little odd at times. 
    We are being patient. Look how patient we are being.
    That bloody @LouisMend isn’t being patient...
    Link?
  • Where Jim White when you need him??? :D
    Christ I don't want him anywhere near this. Every time he pipes up about any takeover (not just Cafc's) it instantly goes cold.

He'll only report on it during a slow news week
  • JamesSeed said:
    @Covered End

Fair enough. I’ve had a couple of conversations in recent days. Limited for the usual reasons. Also received more info from the other source.
    Hopefully we’re getting closer to a resolution. 
    AFKA I asked yesterday if he was "speaking" to GM. Reply above.
  • Sponsored links:

Kevin Muscat.
    The fact they were at Wembley and saw the great subs made by Bowyer and the passion of the Charlton fans makes me hope they can finally get the deal done and overcome the loan issues.
    A vital few days awaits but hope someone has got the message through to Bowyer.
    When the Sunderland home game took place after Jim White's 48 hours from done deal, Lyle Taylor said he didn't believe  it as the players hadn't heard a whisper.
    I just hope someone is keeping Lee Bowyer in the loop.

Ps. Kevin Muscat is a Cunx.
  • Don’t forget that there is more than one party at the table talking!
  • Have they got the funds for longer then ten years?.
  •  
    There was, at least, hope until he sold Stephens and Kermogant and then sacked Chris Powell. Disn't take him long. All been downhill since. 
    Then got rid of Riga for no reason.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Are you now their spokesman @JamesSeed ?

a few days ago you said Murphy won’t tell you anything but you were getting info from someone you don’t know who has contacted you on twitter.

must admit I’m struggling to keep up
    Me too mate. Especially on the Park Run 😉
  • So the Aussies attempted to offer less than value of the loans - didn’t Duchatelet try that already ? Totally understand why they would not want to unsecure the loans.
  • Don’t agree with people thinking this is the beginning of the end. The fact the Aussies have spoken to Airman will not go down at all well with Roland and I can see it only making things harder to complete.
  • 1682, work begins on The Royal Hospital Chelsea.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Given that your privy to info, do you see a happy end and change of ownership before the start of next season as this is depressing
  • J BLOCK said:
    Don’t agree with people thinking this is the beginning of the end. The fact the Aussies have spoken to Airman will not go down at all well with Roland and I can see it only making things harder to complete.
    Airman talked with Colin? Not the Aussies.
  • edited June 2019
    J BLOCK said:
    Don’t agree with people thinking this is the beginning of the end. The fact the Aussies have spoken to Airman will not go down at all well with Roland and I can see it only making things harder to complete.
    Not too sure about that mate, both parties have broken cover haven't they to try and get some of the ex directors to budge.
  • 1681, The last dodo is killed.
    The most shocking post on this thread, has really upset me.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Airman talked with Colin? Not the Aussies.
    The Aussies have spoken and it’s out in the public domain 
  • @JamesSeed. You're far more involved in this than you let on.
    Don't think I would be sloshing out as much info as you claim to have been getting to some chap I met at my daughter's school.
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

a few days ago you said Murphy won’t tell you anything but you were getting info from someone you don’t know who has contacted you on twitter.

James why the dig at the ex directors a few days ago 
  • i honestly think that roland has no intention of selling the club,he is enjoying every minute of our misery and frustration,he has achieved everything in life that money can buy,he wants for nothing,he is a bored old man who probably has no other way to motivate his rather sad existence.
  • clb74 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

James why the dig at the ex directors a few days ago 
    I forgot the inverted commas 
  • Carly Burn that's my feeling as well either by design or not
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!