Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Saying it’s not true isn’t enough we need to know the actual truth too
  • Options

@Airman Brown as far as you know, is your source different to that of @Addickted ? If so, then it is absolute dynamite.

Yes.
    So are you therefore of the understanding that in fact the Aussies cleared the ODT several weeks ago? ( that's what the other source told @Addickted )

They have not said there is a current problem with the ODT.
  • Options

I cannot think of any other club that has gone through what we have in the last 4 years!!! The Arsenal fans moaning about Wenger, Newcastle fans moaning about Mike Ashley .....nothing in comparison to us!

In fairness I still think Blackpool is worse. But we now are clear second. That is how Blackpool see us - as well as being the most resolute campaigners.
  • Options
    razil said:

We do but they won’t have the full picture, which is why they want to meet the club. I am quite confident now there is a gap between what the Aussies are wiling to pay and what he wants.
  • Options

razil said:

We do but they won’t have the full picture, which is why they want to meet the club. I am quite confident now there is a gap between what the Aussies are wiling to pay and what he wants.
    What, if anything, can the EFL do about that though?
  • Options

Scoham said:

razil said:

Nothing but they can’t allow the current level of disarray either.
    And what about the mystery second party? Can the EFL confirm if they actually exist?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

pressure is building from a number of angles, staff, EFL, media, ROT, tomorrow's protest. Just hope we are entering the end game.

Not forgetting hotel stayen gets regularly fully booked. ;)
  • Options
    If we want to independently get in touch with the EFL to register our concerns does anyone have best contact details ? Perhaps a few dozen e mails or letters might tweak their interest particularly as this is now getting quite a lot of media coverage.
  • Options

razil said:

Needs a concrete statement rejecting the club’s assertion without room for interpretation/wriggle room
  • Options

pressure is building from a number of angles, staff, EFL, media, ROT, tomorrow's protest. Just hope we are entering the end game.

I wouldn’t hold your breath ...
  • Options
    I am all for the Staff and the bonus payment, would striking tomorrow put more pressure on them - or cost Douchbag more?
  • Options
    cafc83 said:

It does seem like things are coming to a head this week, with each additional development increasing the pressure on Duchatelet. He now has the national media, the EFL, the fans, the club staff and political adversaries (both foreign in ROT, and domestic in local MP and councilors) on his case.

If the EFL has no current issues with the Aussie documents (two separate sources confirming as much now) then the club is lying when it states that the Aussies are still to submit documents to the EFL, or at the very list obfuscating.

As others have said, this smacks of Duchatelet holding out for every penny he can get but not wanting to admit that openly, with it being far easier to blame the 'Aussies' for the delay than himself. To do so would be a tacit admission of failure and desperation on his part, and the guy is so egocentric and obdurate when it comes to his own self worth and intelligence that he would avoid that at all costs.

My worry is that he is quite capable of letting this continue on for a good while yet, regardless of the damage to the club in the interim. He simply does not care about the club in all of this, the people, the fans, none of it. Just his bank balance.

I posted above. If the club is lying then why havn’t the Aussies called him out on it ? My guess is because that statement is agreed by both parties. We really need to find out why.

• Options

Scoham said:

razil said:

Nothing but they can’t allow the current level of disarray either.
    I’m sure they could come up with a “bringing the game into disrepute” charge if the club was deliberately lying about the EFLs position in this.

They won’t, but I’m sure it’s possible.
  • Options

cafc83 said:

It does seem like things are coming to a head this week, with each additional development increasing the pressure on Duchatelet. He now has the national media, the EFL, the fans, the club staff and political adversaries (both foreign in ROT, and domestic in local MP and councilors) on his case.

If the EFL has no current issues with the Aussie documents (two separate sources confirming as much now) then the club is lying when it states that the Aussies are still to submit documents to the EFL, or at the very list obfuscating.

As others have said, this smacks of Duchatelet holding out for every penny he can get but not wanting to admit that openly, with it being far easier to blame the 'Aussies' for the delay than himself. To do so would be a tacit admission of failure and desperation on his part, and the guy is so egocentric and obdurate when it comes to his own self worth and intelligence that he would avoid that at all costs.

My worry is that he is quite capable of letting this continue on for a good while yet, regardless of the damage to the club in the interim. He simply does not care about the club in all of this, the people, the fans, none of it. Just his bank balance.

I posted above. If the club is lying then why havn’t the Aussies called him out on it ? My guess is because that statement is agreed by both parties. We really need to find out why.

More likely that there is an NDA in place stopping the Aussies making any statement that is not signed off by RD.
  • Options

cafc83 said:

Well we know via JamesSeed that there is a NDA in place, but that does not explain why the club can say something but the Aussies cannot as it would cover the actions of bother parties. So I think you could well be right with what you say above. If that is so, then this make no sense at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018

cafc83 said:

More likely that there is an NDA in place stopping the Aussies making any statement that is not signed off by RD.
    Can’t see an NDA holding up if the other party were deliberately spreading lies about the other. It’s probably illegal. It’s why I think the Aussies are complicit

• Options
    It would amount to libel if so, would it not?
  • Options
    cafc83 said:

It would amount to libel if so, would it not?

Can't see how it's libellous.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
  • Options
    Sadly we've got enough badly run clubs now to form a division of their own...

Yes, CAFC's been shafted but there's Blackpool, Orient, Coventry, Sunderland... (and not quite on the same scale: Forest, Birmingham, Leeds, Villa...

And I'm sure there are four or five obvious ones I've forgotten
  • Options

Yes, CAFC's been shafted but there's Blackpool, Orient, Coventry, Sunderland... (and not quite on the same scale: Forest, Birmingham, Leeds, Villa...

Sunderland are fine now.
  • Options

Glovepup said:

Do the Australians have funds? Could this be the hold up, is the asking price too high? If they do buy the club, will they have money to turn things around?

Why dont Roland and his lackies just say that then... Of course they wont know the details yet all they need to say is: "The issue is with the Aussies" and thats it, its off their plate and the buck isnt passed to the EFL

The way Airman's source has spoken makes it sound as though its Roland holding something up his end
    I know a few on here that would like to shove something up his end!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Sunderland are fine now.
    Would say Leeds / Villa / Forest are too
  • Options
    Last day of holibobs in Bali really hoped it would all be over when i got back, sadly a long way off still.
  • Options
    It seems we have:-
    1. Ozzies haven't the funds
    2. It's with EFL
    3. EFL have rejected someone
    4. Arguing over price
    5. Ozzies have scarpered
    6. Directors' loans need settling

Can the moderators do a countback, declare a winner and close the thread. I have already wasted months of my life reading speculative rubbish here.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!