Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Think Roland wants to sell to Aussies because they haven’t got enough money behind them.wants to throw us from cooking pot into fire.
  • I think a lot of the posts suggesting no price has been agreed, no bid on the table and not having the money are wide of the mark. FWIW I think something is going down and it’s reaching a conclusion. That’s not the same as reaching a positive conclusion because too much can go wrong at any point especially when dealing with someone like Duchatelet. I do think the two “buying” parties involved are getting their ducks in a row and it will either work out or not in the next week or so.
  • If the rumours of Americans potentially looking to purchase the Valley and training facilities are true then I assume they would have to pay off the existing Director loans in order to achieve this?

Can't see this being part of the deal to be honest.
  • I think a lot of the posts suggesting no price has been agreed, no bid on the table and not having the money are wide of the mark. FWIW I think something is going down and it’s reaching a conclusion. That’s not the same as reaching a positive conclusion because too much can go wrong at any point especially when dealing with someone like Duchatelet. I do think the two “buying” parties involved are getting their ducks in a row and it will either work out or not in the next week or so.

It will happen in the next two weeks, I seem to have heard that before somewhere :smiley:
  • ross1 said:

I think a lot of the posts suggesting no price has been agreed, no bid on the table and not having the money are wide of the mark. FWIW I think something is going down and it’s reaching a conclusion. That’s not the same as reaching a positive conclusion because too much can go wrong at any point especially when dealing with someone like Duchatelet. I do think the two “buying” parties involved are getting their ducks in a row and it will either work out or not in the next week or so.

It will happen in the next two weeks, I seem to have heard that before somewhere :smiley:
    Difference being I said it will be resolved. That can be either positive or negative

• Page 1905 looking good
  • edited January 2019

J BLOCK said:

I just don't get how this tallies with the 'being introduced as the new owners at the training ground' when they've not even submitted there offer.

As I said. Potential new owners.
    There's a huge difference.
    No. I'm referring to the posts people have made when they say they referred to them as the new owners, not potential.

The way it's gone it could easily drag on another year.
  • Think Roland wants to sell to Aussies because they haven’t got enough money behind them.wants to throw us from cooking pot onto the barbie.

Fixed.

:smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

I think a lot of the posts suggesting no price has been agreed, no bid on the table and not having the money are wide of the mark. FWIW I think something is going down and it’s reaching a conclusion. That’s not the same as reaching a positive conclusion because too much can go wrong at any point especially when dealing with someone like Duchatelet. I do think the two “buying” parties involved are getting their ducks in a row and it will either work out or not in the next week or so.

We know that the Aussies are serious because they’ve been chipping away at this for a long time. They obviously didn’t have the means to secure the club and have at this point arrived with partners or perhaps just finance from America. Now that may collapse if the Americans pull out and then indeed we might see a long time before any group gets as close as we currently are. I would guess that should the Americans pull the plug then the Aussies might call it a day but that’s just my view. They might well seek partners elsewhere.

Tomorrow LdT will have to answer some searching questions and we might all know a lot more by midnight tomorrow. I’m keen to know if @Airman Brown is correct that RD has been turning away interest. That to me seems very odd for someone keen to find a buyer.

I doubt we’ll hear very much now until tomorrow at the FF.
  • edited January 2019

I think the meet and greet at the training ground on a Sunday as championed by Airman may have been with 'POTENTIAL new owners'. Not 'THE new owners.'
    Chinese whispers play a f****** huge part in a lot that goes on here.

What happened is that the group was described to those who happened to be there when they went round. Whether the original language or the retelling of it is imprecise probably isn’t meaningful.

Good to see confirmation from JW of the American angle.
  • edited January 2019

Scoham said:

We know that the Aussies are serious because they’ve been chipping away at this for a long time. They obviously didn’t have the means to secure the club and have at this point arrived with partners or perhaps just finance from America. Now that may collapse if the Americans pull out and then indeed we might see a long time before any group gets as close as we currently are. I would guess that should the Americans pull the plug then the Aussies might call it a day but that’s just my view. They might well seek partners elsewhere.

Tomorrow LdT will have to answer some searching questions and we might all know a lot more by midnight tomorrow. I’m keen to know if @Airman Brown is correct that RD has been turning away interest. That to me seems very odd for someone keen to find a buyer.

Over to you, Lieven...
    The most logical reason why RD has stuck with The Aussies as his preferred choice (and possibly turned away others), must be the price.
    The Aussies must have offered the most money.

If someone offered me a few million pounds extra, I'm pretty sure I'd wait if I thought they could raise the funds.

The problem (not the only problem) has always been raising the funds that they have agreed to pay.
    Whether or not at any point, they did have (thought they did have) the funds.
  • Scoham said:

I cannot remember. Who here on CL is a participant in the FF with LdT?

• Don't believe this is going to happen and I think it's for the same reason it hasn't so far - the money Roland wants is way more than we as a club are worth.

Roland is stubborn and not prepared to take a hit on his pride even if it ends up costing him way more. I think his heirs will sell us, God knows where we will be by then but it won't be higher than we are now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Killerjerrylee.
  • Lieven the Turkey got slaughtered and eaten over Christmas.
    JW will be standing in for him.
  • Lieven the Turkey got slaughtered and eaten over Christmas.

Oi thought you said Saturday deal was being done today
  • clb74 said:

Lieven the Turkey got slaughtered and eaten over Christmas.

Oi thought you said Saturday deal was being done today
    I said I was meeting my dealer today.
  • And they've even got a fish in there!

Good old Kevin!
  • At the next fans forum people should give his minion a harder time, not necessarily aggressive or anything but make him not want to make up rubbish again in a few months.
  • edited January 2019

Scoham said:

Killerjerrylee.
    And @razil ?
  • Scoham said:

Over to you, Lieven...
    A deal will never get done until Roland gives up on these Aussies who have yet to put a deal together for over a year.
    His valuation is based on their negotiations, which I believe is irrelevant as they don’t have the funding.
    If they do have funding then ask Lieven tomorrow why the deal has never got done.
    I believe there are other real bidders waiting for a deal at the correct price, but have been put off by price Aussies supposedly agreed to pay.
    My question for Lieven would be why are you wasting your time with the Aussies who clearly don’t have the funding in place.

Said this all along.
    The sooner the Aussies f*** off the better
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!