Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• If the Aussies are trying to stump up the cash to meet that figure they want their heads read!
  • If he's jacked the price up, then among other things it must mean that the previous EFL ODT becomes invalid, and a new one would need to be submitted.

One for you on Jan 16, CARD, @Davo55
  • edited January 2019
    Something doesn't ring true. If I was very keen to buy the club from a mad man, I would go public on what I was willing to pay and what he is demanding. Of course all these suggestions of an imminent sale suggests the price is reasonable ish at least. If it isn't something stinks.
  • razil said:

He can simply deny anything we put to him unless we have evidence

He’s probably reading this in order to be prepared.
  • Macronate said:

Well, I'm a bit sceptical that other potential buyers are being turned away because of the Aussies.Exclusivity? For a year or more? It doesn't seem like rational business behaviour to me. But then again, this is Duchatelet we are dealing with here.

I think it far more likely that credible buyers take a look and then walk away once they have seen the price tag. Indeed I'm now able to reveal an example of that, involving a name that has been bandied around on here:
    Alisher Usmanov.
    As I've mentioned at various times, there is a Vienna based Addick who is a senior honcho in an investment bank there. In 2014, he came (too) late in the game with a bid involving the Arenacom guys and a Ukrainian oligarch. Apparently Usmanov is his client (for other business) so he took the opportunity to pitch the sale to him. Usmanov was interested enough to look over the sale documentation (knowing full well Charlton's League position). However after reading said documents he replied that he wasn't interested. Period.
    I also learnt that Steve spoke with Richard Murray in December. Murray told him that he thought a deal was near but he did not say to Steve that he should back off with other buyers because of this.

This reinforces my long held view that the issue is the unrealistic price that RD is holding out for, and the Aussies have so far been the only party willing to even try to reason with the deluded one. For people like Usmanov, it's not worth them wasting their breath.

The quoted price went up dramatically in December and De Turck knows that because he was the messenger.
    Are you able to say what the quoted price was?

Over £70m.
    And that figure went up dramatically?

To what for heavens sake?

We’re doomed.
    I think it means that the price went up to over £70m. I don’t think anyone knows for sure what the previous asking price was but the conjecture ranged from £30m to £45m. So he’s banged on another £30m at least. Madness. The prospective buyers must have really pissed him off somehow.
  • If he's jacked the price up, then among other things it must mean that the previous EFL ODT becomes invalid, and a new one would need to be submitted.

One for you on Jan 16, CARD, @Davo55

Noted.
  • razil said:

If he’s the honest guy that some believe him to be then he won’t be comfortable lying. And he might want to consider what evidence may emerge to expose him if he does.
    He's the mouthpiece for Roland Duchatelet.
    His ability to lie probably got him the job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good to see you posting @JamesSeed

Thanks. Olive branch extended....

• edited January 2019

Well, I'm a bit sceptical that other potential buyers are being turned away because of the Aussies.Exclusivity? For a year or more? It doesn't seem like rational business behaviour to me. But then again, this is Duchatelet we are dealing with here.

I think it far more likely that credible buyers take a look and then walk away once they have seen the price tag. Indeed I'm now able to reveal an example of that, involving a name that has been bandied around on here:
    Alisher Usmanov.
    As I've mentioned at various times, there is a Vienna based Addick who is a senior honcho in an investment bank there. In 2014, he came (too) late in the game with a bid involving the Arenacom guys and a Ukrainian oligarch. Apparently Usmanov is his client (for other business) so he took the opportunity to pitch the sale to him. Usmanov was interested enough to look over the sale documentation (knowing full well Charlton's League position). However after reading said documents he replied that he wasn't interested. Period.
    I also learnt that Steve spoke with Richard Murray in December. Murray told him that he thought a deal was near but he did not say to Steve that he should back off with other buyers because of this.

This reinforces my long held view that the issue is the unrealistic price that RD is holding out for, and the Aussies have so far been the only party willing to even try to reason with the deluded one. For people like Usmanov, it's not worth them wasting their breath.

The quoted price went up dramatically in December and De Turck knows that because he was the messenger.

Over £70m.
    Airman please clarify, what you are suggesting.
    The Aussies/Americans are discussing a £70M deal ?
    Alternatively, how much is their deal for and you are saying other recent enquirers have been quoted £70M to deter them ?
  • JamesSeed said:

Good to see you posting @JamesSeed

Thanks. Olive branch extended....

Welcome back Mr Seed.
  • razil said:

Exactly this ffs

I ain’t having That at all

70 mil prove it or retract it

Never been said before today when yet again the wheels are falling off of supposed take over imminent news

What does that do to this half serious debate

Does seem strange that Airman was saying a deal was close but at the same time he was presumably sitting on a notion that the price had been seriously jacked up to nonsense proportions back in early/mid December.

What gives?

• Well, I'm a bit sceptical that other potential buyers are being turned away because of the Aussies.Exclusivity? For a year or more? It doesn't seem like rational business behaviour to me. But then again, this is Duchatelet we are dealing with here.

Alisher Usmanov.

Over £70m.
    Alternatively, there deal is for how much and other recent enquirers have been quoted £70M to deter them ?
    That simply can't be possible. Personally, I think the club is probably worth about £10m being honest and that is a generous estimate. It is too big for a division that it is struggling to get out of. It is going to cost a lot of money to fix.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well, I'm a bit sceptical that other potential buyers are being turned away because of the Aussies.Exclusivity? For a year or more? It doesn't seem like rational business behaviour to me. But then again, this is Duchatelet we are dealing with here.

Alisher Usmanov.

Over £70m.
    Wow certainly hope not.
  • edited January 2019

Alisher Usmanov.

Over £70m.
    Alternatively, how much is their deal for and you are saying other recent enquirers have been quoted £70M to deter them ?
    De Turck quoted over £70m to a credible interested party, which abruptly ended their interest. I think this was in the context that they were already close to a deal with the current party, whether that turns out to be true or not.

Alisher Usmanov.

Over £70m.
    De Turck quoted over £70m to an interested party, which abruptly ended their interest.
    Will you share details of this with the Fans forum?

Alisher Usmanov.

Over £70m.
    De Turck quoted over £70m to an interested party, which abruptly ended their interest.
    So to confirm he quoted them a silly price just to get rid of them.
    However, the Aussie/Americans are more likely to be paying £30M or less ?

Alisher Usmanov.

Over £70m.
    De Turck quoted over £70m to a credible interested party, which abruptly ended their interest.
    Is that how businesses this size are sold then?

I thought they went up for a price and people came in to make offers. A bit like buying a......... bungalow.
  • This goes against what RD said to JW in his interview aired yesterday when JW asked him 'why dont you just sell?'
    However, his ability to backtrack is now becoming legendary.

However, in the times i've spoken to RD, i've found him to be a) straight forward and b) supposedly honest - maybe thats why he is a billionaire and i am potless.
  • edited January 2019
    Yes, but if you are given a stupid price it is clear that you don't need to waste your time with these idiots! It applies to transactions of any size.
  • edited January 2019

cfgs said:

RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

Lieven the Turkey got slaughtered and eaten over Christmas.
    JW will be standing in for him.

Oi thought you said Saturday deal was being done today
    I said I was meeting my dealer today.
    New Porsche, @blackpool72 ?
    It's a big red old Dennis with 100,000 on the clock, ladders , hoses the lot :wink:
    239, Rapier, Sabre? Or proper old?
    Lol.
    Let him answer that
    Proper old like me 😉
  • edited January 2019
    Sensitive Belgians :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!