Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    1616, the architect Inigo Jones designs The Queens House at Greenwich.
    Condemned as modern rubbish 
  • Options
    1616, the architect Inigo Jones designs The Queens House at Greenwichth

This forum will be around a long as the Queens House

• Options
    1616, the architect Inigo Jones designs The Queens House at Greenwich.

And has a road named after him in Charlton, it would be nice if some old Charlton players had streets named after them
  • Options

I must apologise if I have caused a certain amount of distraction on this thread. That was certainly not the intention. German Addicks follow very much the mainstream of supporters' views (please don't ask me to explain) and iirc were very helpful with the Unity March two years ago. If nothing else I hope this current attention will have brought them further well-deserved exposure. Now, let's please return to the main topic.
  • Options

I must apologise if I have caused a certain amount of distraction on this thread. That was certainly not the intention. German Addicks follow very much the mainstream of supporters' views (please don't ask me to explain) and iirc were very helpful with the Unity March two years ago. If nothing else I hope this current attention will have brought them further well-deserved exposure. Now, let's please return to the main topic.
    Going from Huns back to puns? 
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Racist 
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Racist 

• Options
    Chizz said:
    I have absolutely nothing against either the Swedish Addicks or German Addicks being represented but it's a bit bizarre especially in German Addicks case when they only have five members, albeit members who have attended thirteen more matches than I have this season. I'm sure there are Charlton supporting families on here, mine included, with more members but no direct representation. As I said I just find it a bit odd.
    Mate, you're going to be furious when you find out about the "Belgian Addicks".  
    New Shoeeeesuh!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

German Addicks' first match was in May 2003. There are 5 in the group and generally when they're here all of them attend. They have covered 13 matches this season, including Wycombe away recently. They will be here for Rochdale, and two of them will be at PoTY - come along and say hello. Play-off plans are also being made. One of the guys has a chalet in his garden and this serves as club house and museum. I hope to attend the 2019/2020 season's planning session which will take place on 22 June, two days after the fixtures are published. I was there for the 2017 edition - these guys are brilliant!!
    They are also the current holders of the supporters of the season award, don't forget that.
  • Options
    Oh no! Slipped to page 2 on the forum, where are you HappyValley? Where is the daily fact?
  • Options
    The sale of Charlton is a parody thread which will end in a sea of tears when we remember the players and fans who have left and never to return.  :'(
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Off_it said:
    Not sure if anyone has picked up on this from the official minutes;

Alan Dryland (German Addicks) said he feels sympathetic towards RD, he said the club are losing £10m a year and that still 10,000 turn up to hate him. He asked what the attraction is? He said no-one is winning from it”

Firstly, there’s a German Addicks? Really?

Secondly, why on earth do they have sympathy with RD? Or is that just a poor choice of wording in the minutes?

Thirdly, is there any prospect of them goose stepping into Belgium again anytime soon and handing out some slaps?

I do find this a bit bizarre. Like @Razil was there representing the Swedish Addicks. I will put myself forward to represent the French Addicks. Anyone else care to join in?

Anyone there for Plumstead Addicks?
  • Options
    Is there North London rep?
  • Options
    :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its an attempt from the owners to get fans to buy tickets for the Play-Offs
  • Options
    Its an attempt from the owners to get fans to buy tickets for the Play-Offs
    Not that the lie factory needs an excuse to lie. It's second nature.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Fakeover Announcement Translation Assistance:
    "the price has been agreed" = roly (or his toady) has told someone he wants many millions of pounds, probably between 60 and 70
    The number of "parties bidding to buy de cloob" = the number of people roly (or a toady) has agreed the price with (see above for definition of price agreement
    "the australian consortium was too complex" = the aussie consortium wasn't so simple as to pay 4 times over the odds for a mid table 3rd division football club with a rapidly evaporating income stream and hugely disenchanted fanbase
    "LDT is not frustrated at the failure to sell the club" = LDT loves earning a bundle doing the square root of naff all riding on trains between Belgium and London
    "RD bought the club in 10 days, so could the next person" = roly bought the club in 10 days cos he's an arrogant lunatic hell bent on making a quick buck from a non-existent property development plan, what he ended up with is what the potential buyers now discover through their competent enquiries is maybe worth a bag of footballs.
    "costs have been reduced this year" = we're not paying for anything, at all, not even what we're obliged to pay the staff; apart from roly's lunatic interest charge on his own moronic profligacy
    Its happening!
    Maybe it has already happened!  ;)
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Fakeover Announcement Translation Assistance:
    "the price has been agreed" = roly (or his toady) has told someone he wants many millions of pounds, probably between 60 and 70
    The number of "parties bidding to buy de cloob" = the number of people roly (or a toady) has agreed the price with (see above for definition of price agreement
    "the australian consortium was too complex" = the aussie consortium wasn't so simple as to pay 4 times over the odds for a mid table 3rd division football club with a rapidly evaporating income stream and hugely disenchanted fanbase
    "LDT is not frustrated at the failure to sell the club" = LDT loves earning a bundle doing the square root of naff all riding on trains between Belgium and London
    "RD bought the club in 10 days, so could the next person" = roly bought the club in 10 days cos he's an arrogant lunatic hell bent on making a quick buck from a non-existent property development plan, what he ended up with is what the potential buyers now discover through their competent enquiries is maybe worth a bag of footballs.
    "costs have been reduced this year" = we're not paying for anything, at all, not even what we're obliged to pay the staff; apart from roly's lunatic interest charge on his own moronic profligacy
    Its happening!
    Maybe it has already happened!  ;)
    Cor...!
  • Options
    Image result for funny cat gif
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!