Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    1618, Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded at The Palace of Westminster.
  • Options
    Outbreak of 30 Years War. One of the most catastrophic and destructive wars in history. 
  • Options

RD is a man of 72 in apparently robust health who has €1.5 billion to his name. I really don't think he needs my sympathy, genuine or otherwise.

The club is getting reasonable offers of £35M and is losing £12M per year. It appears RD wants £65M. Roland is worth £1.4B pounds (1.5M Euros).
    This is numerically like someone worth £50,000 wanting $2320 for a used car that experts say is worth only $1250, but he continues to hold out for his $2320, all the while losing £430 per year in depreciation while he waits for a sale he will never get.
    On top of this, he claims five people want to buy the car, have "agreed on the price" and yet after a year, none of those people return his calls. Despite this reality staring him at his face, he keeps saying to anyone who will listen...."the first one to bring me the $2320, wins! Any day now!"
    Can we please stick to house buying analogies. 

And one currency within the same post!
  • Options
    So LDTs meeting with the EFL will have already taken place or be today given that Lieven only works three days a week.

I'm sure that there will be a full report on the OS.
    Have The EFL completed due diligence for ‘their’ impending purchase?
  • Options
    If I was expecting to buy Charlton by the 30th of June I would be looking to bring it forward and get Bowyer tied up a.s.a.p. Everything could fall to pieces by then! There is a real reluctance for anybody in a position to disclose the price to do so. why? Well if you want to sell something, it is often good to put the price out there. This tells us they know the asking price is something to be defensive about. I can't see any way that we are any closer to being sold now than at any over time. Sadly! 
    Exactly, we've been here before 11 months ago.

I personally think RD will still be here next season for the simple reason that we know he won't lower his price, and i don't think there's any party out there stupid enough to pay it.

Sadly, I think you may be right. That's been my fear for weeks now. The future (whatever the results of the play-offs) look bleak. Sorry to piss vinegar on peoples' frites.
  • Options
    addick05 said:
    If I was expecting to buy Charlton by the 30th of June I would be looking to bring it forward and get Bowyer tied up a.s.a.p. Everything could fall to pieces by then! There is a real reluctance for anybody in a position to disclose the price to do so. why? Well if you want to sell something, it is often good to put the price out there. This tells us they know the asking price is something to be defensive about. I can't see any way that we are any closer to being sold now than at any over time. Sadly! 
    Exactly, we've been here before 11 months ago.

I personally think RD will still be here next season for the simple reason that we know he won't lower his price, and i don't think there's any party out there stupid enough to pay it.

Sadly, I think you may be right. That's been my fear for weeks now. The future (whatever the results of the play-offs) look bleak. Sorry to piss vinegar on peoples' frites.
    Yes I think he will be & I won't be at all surprised if LB isn't. 
  • Options
    We all know that eventually he will have to lower his asking price, but when that will happen, who knows? Think we’re peaking under bowyer now, unfortunately can I only see things getting very messy from here on in .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We all know that eventually he will have to lower his asking price, but when that will happen, who knows? Think we’re peaking under bowyer now, unfortunately can I only see things getting very messy from here on in .
    Only after Bowyer and non contract players have left
  • Options
    Bolton takeover off.
  • Options
    So LDTs meeting with the EFL will have already taken place or be today given that Lieven only works three days a week.

I'm sure that there will be a full report on the OS.
    Have The EFL completed due diligence for ‘their’ impending purchase?
    Yes but they failed the fit and proper test.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Why is this process so bleeding tortuous?
  • Options
    Pro-cess. Dealing with shite and piss in a professional manner. 
  • Options
    It’s happening!
  • Options
    Bolton takeover off.
    and the fat lady is in the final scales of her tune up

