Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2018

So from that article he is raising 80m capital in his Stayen company? why?

That's not quite what it said. (If the translator works). He's actually created €80mn new shares BUT only 25% paid. So, €20mn new money. (Not sure whether that means quarter paid or only quarter issued.)The rest can be put in at his leisure or not at all.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

I think the main question is if, and it is a big if, Roland has walked are the Aussies ready to step in and get their wallets out because they seem reluctant up to now.

What brings you to say that they're reluctant to "get their wallets out"? Is it simply that the sale hasn't yet been completed? (In which case you could say that about any of the supposed "number" of consortia that have been in talks). Or do you have information that indicates that a price has been agreed, all legal issues have been finalised and the only hold up is that the Aussie consortium has refused to complete the agreed deal?
    No insider info Chizz, just a gut feeling. If Muir was asking me to be one of the investors my two main questions would be what is the risk & when will I see a return on my money.

He must be struggling to answer those questions at the moment looking at the state of the club and sadly things appear to be getting worse by the week if the rumours are to be believed.

• Options

I think the main question is if, and it is a big if, Roland has walked are the Aussies ready to step in and get their wallets out because they seem reluctant up to now.

No of course they’re not ready. It’d be crazy to think they would be. This process has only just begun after all.
  • Options
    Does he actually say anything that is remotely relevant to the sale of CAFC ?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

That's not quite what it said. (If the translator works). He's actually created €80mn new shares BUT only 25% paid. So, €20mn new money. (Not sure whether that means quarter paid or only quarter issued.)The rest can be put in at his leisure or not at all.
    so HE has injected more money into Stayen @cafcfan, not brought in more money from outside (diluting his holding)?

is that correct?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

cafcfan said:

cafcfan said:

I like this lights stuff.
    My car's got adaptive headlights so surely it would be quite easy to have adaptive floodlights at the ground?
    Only light up the bit of the pitch where there's any activity. Although I suppose the opposition goalkeeper might get a bit hacked off being in total darkness all match.

The keeper can move around and make himself busy , maybe do what dazzlers possibly gonna do once the takeover happens
    He'd have to take his gloves off though wouldn't he? Hey there's another cost cutting measure right there - don't buy gloves for the keeper. Totally unnecessary.

I don't want to disparage the great man, but that just looks like an uncoordinated person falling over.
    Mate, that was just take 7
  • Options
    edited July 2018

cafcfan said:

so HE has injected more money into Stayen @cafcfan, not brought in more money from outside (diluting his holding)?

is that correct?
    That was my reading. But again, could be lost in translation. Edited to add: I think the bit at the end is likely to be a journo getting the wrong end of the stick. I doubt there's €80mn "fresh money" transferred from elsewhere.
  • Options

Chizz said:

What brings you to say that they're reluctant to "get their wallets out"? Is it simply that the sale hasn't yet been completed? (In which case you could say that about any of the supposed "number" of consortia that have been in talks). Or do you have information that indicates that a price has been agreed, all legal issues have been finalised and the only hold up is that the Aussie consortium has refused to complete the agreed deal?
    No insider info Chizz, just a gut feeling. If Muir was asking me to be one of the investors my two main questions would be what is the risk & when will I see a return on my money.

He must be struggling to answer those questions at the moment looking at the state of the club and sadly things appear to be getting worse by the week if the rumours are to be believed.

Sorry, but this just way off the mark. The current state of the club has absolutely nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Chizz said:

Sorry, but this just way off the mark. The current state of the club has absolutely nothing to do with it.
    Good then I am happy to be proved wrong. I am sure all will be revealed one day James so we can all see for ourselves what has really gone on instead of all the "in the know" gossip.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:

cafcfan said:

cafcfan said:

My car's got adaptive headlights so surely it would be quite easy to have adaptive floodlights at the ground?
    Only light up the bit of the pitch where there's any activity. Although I suppose the opposition goalkeeper might get a bit hacked off being in total darkness all match.

The keeper can move around and make himself busy , maybe do what dazzlers possibly gonna do once the takeover happens
    He'd have to take his gloves off though wouldn't he? Hey there's another cost cutting measure right there - don't buy gloves for the keeper. Totally unnecessary.

I don't want to disparage the great man, but that just looks like an uncoordinated person falling over.
    looks to me he has still got his curlers in
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Chizz said:

Agreed. If you're prepared to pay the rumoured amount that Duchatelet wants - and his own right-hand man has suggested that the price is agreed - then you are buying potential and not the current business.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Chizz said:

Good then I am happy to be proved wrong. I am sure all will be revealed one day James so we can all see for ourselves what has really gone on instead of all the "in the know" gossip.
    Sorry, didn’t mean to sound snappy.
    I’m very keen not to be seen as ITK and always pass on anything I get from GM that’s appropriate. I’ve today asked for a hint about timescale, but doubt very much that I’ll get one.
    WIOTOS, unfortunately.
  • Options
    71 days
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

71 days

710 days
  • Options

cafcfan said:

cafcfan said:

Interesting haircut
    It's not a haircut! One of Roland's ancestors has clearly dropped a giant turd on Sam's head, in what was deemed at the time to be a pre-emptive strike!
  • Options
    The six years of the war and Frank Swift were the reasons why our Sam didn't win 80 odd caps for England.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

Oggy Red said:

That same Belgian website( translated by Google) says:

"Former CEO Katrien Meire, called "Nightmeire" by the supporters ......."

https://derijkstebelgen.be/nieuws/duchatelet-verkoopt-vermaledijde-charlton/

Voormalig CEO Katrien Meire, door de supporters “Nightmeire” genoemd, vertrok eerder al bij Charlton, zij is nu aan de slag bij Sheffield Wednesday.

Bit harsh calling her a "Nightmeire" and "the slag of the Massives"!!!! :wink:
    Not really
  • Options
    Stig said:

cafcfan said:

cafcfan said:

If I remember rightly, this photo was taken at Bartram's audition for Billy Elliot. He was rejected for the lead role on the grounds that he was too big and not camp enough.
    Any truth in the rumour @DaveMehmet got the part? ;)
  • Options
    I have had twitter notifications set up for the CAFC account ever since April when it looked like it was a done deal. Has this had a negative affect on the chance of takeover being completed? Shall I turn off notifications? Can't he just sell the bloody club so I can get my season ticket again and look forward to the start of the season?
  • Options
    I can envisage takeover meetings going on in December, under candle light!

All desperate times, I just hope RD uses his stupid brain and bloody sells the club, otherwise the purse strings get worse and could be in adminstration by then.
  • Options
    Aston Villa get new investment.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!