Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

JamesSeed said:

Sadly we've got enough badly run clubs now to form a division of their own...

Yes, CAFC's been shafted but there's Blackpool, Orient, Coventry, Sunderland... (and not quite on the same scale: Forest, Birmingham, Leeds, Villa...

And I'm sure there are four or five obvious ones I've forgotten

Sunderland are fine now.
    Would say Leeds / Villa / Forest are too
    Quiz time: Free coaches to the game... who's the odd one out?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

There are 3 scenarios in my eyes - the Aussies only have the money to implement their plans if Rd reduces his price from that agreed. The 2nd mystery party will pay the price and have the funds going forwards but are waiting possibly for another sale to go through. The Aussies have been colluding with rd all along to stave off protests and bump up price.

I think the last conspiracy theory is a bit far fetched but haven't ruled it out completely but I think 1 and 2 are likely so I'm really starting to think our hopes depend on the mystery brits 'chain' being freed up

Which sale?
  • Options
    edited August 2018

It’s only about money that’s the only delay

Nothing to do with EFL addicted passed that info on weeks ago

It’s all down to money

I don’t believe they have the funds they agreed to pay that’s why they are delaying

It may be they have lowered the offer and RD is playing hard ball

Either way they either don’t have it or are unwilling to spend it

The other interested parties are miles away from getting close

Directors ain’t been paid off or even an agreement reached so it’s not about clear tittles

It’s just money money money money

Sorry to get on your case again, but as the Anti-Aussie- Influencer on here, you need to face some facts.

When Addickted "passed on that info" you chose to ignore it, even when we discussed it privately, because it blew a bloody great hole in your scenario. It meant that the EFL didn't agree with you that they don't have the funds. They submitted papers to show that they do, its part of the test.

You now at least have the grace to concede that as opposed to not having the money, it is equally likely that they simply don't want pay that ludicrous amount. I will leave it to you to ponder how very different those two scenarios are.

It’s all down to money

I don’t believe they have the funds they agreed to pay that’s why they are delaying

Directors ain’t been paid off or even an agreement reached so it’s not about clear tittles

Sorry to get on your case again, but as the Anti-Aussie- Influencer on here, you need to face some facts.

When Addickted "passed on that info" you chose to ignore it, even when we discussed it privately, because it blew a bloody great hole in your scenario. It meant that the EFL didn't agree with you that they don't have the funds. They submitted papers to show that they do, its part of the test.

You now at least have the grace to concede that as opposed to not having the money, it is equally likely that they simply don't want pay that ludicrous amount. I will leave it to you to ponder how very different those two scenarios are.

No it never I never used the EFL as proof of my point

And Like it or not PA the aussies ain’t showing the colour of their money and that’s because they haven’t got it or refuse to spend it

The biggest shame here that is passing you by is that the Saudi’s had the offer in at the amour RD wanted and the Aussies went and out bid them

I trust the man on here implicitly who told us what the Saudi bid was

The Aussies not following through and letting this one slip gets my goat proper

However the directors loans had not been sorted so it’s not a clear title issue

The offer they made has not been followed through

There is a gap in their funding on the original offer I stick to what I was told and that’s they never had it in the first place

RD is to blame
    The value may be too high but because 2 bid to his value who’s to say the stupid cnut isn’t within his right to feel he got it spot on

The whole thing is a charade and no one coming out on top whilst we die slowly

Fuck RD
    Fuck Murray
    Fuck the Aussie bid
    Fuck EFL
    Fuck the Saudi bid for not coming back in

There’s a long long way to go before this is resolved

• Options
    It ain't over till the yellow-toothed one drops his price.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

_MrDick said:

seth plum said:

Pretty clear any takeover is off.

Fans will abandon hope, and the club with it, or continue to fight as best they can.

This will probably end with the closure of the club altogether, or if we are very lucky indeed administration and some kind of rescue package.

The question from now on is do we die with a whimper, or if we are destined to die do we go with a bang?

Collectively and individually I hope fans are able to mark the closing down of the club as dramatically as possible.

Duchatelet will remain and oversee our death, no rescue of any kind in sight. Those who deliberately or innocently have a different narrative are being manipulated because of the triumph of time.

