Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2019
    On the recent accounts LDT tried to defend the losses as they were coming down.

He was challenged on this as the losses were still very high and was told by me that they were result of incompetence over the past five years/

LDT said that it was unfair to say that the staff were incompetent.  I replied that I wasn't speaking about the staff but about the leadership.

LDT the senior staff at the club aren't incompetent.  I clarified that he, Meire and Duchatelet had run the club very badly and were all incompetent.

The losses of the club were structural but due to the incompetence of this three.  LDT wasn't happy but didn't respond.

I pointed out that the last accounts showed turnover dropping to £7.3m from £7.6m  LDT said T/O was at £7.6m this year and would go higher with the play-offs.
    Why is LDT judged as incompetent. As far as I can see he is only doing Roland’s bidding as an employee. Wasn’t aware he was behind any strategic  decisions.  
    He is signing off decisions made by the management, such as it is, and imposing budget cuts in a business he doesn’t understand. He is literally not competent to do that job - sure he’s a pleasant bloke and all that, but in the end he’s just taking RD’s money like Meire before him, because he can. 
    Actually, there’s not that much left to understand!
  • Options
    @Airman Brown

Have you any corroboration or anything else to say on tonight’s information ?
    This - anything you can share Rick?
  • Options
    @Airman Brown

I wouldn’t put any weight on any of what he says.
  • Options
    ASked about the Bowyer situation @razil said that LB hadn't been backed at all and cited the lack of money to replace Grant.  The Maidstone apoligist said that Bowyer wants to sign a contract and it was pointed out by Steve Clarke from CAST that he hasn't signed a contract and a lot of players will be reluctant to sign when it is unclear who the manager is.

Asked why Bowyer had been given a contract he didn't understand and that wasn't "normal" LDT said they were trying to be "creative" and reward Bowyer for his work.   He was asked why this wasn't discussed with Bowyer before he was sent the contract (as Bowyer stated) and LDT said it had been. It was pointed out that this hadn't been what Bowyer said but LDT said it had.   Have now moved on and trying to agree a deal.
    Thanks HL  - did you throw a few 'fucks' at him ;-) 
  • Options
    Typical @Henry Irving /CL clique member, dodged the most important questions;
    Whose shit was the brownest?
    Whose was hardest to scrub from the walls?
  • Options
    n
  • Options
    Did you bang your fists on the table ? :wink:

PS, RD & KM are incompetent, but is LDT ?
    Considering it's not even his job and he is having to do what he's told.
    Sounds like he came pretty close. :)
  • Options
    Great stuff, Henners & thanks for the swift update. 

Wonder whether LDT rang his lord and master moaning " That's another fine mess you've got me into ! "

Can ANYONE see this ending well, and before the start of next season ? 

It's not you that's in a fine mess, LDT, it's OUR club. 

( BTW, Henry. Ignore any sarcastic remarks made earlier about your sartorial elegance...It's simply envy )

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plenty of incompetents:
    1) Duchâtelet 
    2) Meire
    3) Keohane
    4) Duchâtelet 
    5) Meire
    6) Driesen
    7) Fraeye
    8) Duchâtelet 
    9) Meire

Not sure that I’d have LDT in the top 20
    Neil, you have missed playing staff presumably because you don't want to crash the server?
  • Options
    Well that was great for another few pages just as this thread was going stale. Top work Mr. Irving.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Thanks Henry,  good stuff.  IMO the only chance we have is if we get promoted! 🤞
  • Options
    1607, a possible tsunami causes a massive flood wave in The Bristol Channel, killing 2000 people.
    So much for my subtle hint... 
  • Options
    Ultimatum said:
    I take it the next FF will be the 1st July when the club hasn’t sold on/by 30th June? 
    Next FF meeting 5 June.

Will the play-off trophy be there?
  • Options
    @Airman Brown

Is my word not good enough for some people?

: - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The only person who has agreed a price is Roland. 
    He has agreed a price with himself which he thinks is fair. 
    As for any potential buyers I do not believe a price has been agreed. 
    Had it been then a takeover would have happened by now.
    He wants to retain some sort of ownership of Sparrows Lane and/or The Valley.
  • Options
    On the recent accounts LDT tried to defend the losses as they were coming down.

He was challenged on this as the losses were still very high and was told by me that they were result of incompetence over the past five years/

LDT said that it was unfair to say that the staff were incompetent.  I replied that I wasn't speaking about the staff but about the leadership.

LDT the senior staff at the club aren't incompetent.  I clarified that he, Meire and Duchatelet had run the club very badly and were all incompetent.

The losses of the club were structural but due to the incompetence of this three.  LDT wasn't happy but didn't respond.

I pointed out that the last accounts showed turnover dropping to £7.3m from £7.6m  LDT said T/O was at £7.6m this year and would go higher with the play-offs.
    Why is LDT judged as incompetent. As far as I can see he is only doing Roland’s bidding as an employee. Wasn’t aware he was behind any strategic  decisions.  
    He is signing off decisions made by the management, such as it is, and imposing budget cuts in a business he doesn’t understand. He is literally not competent to do that job - sure he’s a pleasant bloke and all that, but in the end he’s just taking RD’s money like Meire before him, because he can. 
    Actually, there’s not that much left to understand!
    He is I think a paid employee working for an autocrat. Incompetent is a tad harsh as I am not aware he has personally instigated any great strategic or significant practices that are at odds with what we expect at our or any  football club.

Most of us need to work for a living and can’t always take a principled stance that we might wish to.  

RD remains the issue no one else. 
  • Options
    Thanks @Henry Irving 

• Options
    :-(
  • Options
    1609, an early version of Three Blind Mice is published in London.

Three incompetent rats, three incompetent rats,
    See how they run (the club), see how they run (the club),
    Katie ran off to Sheffield Wednesday,
    Lievy lies at fans forums on a Wednesday,
    Did you ever see Roly’s asking price?
    Three incompetent rats 🐀
  • Options
    What do we know?

1) We know there is genuine interest in buying the club
    2) Duchatelet wants far too much money for it

Not sure how anything can change unless the second thing we know changes significantly. Not sure how we can judge potential buyers or criticise them in any way because of their reluctance to pay a ridiculous price.
  • Options
    Was anything mentioned about the £30m bid from a 'former banker'?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!