Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Are we now entering a time period where its in the buyers favour to not get a deal done? Might as well string it out until January and save 5 million in running costs?

This is what I'm thinking or even until next summer, why waste a million a month on an underfunded squad where avoiding relegation will be success
  • Options
    I actually think we have a team spirit with what is still there and I think that might just keep us out of serious trouble at the wrong end. Probably shouldn't be saying this as a club our size should be at the top end really. But I feel we are short to challenge at the top sadly.
  • Options
    Blimey, this even makes the Brexit talks seem simple !
  • Options
    edited July 2018

With everyone saying the ex director loans should be settled by RD, in his defence they don't need to be.

It is indeed only speculation, but as these loans are only repayable on promotion to the Premiership, then RD is well within his rights to ignore them. I can understand his position if the Aussies will only buy the club if he gets rid of these. Would you want to fork out millions when you didn't have to?

No, he bought the debt in 2014. He continues to own it until someone agrees to buy it off him. If he fails to find that buyer he continues to lose money in operating costs to at least that value each year. Either way, until he sells he will pay.
    I understand that, but the Aussies could easily buy the club and the debt. It's not a big deal because the debt is not repayable until it becomes a drop in the ocean.

IMO, both parties have the right to decline to pay it which I accept, but it seems to be holding the deal up which is obviously to the detriment of the club.
  • Options
    He owns the director debt AB but i don’t believe it risses yearly or does it

If he owns it and it does t increase annually he may as well ignore it as it’s not due for being paid unless he chooses too or we get promoted to prem

I honestly think we are all convinced that he will sell due to the losses

I don’t agree I think the bloke is vindictive and spiteful enough to just run us in the way he is currently until he finds someone like him who was willing to pay what Is deemed favourable and to ignore the directors debt until it’s due for paying

He won’t move unless the other parties come closer to his value or solution for the debt

• Options

If he owns it and it does t increase annually he may as well ignore it as it’s not due for being paid unless he chooses too or we get promoted to prem

I don’t agree I think the bloke is vindictive and spiteful enough to just run us in the way he is currently until he finds someone like him who was willing to pay what Is deemed favourable and to ignore the directors debt until it’s due for paying

He won’t move unless the other parties come closer to his value or solution for the debt

completely agree, the only way he seemingly wanted to pay the debt was at 25p to the £1, so it's not causing him too many sleepless nights!
  • Options
    I have a suggestion Rolly, you pay the Directors back their £7m thus giving free title, the Aussies agree to pay you back (say) £4m when and if we get back to the Prem, but your money is secured by an IOU. Simples!
  • Options
    Can’t see how the directors debt can be the stumbling block on its own. If you want the club you roll it over and by the time we reach, if ever the PL then £7 million won’t buy you much in the way of a player. It’s a lot of money but negligible in the big scheme of things. There is also the possibility of paying it off as you go along although I’m not sure why you would.

I’m convinced the Aussies have the funds and so are the club. That implies to me there is something more and I agree it’s not solely a few bits of paper required by the EFL.

Seems to me whatever it is holding up the sale is historic and slowly be unraveled and resolved.

Only fear for me is that it can’t be resolved because Duchatelet doesn’t fully have right to sell what he thought he owned. Nothing would surprise me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I’m guessing that the debt which rises annually that AB was referring to is the debts caused by the general running cost of the club (at one point £1M a month I believe but surely significantly less given that we only have about a dozen players now).
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

johnny73 said:

So, we have a billionaire owner too stubborn to pay off ex directors.

We have prospective owners who will only purchase with a clean title and will not pay off ex directors.

We have 6 ex-directors who are unlikely to accept a payoff less than 100% because they hate Murray / don't trust duche or just want their money back.

And then we have Murray!

Meanwhile the club is being run into the ground.

You know this for a fact do you? Funny how Murphy didn't mention it to James Seed.
    I've never been involved in a takeover, not signed a business related nda, but the reason why GM isn't telling anybody about the business side of the takeover is that he has. At our beer meeting none of this stuff was discussed, and nothing since. Even the clean title thing is, as far as I know, speculation, although probable.
    So exactly what was the 'chat' about at your beer meeting and subsequent telephone conversations? Mlle Le Point, the French teacher, who didn't look older than the boys?

Are you seriously saying you've not even mentioned DD, the EFL, Duchatalet, how much?, RM, the debentures?

They've been at it for 15 months, there must have been some little snippet you could have got out of him, or, shock horror, he offered to you.
  • Options

Missed It said:

clb74 said:

What grapevine said.

It's Duchatelet's mess and he's got to clear it up.

WIOTOS

Or he could just stick to his guns and drive us into the ground.
    I fear that this is a genuine possibility. He's a really nasty creature whose 'stock' has been damaged and embarrassed by the rightful protests, home and abroad.