Not off, just on hold until Duchatelet lowers his asking price. At some point he’s going to have to cut his losses. What other alternatives are there apart from some mug agreeing to pay in excess if £40m
    The alternative is for Duchatelet to let us die and for the physical assets to rust and crumble at whatever expense to himself, just because he can.
    He could let us die or try to liquidate and I think that possibility has got the EFL worried.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Dizzle said:

I’m on honeymoon in Aruba and still check this thread once or twice a day. I think it’s an addiction

Why how many honeymoons have you been on??
    This will be my fourth......

Check of this thread for today :smile:
  • Options
    edited August 2018

It’s all down to money

It’s all down to money

No it never I never used the EFL as proof of my point

And Like it or not PA the aussies ain’t showing the colour of their money and that’s because they haven’t got it or refuse to spend it

The biggest shame here that is passing you by is that the Saudi’s had the offer in at the amour RD wanted and the Aussies went and out bid them

I trust the man on here implicitly who told us what the Saudi bid was

The Aussies not following through and letting this one slip gets my goat proper

However the directors loans had not been sorted so it’s not a clear title issue

The offer they made has not been followed through

There is a gap in their funding on the original offer I stick to what I was told and that’s they never had it in the first place

RD is to blame
    The value may be too high but because 2 bid to his value who’s to say the stupid cnut isn’t within his right to feel he got it spot on

The whole thing is a charade and no one coming out on top whilst we die slowly

Fuck RD
    Fuck Murray
    Fuck the Aussie bid
    Fuck EFL
    Fuck the Saudi bid for not coming back in

There’s a long long way to go before this is resolved

Fuck fuck fuck 123456789 10....and relax. Breathe in slowly and now breathe out. Look the sun is shining through the the round window.
  • Options

Depressing news it seems but money talks

WIOTOS

SISS

What is this new word?
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Sadly we've got enough badly run clubs now to form a division of their own...

Yes, CAFC's been shafted but there's Blackpool, Orient, Coventry, Sunderland... (and not quite on the same scale: Forest, Birmingham, Leeds, Villa...

And I'm sure there are four or five obvious ones I've forgotten

Sunderland are fine now.
    On the field yes, maybe, once their squad blends in. Off the field I think we'll wait and see... there's obviously been a toxic environment there for a few years too and, despite the new owner/debt write-off (wouldn't it be great if RD did that with us?!) and, I believe, 30k STs sold, I don't think they're quite out of the woods yet.

They might be odds on to get out of L1 at the first attempt but the Championship is another matter.
    I doubt their fans are too bothered. They’re well set up for the future. That’s all you can ask for. No one can expect instant double promotion.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

It’s all down to money

And I thought you said they’d ‘pulled out - mic drop’ @nth london addick . ;-)

Give ‘em a fair suck at the pineapple mate! They’re hoping to rescue your club, and all you’ve done is ridicule them, from early doors.

And yes, it looks like a couple of members of the consortium wouldn’t sign off on the 18th May deal on the grounds that the asking price was ridiculous.

Good luck to them I say. Let Roland make a loss (and lose face), and let them invest the money saved in the club.

And I don’t agree we should harass his family. Do that and you lose the publicity battle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That’s a strange logic right there not me but you

the Saudi’s showed their money enough to put in a firm offer they reached his number and got gazzumped by people that apart from buying a scarf and getting cheap cheers like wwe wrestlers have done nothing

They then walked away as they were at their number

Not a fake number by fake people
  • Options

_MrDick said:

seth plum said:

Pretty clear any takeover is off.

Fans will abandon hope, and the club with it, or continue to fight as best they can.

This will probably end with the closure of the club altogether, or if we are very lucky indeed administration and some kind of rescue package.

The question from now on is do we die with a whimper, or if we are destined to die do we go with a bang?

Collectively and individually I hope fans are able to mark the closing down of the club as dramatically as possible.

Duchatelet will remain and oversee our death, no rescue of any kind in sight. Those who deliberately or innocently have a different narrative are being manipulated because of the triumph of time.