EFL in all its crooked bungling will probably save one team from relegation from each of leagues 1 & 2 to keep the numbers up if a phoney baloney "rescue" for the Trotters can't be cooked up in time for the new season's commencement.  With the abandonment of the Brentford fixture even EFL seem to be belatedly entertaining the notion that yet another terribly badly run club is beyond redemption.
    fit for purpose my baggy old arse
  • Options
    Thus far there has not been one jot of evidence that the toxic old crackpot will entertain reducing his preposterous price.  2 parties to our certain knowledge have engaged genuine interest in acquiring CAFC.  One of those publicly declared the price to be too high.  Another party seemed to be engaged in the process for many months at significant cost to themselves, the only really credible explanation for their departure has to be financial.  Individuals supposedly connected to at least 2 further interested parties have been shown around club premises to no tangible outcome.  However many other parties roly and his toady have imagined/invented  - nobody has ponied up the necessary in more than 2 years of "availability".
    Based on his past record he is more likely to raise the price than lower it.  If Lee Bowyer and his grafters achieve promotion, roly will be peddling a place in the championship held by a managerless squad of about 11, 4 of whom have no league starts at all.  And that's before he cashes in on Lyle Taylor and flogs him to any other club at all.
  • Options
    You're assuming Lyle agrees terms with xyz other clubs... *Crosses fingers and prays.
  • Options
    Anyone hear anything yesterday 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I heard the Aussies haven't been in contact for a couple of months despite what De Twonk says.
  • Options
    Price isn't the issue, the fact is no one wants to spunk £300 million on our football club.  I would imagine RD is pretty open to "creative ways" for his price to be paid. 

If he had given us away the day he admitted he wanted to sell, we could be in an even worse place today.

The take over will happen when a billionaire turns up with the money to take us back to the prem or RD gets so fed up he flogs us to the first con man, spiv, bankrup or idiot that offers to take it off his hands. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Price isn't the issue, the fact is no one wants to spunk £300 million on our football club.  I would imagine RD is pretty open to "creative ways" for his price to be paid. 

If he had given us away the day he admitted he wanted to sell, we could be in an even worse place today.

The take over will happen when a billionaire turns up with the money to take us back to the prem or RD gets so fed up he flogs us to the first con man, spiv, bankrup or idiot that offers to take it off his hands. 
    Well, you’re a cheerful chappie.......Christ alive.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I wonder if there's a thread called the sale of Newcastle on Geordie life ?
    May have more pages than this Big boy ?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    If we go up, no way is Roland selling at the prices agreed with parties a year-plus ago. Anyone who thinks he won't wiggle out and aim for a higher price is living in dreamland. I doubt very much the so-called multiple agreements require him to sell just because the buying party gets finally league approval after many months, that is why there are supposedly multiple buyers. The price of going up is that we might be stuck with Roland another year. Not to mention that the extra money in The Championship would cut his million-per month losses by some amount, allowing him to hang on a little longer. With Roland as owner, being a fan always comes at a price, even when good things happen.
  • Options
    If we go up, no way is Roland selling at the prices agreed with parties a year-plus ago. Anyone who thinks he won't wiggle out and aim for a higher price is living in dreamland. I doubt very much the so-called multiple agreements require him to sell just because the buying party gets finally league approval after many months, that is why there are supposedly multiple buyers. The price of going up is that we might be stuck with Roland another year. Not to mention that the extra money in The Championship would cut his million-per month losses by some amount, allowing him to hang on a little longer. With Roland as owner, being a fan always comes at a price, even when good things happen.
    But he would have to make sure we have a team capable of surviving in The Championship for buyers to be interested at anything like that increased valuation he will (almost certainly knowing him), still be looking for.
    No one would be interested in buying a club in a shambles (both on and off the pitch), that has a strong possibility of being relegated.
    Either he puts in the investment himself (not likely I’d say), or sells within a time frame, at a reasonable price, for any buyer to do so.
    However, in Goldfingers world, would that simple logic apply?
  • Options
    I thought I’d bump this thread up again just to dampen the mood a little.😀
  • Options
    Almost 49,000 posts. 

I remember a long time ago comparing the number of posts on this thread to the size of The Valley wondering if he'd sell before we got to 27,111 and how much of The Valley you could fill if each post represented a seat.

Now we're only a few short of filling the Stadium Of Light.
  • Options
    If we all had to pay a tenner to view it, AFKA would be able to buy the club soon!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!