Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Scoham said:

He owns the director debt AB but i don’t believe it risses yearly or does it

If he owns it and it does t increase annually he may as well ignore it as it’s not due for being paid unless he chooses too or we get promoted to prem

I honestly think we are all convinced that he will sell due to the losses

I don’t agree I think the bloke is vindictive and spiteful enough to just run us in the way he is currently until he finds someone like him who was willing to pay what Is deemed favourable and to ignore the directors debt until it’s due for paying

He won’t move unless the other parties come closer to his value or solution for the debt

The director loans don’t rise.
    The directors loans don't rise, so the amount outstanding is reducing in real terms, as it is getting eroded by inflation.
    Their multi millionaires they don’t care and inflation is 2.4%, Rolands debt is rising too at the rate of at least £1mn a month he has been farting around with this deal for a year, that’s £12mn wasted he could have paid them off and be £5mn better off.
    I don't disagree with the sentiment, but don't forget he sold Lookman in January 2017, which will have given him some wriggle room.
  • Options

Scoham said:

If he owns it and it does t increase annually he may as well ignore it as it’s not due for being paid unless he chooses too or we get promoted to prem

I don’t agree I think the bloke is vindictive and spiteful enough to just run us in the way he is currently until he finds someone like him who was willing to pay what Is deemed favourable and to ignore the directors debt until it’s due for paying

He won’t move unless the other parties come closer to his value or solution for the debt

The directors loans don't rise, so the amount outstanding is reducing in real terms, as it is getting eroded by inflation.
    Their multi millionaires they don’t care and inflation is 2.4%, Rolands debt is rising too at the rate of at least £1mn a month he has been farting around with this deal for a year, that’s £12mn wasted he could have paid them off and be £5mn better off.
    I don't disagree with the sentiment, but don't forget he sold Lookman in January 2017, which will have given him some wriggle room.
    Was thinking this as well. Also we sold Konsa in the summer so that's 2-3 months of losses recouped.

Or does he still lose 1m even factoring transfer sales into it?
  • Options

Scoham said:

Was thinking this as well. Also we sold Konsa in the summer so that's 2-3 months of losses recouped.

It's approximately £1m per month before player sales, which was why in the financial year we sold Lookman, Fox etc, we lost next to nothing or thereabouts.
  • Options

Scoham said:

It's approximately £1m per month before player sales, which was why in the financial year we sold Lookman, Fox etc, we lost next to nothing or thereabouts.
    Surely the majority of that £1M was made up of player salaries which should currently be much lower than when that original figure was reported?
  • Options

When will the fans realise there are only 2 villains here;

Dickhead because he really isn't interested in the club only his own ego. He has done deals with the devil to make sure he has a seat at the top table, the real Judas amongst the disciples.

Dogshit because he is only interested in ripping the arse out of the club to make money and prove to everybody how clever he is.

They are both failures both in Life general but In particular any thing football related, yes they have money but can only attract the hangers on and the incompetent misfits (you know the people I mean).

Good luck to anybody trying to deal with either of these losers.

Not sure either can be viewed as “life failures” to be honest.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quite a few, but yes a minority, have tried to put some or all of the blame on the Aussies.

You only have to read Golfies post to see the most extreme version of this but after the Fans Forums when LDT said the delay was down to EFL paperwork a lot of fingers were pointed at the convicts.
  • Options

Dickhead because he really isn't interested in the club only his own ego. He has done deals with the devil to make sure he has a seat at the top table, the real Judas amongst the disciples.

Dogshit because he is only interested in ripping the arse out of the club to make money and prove to everybody how clever he is.

They are both failures both in Life general but In particular any thing football related, yes they have money but can only attract the hangers on and the incompetent misfits (you know the people I mean).

Depends how you interpret life failures. If your just talking about having loads of money fine but if your talking about treating people like human beings, having proper friends, not just hangers on then I think they are failures, my opinion that's all.
  • Options

Quite a few, but yes a minority, have tried to put some or all of the blame on the Aussies.

You only have to read Golfies post to see the most extreme version of this but after the Fans Forums when LDT said the delay was down to EFL paperwork a lot of fingers were pointed at the convicts.

Although not a recent attendee of the meetings, I can assure you that there were numerous times in the past 4+ years when the group was not told the truth, the whole truth & nothing but the truth.

One of the reasons why I opted out.
    So you are saying the regime lie to fans? @Fanny Fanackapan

I find that hard to believe.
  • Options

If the former directors really believed in the prospects for the club under the Aussies, wouldn’t they prefer to wait for payment and get their full money back when we reach the Premier League?

No , why would they believe in prospects, they never met them, never been approached by them on their loans and their last 3 experiences under Murray, Slater and Roland have been shit.
    If I was them I would not budge an inch.
    This is Rolands problem not theirs, they have been constantly ignored , banned and as the Clubs major creditors treated with disrespect.
    They have all been very quiet and respectful and in leaving their loans in basically stopped Club from Admin in 2010, in my opinion they deserve every penny back and Roland needs to take his medicine for bad management on the chin.
    Agreed but it’s not entirely fair to blame Roland for the failures of those who ran the club to near administration in 2010. Which presumably includes the former directors. If the club HAD gone into administration back then, wouldn’t they have entirely lost their loans anyway?
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Scoham said:

So you are saying that it’s the Director loans that are holding this up ?