He couldn't give a waffle's whipped cream about our football club and would love nothing more than to pay us back by driving us into the ground. The money he'd lose will be utterly inconsequential to him.

It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if he gets regular updates (or even views himself) about the ramblings on this thread! By doing such, he can sit back and laugh in a sadistic manner whilst simply planning his strategy and drag our pain out for as long as he chooses! He holds all the aces, the jacks, the queens, the bloody lot.

Yes, it may seem far fetched, but I've said all along that he will pay us back for the deserved grief we have given him and all of his sickeningly sycophantic cronies.

Despise them all so much; I truly do.
    I very much doubt he gets any sort of update of what happens on Charlton Life. Read the interviews he gives and it's clear he doesn't even really know what's going on in a business he's sunk £70m into. He checked out years ago. All he cares about is getting his money back
    I'm not so sure mate and wouldn't necessarily be so unwary as to think that. In the main, it's human nature to want revenge (of sorts), and when you're talking about a narcissistic egomaniac who has had his pride dented on his own patch - well, payback would be high on the agenda.

He despises what CARD, B20, ROT etc have done to him and, trust me, he'll want retribution for sure. It's in the DNA of a nut job and my guess is he's actually surreptitiously getting it now by purposely making the whole (alleged) sale a real cake and arse party for his own demented self-satisfaction.

Of course I may well be wrong, it's just my thoughts and views; nothing more, nothing less. But I reckon he'll be, at the very least, getting reports on this thread and loving the debate, oft argument, and uncertainty that he's causing amongst the 'ITKs' and the rest of us.
    I'm pretty sure Lazy Daisy used to spend half her life on here instead of doing any work then using some of the info in her reports back to Roland, reframed in a way to cover her lazy, incompetent arse. Those days are gone now. His 'niece' has betrayed him and he has no interest in it now. We are merely an occasional annoyance to him
  • Options
    Is he still getting a reduced interest rate on the monies that his friendly debt deems to charge the Club?

• Options
    He finds us more than an annoyance he has been embarrassed home and abroad the fella is now taking his revenge
  • Options

He finds us more than an annoyance he has been embarrassed home and abroad the fella is now taking his revenge

Everyone's a loser in this.
  • Options

• Options

Yeah I think he just honestly doesn't give a toss how long it takes/what happens to us, and that is revenge enough for him.
  • Options
    I don't think he's THAT bothered by 1.5% of his total interests... surely not. You don't make millions by making petty financial decisions like that.

The bloke can't own us indefinitely. There comes a point where owning something that's bleeding money no longer makes sense and so you get rid at whatever price you can.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The director loans don’t rise.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

johnny73 said:

So, we have a billionaire owner too stubborn to pay off ex directors.

We have prospective owners who will only purchase with a clean title and will not pay off ex directors.

We have 6 ex-directors who are unlikely to accept a payoff less than 100% because they hate Murray / don't trust duche or just want their money back.

And then we have Murray!

Meanwhile the club is being run into the ground.

You know this for a fact do you? Funny how Murphy didn't mention it to James Seed.
    I've never been involved in a takeover, not signed a business related nda, but the reason why GM isn't telling anybody about the business side of the takeover is that he has. At our beer meeting none of this stuff was discussed, and nothing since. Even the clean title thing is, as far as I know, speculation, although probable.
    So exactly what was the 'chat' about at your beer meeting and subsequent telephone conversations? Mlle Le Point, the French teacher, who didn't look older than the boys?

Are you seriously saying you've not even mentioned DD, the EFL, Duchatalet, how much?, RM, the debentures?

They've been at it for 15 months, there must have been some little snippet you could have got out of him, or, shock horror, he offered to you.
    You'll just have to re-read the original post.
    He said he couldn't talk about the business side for obvious reasons, but did say that the stumbling blocks up to that point had been pre Duchatelet era. And don't think for a minute he was 'shock horror' trying to leak positive info. He really wasn't, and hasn't tried since then either. He could easily feed me bits of positive info, but really doesn't, except to say 'were still working at it.'
  • Options
    Roland announced last year that he wanted out of football, yet he hasn't sold any of his clubs, or has he? I'm not sure what this tells us, but it suggests that compromising is not his strong point.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Scoham said:

The director loans don’t rise.
    No, but unless the Aussies are underwriting the delay the cost to him of owning the club continues to do so.
  • Options

What part of THE PRICE HAS BEEN AGREED do you guys not get?

So whats the hold up?
  • Options

Is that a Mischon de Reya tweet?
  • Options

So whats the hold up?
    They paid in 2p pieces, old yellowteeth is still busy counting it
  • Options

So whats the hold up?
    Documentation being submitted & approved by the EFL?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!