Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Jim needs to start putting the heat on Richard Murray.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Off_it said:

I've said it before & I'll say it again..........IF and its a big IF, the Aussies are simply delaying the purchase so that they dont have to pay now & are waiting until December then that is a very high risk strategy. We all know that we are short on players NOW and that by January we could be well off the pace in terms of table position. Surely the quicker you buy the club the quicker you can sort out the problems - get players in before the loan window shuts & give yourself half a chance to be top 6/top 10 by January when you can re-assess and then buy the players you need. As every game passess & we don't win then we are getting worse.

as I said...........its a big IF...........and if true then they are more foolish than I ever thought possible.

Are you SURE you're a financial advisor? Only you seem to have a very very short term attitude to life.

If you were advising a client about an investment would you always be looking for the immediate short term answer?
    Most financial advisers look to the short term, cos it gets their commission payed into their bank accounts quicker.
    That is an incredibly sweeping generalisation that is not at all correct.
    A little facetious on my part maybe.

However, the experience I have (as a customer) dealing with people in insurance, mortgage brokers and banks etc. is generally bad. It seems to me brokers are always trying to max out on their profit at my cost. Have you tried renewing an insurance policy lately?

Apologies to you if you are in the trade and a honest broker as they say.
  • Options
    anything from the Aussies then @JamesSeed
  • Options
    WSS said:
    the club telling lies.............surely not.

I think @Henry Irving needs to change his " WIOTOS".
  • Options

WSS said:

Bloody hell. That’s big news if true. Wtf is going on.
  • Options
    Do the Australians have funds? Could this be the hold up, is the asking price too high? If they do buy the club, will they have money to turn things around?
  • Options
    I have heard 2 separate rumours that the Aussie deal is dead. Also you have to ask yourself, if they were still keen why have none of them watched any games since the Shrewbury games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

WSS said:

If I had £1 for everytime someone has misunderstood WIOTOS I could buy Charlton myself
  • Options
    Rothko said:

anything from the Aussies then @JamesSeed

My restraining order against them is still in force.

Joking apart, I think GM has had a break (I know, I know), but they do seem to be keeping a massively low profile at the moment.
    They are being kept informed about latest developments (not just by me of course). I still haven’t heard anything recently since ‘it’ll be worthwhile in the end’.

My belief is that they’re close, and they don’t want to risk jeopardising anything by breaking NDA.

That’s a guess.
  • Options
    Glovepup said:

Do the Australians have funds? Could this be the hold up, is the asking price too high? If they do buy the club, will they have money to turn things around?

Why dont Roland and his lackies just say that then... Of course they wont know the details yet all they need to say is: "The issue is with the Aussies" and thats it, its off their plate and the buck isnt passed to the EFL

The way Airman's source has spoken makes it sound as though its Roland holding something up his end
  • Options

WSS said:

If I had £1 for everytime someone has misunderstood WIOTOS I could buy Charlton myself
    Ah, the Bromley consortium rumour resurfaces. ;)
  • Options
    If the club is indeed telling lies about the EFL documents then surely it’s with the complicity of the Australians in order to obscure from perhaps their inability to complete their consortium or something else or CAFC are deliberately looking to make it look like the delay is with the Aussies.

If it’s the latter then perhaps the Australians might think it the right time to make a statement. If I’m being honest I think the former is unfortunately more likely.

Whatever the reason. It stinks the house out.
  • Options
    @Airman Brown as far as you know, is your source different to that of @Addickted ? If so, then it is absolute dynamite.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Interesting, I can't see the EFL intervening on the bonuses issue, but they won't like being used in this way if it's untrue
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The reason the club has not been sold is that Duchatelet wants too much money and no one will pay it. That's all there is to it. Everything else is noise.

maybe we could just delete every other comment apart from above and close thread ...whilst its stating the bloomin obvious it would save us the pain
  • Options

WSS said:
    Interesting, I can't see the EFL intervening on the bonuses issue, but they won't like being used in this way if it's untrue
    And furthermore I would think that to reveal the status of the ODT of a buyer must be a breach of the relevant NDA with the buyer. If the statement is untrue, the club's behaviour beggars belief.
  • Options

WSS said:

Twice then.
  • Options

The reason the club has not been sold is that Duchatelet wants too much money and no one will pay it. That's all there is to it. Everything else is noise.

This is most likely true. By May 18th the price was agreed, although ‘a couple of backers had to sign off on it’. Perhaps these backers were the more realistic ones, and maybe they’ve reduced the offer and are waiting for RD to agree to their revised offer.

Roland, enraged, is doing anything in his power to attract a higher bid, hence all the cuts, alongside allowing Bowyer to try to get in one or two players.

So it’s a wait and see. Hopefully, if this scenario is true, Roland will crack, accepting a loss (yippee!), and the Aussies will have more to invest in moving the club forwards, as the upfront cost will have been reduced.
  • Options

I take it then that nothing will happen until the Shitweasel has an epiphany resulting in his re-engaging with reality and dropping the ridiculous asking price for what is now a husk of a once prestigious club that is currently losing money hand over fist due to his disastrous stewardship.

Shan't be holding my breath, in that case.....

So, we are where we have always been under this greedy, incompetent, deluded Shitweasel of an owner.....screwed. His arrogance and pride mean that he is unlikely to budge, he'll just make the club suffer even more to punish us all for HIS failure.

Absolutely depressing and utterly predictable.
  • Options

@Airman Brown as far as you know, is your source different to that of @Addickted ? If so, then it is absolute dynamite.

Yes.
    So are you therefore of the understanding that in fact the Aussies cleared the ODT several weeks ago? ( that's what the other source told @Addickted )

• Options
    lolwray said:

maybe we could just delete every other comment apart from above and close thread ...whilst its stating the bloomin obvious it would save us the pain
    Allied that to the fact that nobody knows how much he is asking for the club we might as well delete Airman's comment. He's probably right but its no more fact than anything else.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!