Only Roland knows that, but he agreed a deal and said he would sort out those Loans without knowing what Ex Directors would say, unless he was told by one that they wouldn’t be a problem.
    Then guess what there was .
    Now that is an interesting post.

Roland agreed the deal, presumably with the Aussies.

Roland tells the Aussies he will deal the the £7m loans.

Roland then finds out the former directors won't play ball.

And so here we are.

So, in my eyes, if we believe @Davidsmith, this delay is all down to Roland.
    What about the documentation to be submitted to the EFL ?
    I thought everyone agreed that was a fact ?
    You said this within the last couple of hours, so you can't believe David Smith 100%.
    No offence to David or anyone.

"However, the Aussies, according to @Airman Brown, privately dispute that there are no issues with the former director loans although they appear to accept that there is still some paperwork to be signed off by the EFL. What the delay with the EFL is, why it is an issue and when it might be resolved all remain unclear."

• Options

Depends how you interpret life failures. If your just talking about having loads of money fine but if your talking about treating people like human beings, having proper friends, not just hangers on then I think they are failures, my opinion that's all.
    I’m fairly certain that neither of us can possibly know whether what you assert is even remotely true.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Although not a recent attendee of the meetings, I can assure you that there were numerous times in the past 4+ years when the group was not told the truth, the whole truth & nothing but the truth.

One of the reasons why I opted out.
    So you are saying the regime lie to fans? @Fanny Fanackapan

I find that hard to believe.
    Are you trying to put words into my mouth, Henry ?

:smile:
  • Options

Scoham said:

Only Roland knows that, but he agreed a deal and said he would sort out those Loans without knowing what Ex Directors would say, unless he was told by one that they wouldn’t be a problem.

And so here we are.

You said this within the last couple of hours, so you can't believe David Smith 100%.

"However, the Aussies, according to @Airman Brown, privately dispute that there are no issues with the former director loans although they appear to accept that there is still some paperwork to be signed off by the EFL. What the delay with the EFL is, why it is an issue and when it might be resolved all remain unclear."

I was reporting what AB said in a summary.
  • Options
    For what it is worth, I suspect Duchatelet sees himself as a victim rather than the villain.
  • Options

Scoham said:

And so here we are.

So do you believe David Smith that the delay is all down to Roland ?

Do you believe that there is no longer a delay with submitting paperwork to the EFL or perhaps there never was ?
  • Options

Scoham said:

And so here we are.

Do you believe that there is no longer a delay with submitting paperwork to the EFL or perhaps there never was ?
    My guess is that the director issue is the significant one that is delaying the deal.

• Options

Scoham said:

And so here we are.

My guess is that the director issue is the significant one that is delaying the deal.

So do you think we are still waiting for the Aussies to submit paperwork to the EFL ?

Perhaps, you think it has now been submitted and we are awaiting EFL approval ?

Alternatively, do you feel that this EFL approval delay talk is a nonsense and the EFL have already approved the takeover ?
  • Options

Mr Seed the frustration is more acute in this period,for ALL football fans this period between seasons is our sesson of HOPE. May be just, may be we can forget the decades of disappointment/shit and this season with a few signings we could actually go somewhere.That forward could score 25 goals etc etc

With CAFC it usually ends in disappointment but with RD our wealthiest owner its been thin squad to anorexic ---then we are TOLD new owners WILL be here at the end of last season .So our period of hope increases ,we might not be feeding out of the left overs and the dregs,we might be able to actually have a go-------- but here we are ---dead in the water-----a squad horrifically thin----even our small season of hope has been taken away.

I totally get what you are saying. The only crumb of comfort is that they haven't walked away.

I'm almost resigned for this sale thing to happen too late for the transfer window, but perhaps we'll get some great loanees before that window closes?

And the January window, although never an easy time to do business, might be another chance to improve the squad?

And even if we mess up the season, we should be in a much better place this time next year under our new CEO and ownership.

You know me, over-optimistic to the bitter end.

[I'm not saying it won't happen next week by the way.]
  • Options

No one has doubted who the delay is down too in the last 4 weeks or who is responsible for the shit state we find ourselves In

The delay is financial 100%

But there has to be a point where someone moves and it won’t be two shit cnut chalets

Or he would’ve done it by now

That leaves the buyers to either walk away or find a solution to resolve it or we wi just right off this season and more than likely give atleast a ten point start to every other club around us because our squad is not good enough or big enough to cope right now

If that happens they will have to be preapared for another season after this one in lge 1 or even if they want a lge 2 club

If the rumours are right and Murray is involved in the Brits interest he certainly won’t be rushing to do anything pre xmas when they can gauge the road ahead of them

Murray can't do anything without clear title, he can't afford to but, maybe that was the reason for the offer to the directors?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!