Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

shirty5 said:

So we have a geezer on the tele walking down Floyd Road telling whoever who confronts him that Charlton are being sold next week.

F*** me!

And people are lapping it up making white sound more like an attention whore than a decent journo

People I trust that have long-standing associations with the club all to a man (either well prepped) or just down right sensible said approach with caution we have been here before . Nothing is done till it’s done and nothing is done right now
    To be fair the bloke was wearing a hat to make himself less obvious and all he was doing was engaging openly with people who spotted him and asked him questions. He knows it isn’t done yet.
    Not according to comments I have seen and read that have been attributed to him

Stating dates and hrs in some instances

Granted he had a hat on and was just walking to the game but he does love the attention and the lights on him
    Arguably the biggest name in sports TV but yep I’m sure he’s gone for a cold walk down floyd road for the attention, we have lots of reasons to be sceptical after the past few years but some of us seems desperate to put every single possible positive down.
    He's not the biggest name is sports TV.

It's Lizzie Greenwood-Hughes.
    I literally have no clue who that is. It is Jeff Stelling and Jim White, fact.
    Gary Lineker?
    Actually, yah... Id go with that
    Lizzie is a bigger name then Gary, fact.
    Christopher Martin-Jenkins is bigger than both, though he's dead now.
  • Options

would love all these rumours to be true..............but the one thing that bugs me is why is JW suddenly the knowledge guru ?? We all know he has interviewed RD a few times AND have each others mobile number -so does this now make him the "go to" man when a 3rd party wants to "break" the story. Nah.........I just don't buy it. He is a tupence ha'penny TV/Radio presenter - why trust him ?? I'm going by what someone said yesterday - its RD trying to put pressure on the Aussies to get it moving again by planting stories.

I really really hope that I'm wrong, but I'm not holding my breath for 48/72 hours or until/ Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday (delete any / all that have been mentioned).

No, he's a well known journalist with a long track record in print and TV journalism. Why choose him to leak the story? Maybe he just has the contact or is seen as high profile in the game.

There are no deadlines. JW says "could" or "should" but people then read that as "will" and then start to panic or write it all off when it hasn't happened immediatelly the non-existant "deadline" has passed.

WIOTOS
  • Options
    I reckon JD told JW to give out that statement because he had a bet that this thread would reach page 1420 before the end of the weekend :smiley:
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

shirty5 said:

So we have a geezer on the tele walking down Floyd Road telling whoever who confronts him that Charlton are being sold next week.

F*** me!

And people are lapping it up making white sound more like an attention whore than a decent journo

People I trust that have long-standing associations with the club all to a man (either well prepped) or just down right sensible said approach with caution we have been here before . Nothing is done till it’s done and nothing is done right now
    To be fair the bloke was wearing a hat to make himself less obvious and all he was doing was engaging openly with people who spotted him and asked him questions. He knows it isn’t done yet.

Granted he had a hat on and was just walking to the game but he does love the attention and the lights on him
    Arguably the biggest name in sports TV but yep I’m sure he’s gone for a cold walk down floyd road for the attention, we have lots of reasons to be sceptical after the past few years but some of us seems desperate to put every single possible positive down.

Gary Lineker?

CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

shirty5 said:

F*** me!

Gary Lineker?
    Agamemnon Papadopoulos- Gudmundsson a broadcaster on ERT1 is the biggest name on TV sports presenting.

(Gudmundsson from the Mother's side)
  • Options
    If it hasn’t happened by Tuesday i give up to be honest. It’s only gone and happened again. I’ve lost hope. This takeover will never happen
  • Options
    I think we are seeing the birth of CTS ( Charlton Takeover Syndrome) where people sit next to a computer screen pressing F5 continuously, whilst rocking back and forth as they hum VFR quietly. Possibly Jim White stylee.
    It’s a terrible thing... :unamused:
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

shirty5 said:

F*** me!

Gary Lineker?

CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

shirty5 said:

F*** me!

Gary Lineker?
    Agamemnon Papadopoulos- Gudmundsson a broadcaster on ERT1 is the biggest name on TV sports presenting.

(Gudmundsson from the Mother's side)
    Rubbish. If it were from his mother's side, it would be Gudmundsdottir.
  • Options

Anyone else read all the Jim White comments.. in the same broad accent as Jim White.. no just me then

I even read your post in a Jim White accent.

I’m fact, Breaking News just coming in here, sources close to AFKA Bartram tell me I’m saying and reading everything in a Jim White accent.

Will the transfer back to my normal voice get over the line in the next 18 hours before work tomorrow?

This really is extraordinary. I repeat again, Charlton Life’s AFKA Bartram is reading and saying everything in a Jim White accent.

Hold on to your hats, we will be on top of this story for the rest of the day and I can assure everyone that nowhere on the Internet will cover this sensational story and keep you up to date with the latest news quicker, than right here, on Charlton Life.
    You do not want to miss this
  • Options

If it hasn’t happened by Tuesday i give up to be honest. It’s only gone and happened again. I’ve lost hope. This takeover will never happen

But why?

