Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited January 2019

I think the meet and greet at the training ground on a Sunday as championed by Airman may have been with 'POTENTIAL new owners'. Not 'THE new owners.'
    Chinese whispers play a f****** huge part in a lot that goes on here.

What happened is that the group was described to those who happened to be there when they went round. Whether the original language or the retelling of it is imprecise probably isn’t meaningful.

Good to see confirmation from JW of the American angle.
    Not meaningful?
    How can you say that?

This whole sorry charade has blown up again partly on the back of that statement. Quite how you can nonchalantly bat it into the long grass is pretty astounding tbh.
    No it hasn’t. We know that they were there and why they were there. That has been verified within the club. What was said and was never to be relied upon and I said as much when I reported it.

The Jim White stuff came out 24 hours later, isn’t from the same source at all, and is what has driven the frenzy.
  • @JamesSeed - welcome back.

You said in an earlier post that Gerard Murphy text you last night saying he’d text when a deal was done, or words to that effect. Was that a text out of the blue or in response to one from you? If out of the blue doesn’t that seem to suggest at least something is happening?
  • edited January 2019
    I sort of get all the animosity towards the 'Aussies', whoever and whichever they are. OK if they haven't got the money, fine, but what's to stop Roland and LDT talking to any and all of the other 'bidders', including the famed English bid et alia? Hopefully all will be revealed at the FF. As if :smile: . Meantime, looking forward to Shrewsbury.
  • edited January 2019

@JamesSeed - welcome back.

You said in an earlier post that Gerard Murphy text you last night saying he’d text when a deal was done, or words to that effect. Was that a text out of the blue or in response to one from you? If out of the blue doesn’t that seem to suggest at least something is happening?

Thanks!
    We've communicated about general Charlton football related things, and family stuff only. I don't bother asking about the takeover because I know he can't tell me anything.
    But last night I thought it sounded close, so I couldn't resist. Just asked if he'd let me know if the deal was completed. He said he would. We're planning to meet up once it's done. If it isn't I doubt if he'll be in the country.
  • Well, I'm a bit sceptical that other potential buyers are being turned away because of the Aussies.Exclusivity? For a year or more? It doesn't seem like rational business behaviour to me. But then again, this is Duchatelet we are dealing with here.

I think it far more likely that credible buyers take a look and then walk away once they have seen the price tag. Indeed I'm now able to reveal an example of that, involving a name that has been bandied around on here:
    Alisher Usmanov.
    As I've mentioned at various times, there is a Vienna based Addick who is a senior honcho in an investment bank there. In 2014, he came (too) late in the game with a bid involving the Arenacom guys and a Ukrainian oligarch. Apparently Usmanov is his client (for other business) so he took the opportunity to pitch the sale to him. Usmanov was interested enough to look over the sale documentation (knowing full well Charlton's League position). However after reading said documents he replied that he wasn't interested. Period.
    I also learnt that Steve spoke with Richard Murray in December. Murray told him that he thought a deal was near but he did not say to Steve that he should back off with other buyers because of this.

This reinforces my long held view that the issue is the unrealistic price that RD is holding out for, and the Aussies have so far been the only party willing to even try to reason with the deluded one. For people like Usmanov, it's not worth them wasting their breath.

The quoted price went up dramatically in December and De Turck knows that because he was the messenger.
  • RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

Lieven the Turkey got slaughtered and eaten over Christmas.
    JW will be standing in for him.

Oi thought you said Saturday deal was being done today
    I said I was meeting my dealer today.
    New Porsche, @blackpool72 ?
    It's a big red old Dennis with 100,000 on the clock, ladders , hoses the lot :wink:
    239, Rapier, Sabre? Or proper old?

• Well, I'm a bit sceptical that other potential buyers are being turned away because of the Aussies.Exclusivity? For a year or more? It doesn't seem like rational business behaviour to me. But then again, this is Duchatelet we are dealing with here.

I think it far more likely that credible buyers take a look and then walk away once they have seen the price tag. Indeed I'm now able to reveal an example of that, involving a name that has been bandied around on here:
    Alisher Usmanov.
    As I've mentioned at various times, there is a Vienna based Addick who is a senior honcho in an investment bank there. In 2014, he came (too) late in the game with a bid involving the Arenacom guys and a Ukrainian oligarch. Apparently Usmanov is his client (for other business) so he took the opportunity to pitch the sale to him. Usmanov was interested enough to look over the sale documentation (knowing full well Charlton's League position). However after reading said documents he replied that he wasn't interested. Period.
    I also learnt that Steve spoke with Richard Murray in December. Murray told him that he thought a deal was near but he did not say to Steve that he should back off with other buyers because of this.

This reinforces my long held view that the issue is the unrealistic price that RD is holding out for, and the Aussies have so far been the only party willing to even try to reason with the deluded one. For people like Usmanov, it's not worth them wasting their breath.

The quoted price went up dramatically in December and De Turck knows that because he was the messenger.
    Are you able to say what the quoted price was?

• Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

It's a big red old Dennis with 100,000 on the clock, ladders , hoses the lot :wink:
    Lol.
    Let him answer that
  • edited January 2019

Well, I'm a bit sceptical that other potential buyers are being turned away because of the Aussies.Exclusivity? For a year or more? It doesn't seem like rational business behaviour to me. But then again, this is Duchatelet we are dealing with here.

Alisher Usmanov.

Over £70m.
    Snip.
  • cfgs said:

RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

Lol.
    Let him answer that
    Loved when we first got a 239, the air start was so amazing.

Alisher Usmanov.

Over £70m.
    Snip.
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Made my evening, how crazy is Roland🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Alisher Usmanov.

Over £70m.
    Which sort of proves what I was saying all along. Roland doesn't want to sell the club, what he actually wants is his money back.

Nevermind that he is completely detached from reality if he ever expects it to happen.
  • I may be falling into the trap of ascribing logic to Roland but what on earth could reasonably be behind that increase in asking price?
  • Sponsored links:

Alisher Usmanov.

Over £70m.
    And that figure went up dramatically?

To what for heavens sake?

We’re doomed.
  • FFS its his EGO !!! thats it EGO no logic just ego --end of
  • Sure it wasnt 77m?
  • cfgs said:

cfgs said:

RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

Lol.
    Let him answer that
    Loved when we first got a 239, the air start was so amazing.
    A different world to when I joined in 84 that's for sure.
  • I hope they’re taking note
  • He can simply deny anything we put to him unless we have evidence
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!