Not off, just on hold until Duchatelet lowers his asking price. At some point he’s going to have to cut his losses. What other alternatives are there apart from some mug agreeing to pay in excess if £40m
    MrDick given Oz 5 year plan will cost £150m-£200m how much do you think RD will need to discount to facilitate a deal? He has already lost about £20m by under-valuing Gomez and Lookman by selling them too soon. The Oz lot could make similar mistakes, hopefully not of that magnitude. What part of 'the price has been agreed' do you not understand?
    @harveys_gardener No need to be rude. Of course I understand that a fee has been agreed. My opinion / gut feeling is the Aussies are playing a waiting game until Duchatelet lowers the price.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

the Saudi’s showed their money enough to put in a firm offer they reached his number and got gazzumped by people that apart from buying a scarf and getting cheap cheers like wwe wrestlers have done nothing

No. The Saudi's maybe didn't have the money to run the club or they simply weren't actually interested in the club.

I am fairly certain our latest bid received was not the same amount as the Aussies bid, however it was also accepted.

If the Saudi's had either the money or the interest, they'd own us by now.
  • Options
    The ozzies paid out £1m on DD , nobody else has so they weren't time wasters
  • Options

How do you know it was a firm offer? Maybe they'd have also tried to drop the asking price like Aussies may have done.
  • Options
    cafcwill said:

Depressing news it seems but money talks

WIOTOS

SISS

What is this new word?
    Something Inside So Strong
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

No. The Saudi's clearly didn't have the money to run the club or they simply weren't actually interested in the club.

I am fairly certain our latest bid received was not the same amount as the Aussies bid, however it was also accepted.

Why they reached their limit and like in all auctions you know when to stop especially when the Aussies wouldn’t stop and seeing as they are only using Monopoly money why should they
  • Options

The ozzies paid out £1m on DD , nobody else has so they weren't time wasters

They weren’t the only ones
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dazzler21 said:

No. The Saudi's clearly didn't have the money to run the club or they simply weren't actually interested in the club.

Why they reached their limit and like in all auctions you know when to stop especially when the Aussies wouldn’t stop and seeing as they are only using Monopoly money why should they
    Shame you can’t wake up and smell the coffee.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    If the numbers are correct (and NLA is pretty firm that they are) and Roland had a bona fide offer of 40m pounds on the table then I’m astonished he didn’t take it. Especially since he has said on a few occasions that he doubted the Ozzies had the cash required. He must have lost millions in holding onto the club over the summer, and for a business that is supposed to occupy only 1.5% of his time, there’s no way that can be the case right now.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Dazzler21 said:

When they buy us I will drink coffee for the first time in years

But my coffee ban is well and truly safe
  • Options

If the Aussies are effectively time wasters as you keep implying (never had the money or not prepared to pay the price) how is it in Duchatelet's interests to stay in negotiations with them and publicly state that a price has been agreed.....?

• Options
    micks1950 said:

If the Aussies are effectively time wasters as you keep implying (never had the money or not prepared to pay the price) how is it in Duchatelet's interests to stay in negotiations with them and publicly state that a price has been agreed.....?

The price was agreed no lies there no issue with it

The Aussies haven’t followed through with it

And never had any intention too they gazumped and knocked out the opposition and then are playing hard ball with RD until they get investnent or he backs down

Time wasters and charlatins no surprise really seeing as they are from convict Stock
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

I’m on honeymoon in Aruba and still check this thread once or twice a day. I think it’s an addiction

Bahama.
    Ooh I wanna take you to Bermuda.
    Bahama.
    Come on pretty mama.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Dazzler21 said:

Well at least you didn’t break your mic.
    But I doubt you’ll need it again ;-)
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Dazzler21 said:

Well at least you didn’t break your mic.
    But I doubt you’ll need it again ;-)
    No need the mic is dropped and never being picked up
  • Options

micks1950 said:

The price was agreed no lies there no issue with it

The Aussies haven’t followed through with it

And never had any intention too they gazumped and knocked out the opposition and then are playing hard ball with RD until they get investnent or he backs down

Time wasters and charlatins no surprise really seeing as they are from convict Stock
    You got me there. Can’t disagree. And as for Rolf Harris....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!