Why set a deadline for something you have no control over?

What exactly are you giving up on?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    #TeamWIOTOS
  • Options
    So just a thought re some of the things I have read on here: Atlassian = Australian co founded by Mike Cannon-Brookes and Scott Farquar (both late 30's which has been suggested as the age for the potential buyer previously on this thread). Understand traded on NASDAQ hence the American connections? Have offices in London, in fact parent co regd in London. Delays in announcing if deal completed hence could be because co announcement has to be made on the exchange they are listed on?
    Just thoughts but would be nice if it was these guys. Growing company, London club near to Financial center. :) Certainly not short of a bob or two!
  • Options
    Centre
  • Options
    That says a piece not between them, also it is over a year old and if they had carried on with their rate of growth it could be easily 50% higher by now.
  • Options
    Red7Oak said:

So just a thought re some of the things I have read on here: Atlassian = Australian co founded by Mike Cannon-Brookes and Scott Farquar (both late 30's which has been suggested as the age for the potential buyer previously on this thread). Understand traded on NASDAQ hence the American connections? Have offices in London, in fact parent co regd in London. Delays in announcing if deal completed hence could be because co announcement has to be made on the exchange they are listed on?
    Just thoughts but would be nice if it was these guys. Growing company, London club near to Financial center. :) Certainly not short of a bob or two!

That link was invented on this very thread.
  • Options
    Charlton life
  • Options
    Not football men can't see them taking Charlton FC over .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Red7Oak said:

That link was invented on this very thread.
    Yep like most things on this thread! Was looking at more than one comment/ thread though. Appreciate probably they are all bull and I would certainly never claim to be itk myself. So as stated just thoughts!
    You know for a fact the link defo not true?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    bobmunro said:

F*** me!

No doubt he enjoys being a celebrity in football reporting terms, but everything is amplified through social media. In my experience of him he’s a genuine person and happy to chat to anyone.
    I think you have hit the nail on the head with your last post.
    He enjoys the job he’s paid to do and is happy to speculate and make broad believable statements that will create a good deal of interest for a short while.
    If he is right and we do get taken over next week he looks good and credible without putting a lot of flesh on the bones of his scoop. If the take over does not happen next his story will only be remembered by us Charlton supporters, and we will forget in time.

If we were a bigger club being taken over there would be none of this Chinese whispers and I know a secret crap. The names would be all over the media and Internet but in our latest take over rumour there is a Talksport presenter saying not much apart from what we all know, the club will be taken over. Of course it will be taken over at some point, the owner has stated he wants out. All that White has done is put the story out there and let the Internet put names to his story and some of them have been in jest, these being quoted for real now.

Of course I could be wrong but this thread started literally years ago and has 4.8m views, we still in the same place as the beginning.
    You’re saying both that there is a lack of information out there because we’re not a bigger club and that one national journalist who has taken a keen interest in the story is somehow to be discounted because some fans know some stuff too.

He has a source that no one else has, and that’s why he is putting the story out when the rest of the media is silent. His involvement is evidence of itself that something is happening.

It’s perfectly true that JW’s reputation doesn’t rest on getting this one right in a way that a local reporter’s would, but I’ve never met any journalist who enjoyed getting a story wrong, and the bigger the platform the less they like it.
    Journalist?

This is a bloke who used to get his knickers twisting twice a year on a national sports TV station.Who can forget Jim's mobile beeping throughout the broadcasts with implausible information.
    Let's get this right.Hes a fella whose made a living out of sensationalising non event information.
    He's no serious Journalist.
    We can all chose to believe White or not but he has had a long career in print and TV journalism
    I’ve had a long career in engineering but I’m the first to admit I’ve winged it for most of the time.
    Some people have long and successful careers based on the premise of knowing little but convincing others that they know a lot. Trust me, I was that man!
    So bullshit does baffle brains then, damn, that's where I went wrong :wink: .
  • Options

But why?

Giving up on the takeover happening soon. Jim White said 48-72 hours. Then nothing happened so he said Monday or Tuesday. Now he’s saying Tuesday or Wednesday. He keeps putting it back which just makes me think he doesn’t really know as much as he’s making out too. Happy to be proved wrong of course
  • Options

But why?

Giving up on the takeover happening soon. Jim White said 48-72 hours. Then nothing happened so he said Monday or Tuesday. Now he’s saying Tuesday or Wednesday. He keeps putting it back which just makes me think he doesn’t really know as much as he’s making out too. Happy to be proved wrong of course
    Where has that been said? I have a contact at one of the places JW works. Says that JW is a poor journo and wouldn't take anything he says as gospel.
  • Options
    So who is the broker then?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    it's not atlisan. that rumour was started by some on here. it's American backers as far as anyone with info has said. altisan is the new red bull !
  • Options

So who is the broker then?

Wasn't Keith Harris rumoured to be working on Roland's behalf as a broker?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!