Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Posh vs Charlton (April 2017) | Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:

Is that Wally Gator?
    Cor Wally Gator! There's a blast from my childhood.

No mate it's a melted Freddo The Frog in reference to @Dave2l 's analogy the other day. Kinda sums us up.
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

For anyone interested in the game, we were definitely the better side in the first half, although the football on show wasn't great.

We had 2 clear chances. As mentioned Novak wasted one with just the keeper to beat. Then towards the end of the half, the ball broke to Watt on the right, but he failed to test the keeper/find an unmarked Jackson at the back post. Other attacks tended to fade as we overplayed it around the box. Although it looked like it was a matter of time before we scored...

Peterborough improved after half time. Ulvestad probably had our best chance as he brilliantly jinked into the box but couldn't get a shot away and was closed down.

Subs made a difference. Jackson came off with cramp(?) and Crofts was poor in comparison. Watt had been poor, but Magennis didn't impress. Meanwhile Peterborough brought on Mackail-Smith and Samuelson who improved them massively.

Peterborough targeted our flanks more with no-one really tracking from midfield and Byrne/Chicksen often left one-on-one to deal with Maddison etc.

Maddison made the difference despite having a poor first hour. He picked out Samuelson who couldn't miss for 1-0, before scoring a brilliant chip soon after.

We never looked like worrying them after they scored their first.

Jackson was excellent in the holding role, and we looked much worse with him off the pitch. He won loads in the air, never wasted a pass, and allowed Ulvestad and Forster-Caskey to play further up. It was a shame he had to come off (with cramp?)

Highlight of the day was meeting my hero @Cabbles

Yes likewise mate, always good to put a face to a username as well :smiley:

Re the game, i do agree that we were in it up until they scored.

The problem is I've had so many defeats and despairing moments under this regime that I simply cannot motivate myself to get behind the team anymore whilst they remain.

I don't have any joy watching or following this club at the moment. I seem to enjoy the banter and the chance to be with my dad, @The31YearMan and @j_lo , the regulars on the coach and singing 'just sell the club' than I do going in anticipation of us winning.

:-(
  • Options
    JFC was with Samuelson for Posh's first goal, but didn't bother to track back.
  • Options

I was there . Not read any of the previous posts.

My personal, amateurish view, is our manager and the players probably should have faces that match the colours of the shirts the team wore today.

As should be those of the dickheads that wanted Novak replaced.

If that was Katrien that I saw getting a load of stick after the game then her expression and body language actually gave me the comfort that she understood that something needs to change

Great day out otherwise, which is what football is all about

And on that subject, If there is a club that should go out of business it is Peterborough. The ground was half empty so making it all ticket because we had sold 700 tickets was total bollox. having two gents toilets, each where only 5 blokes could have a piss and one could have a dump is totally inadequate as was only having a tiny, half-stocked cubicle for refreshments and the seats were built for midgets

I'm not sure which I find most concerning, the fact that the seats in the toilets were built for midgets, or that anyone would think it a good idea to have cubicles used for providing refreshments (even or, perhaps, especially if that last bit is something of a euphemism)...
  • Options
    Winning is a habit can't just turn it on and off like a tap, to win have to have that mentality and be prepared to do the work.

In football physchology they talk about developing the 5cs to get players mentally tough and prepared.

They are Commitment, Communication, Concentration, Control & Confidence now in my experience as a manager/coach doesn't matter how technically good or physically able you are if you don't have the right mentality and make the right decisions on the pitch your screwed.

It appears to me this is a psychological issue, i also think Robinson might be a good coach trying his best to get us to play nice attacking possession football but at the moment we need results not sure he is the man to get us to grind out results when needed like CP could.
  • Options
    The 4500 that go to home games are helping kill Charlton Shame on you.
  • Options
    wasn't there but saw the goals on TV - shocking defending for their first - 4 defenders in the box & no-one marked the man coming in at the back & although the 2nd goal was pretty good & Rudd had no chance, the defenders backed off & backed off & backed off and backed off and........

Still don't think we'll go down & nailed on victory on Tuesday night - we always win when needed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

wasn't there but saw the goals on TV - shocking defending for their first - 4 defenders in the box & no-one marked the man coming in at the back & although the 2nd goal was pretty good & Rudd had no chance, the defenders backed off & backed off & backed off and backed off and........

Still don't think we'll go down & nailed on victory on Tuesday night - we always win when needed.

Except last season!
  • Options
    We were comfortable until they scored. Wehad the od good patch in places. But after the goal we lost focus.
  • Options

We were comfortable until they scored. Wehad the od good patch in places. But after the goal we lost focus.

Wasn't there so I may be completely wrong - but the word comfortable and 0-0 don't sit with me! Especially with our current crop of players and form and our lack of goalscoring.

Let's pray Robbo has got a win or two in him to keep us up, then Roland can pack up and we can work on rebuilding this once great Club!
  • Options
    In the league:
    Robinson - P21 W4 D8 L9 For 23 Against 30 Points 20
    Slade - P16 W4 D8 L4 For 18 Against 17 Points 20
  • Options
    Rob said:

Defence under Robinson has been appalling. And, because we can't score much, that spells trouble.

Do we know who specifically has responsibility for coaching the defence?
  • Options
    sm said:

Rob said:

Defence under Robinson has been appalling. And, because we can't score much, that spells trouble.

• Options
    sm said:

Rob said:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fully expecting to go down now. Not sure why bexcuse before the game I was fully expecting to be safe.

I just don't see us having the heart/fight for the battle.

The only upside I can find is that the protests will be louder and angrier come the end of the season.

Just sell the club.
  • Options

Fully expecting to go down now. Not sure why bexcuse before the game I was fully expecting to be safe.

I just don't see us having the heart/fight for the battle.

If not this season sure it will be the next...

Just Sell The Club

• Options
    I said over a year ago that a boycott was the only possible chance of getting Roland to sell. The I was told by many on here that the demo's and Card were winning. If it's only 85%-90% effective: for God's sake boycott now
  • Options
    KINSELLA7 said:

I said over a year ago that a boycott was the only possible chance of getting Roland to sell. The I was told by many on here that the demo's and Card were winning. If it's only 85%-90% effective: for God's sake boycott now

Out of interest, in what way is the boycott effective? Over a year ago we were in the Championship, we are currently in the 1st Division and rapidly heading towards the 2nd Division where the business model of bringing youth players through to sell them on probably works even better. Roland and Katrien are still in situ. By all accounts it looks like RD's personal wealth is outstripping any loss of income from the unquantified number of boycotters that may be withholding in the form of their ticket money and the outlay/loans being made to the business that is CAFC; and despite countless 'rumours' that there are buyers lining up to take the club off RD's hands in all reality it's probably total BS until proven otherwise. Boycotting just means out of sight, out of mind.
  • Options
    5% 7th-12th ......... 90% 13th-20th ........ 5% Relegation

Zzzzzzz
  • Options
    Struggling to see how Robinson remains. All I can think of is that either Duchatalet is keeping him to punish supporters or Meire has read an article about how clubs need to stick with managers longer than they are. The latter would be all well and good were it not for the reality that fans and seemingly players can see Robinson has no substance or skill to back the stream of garbage he spouts.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

The Kermorgant point is spot on but i'm not having this shite about Ajose.

He was trash here, no physical strength and couldn't score.

But can for Swindon.

Go figure.
    But he has still scored four more than Watt has Ironically Robinson outed him because he did not fit his formation but almost every game since he went we've gone 2 up front, it is at the moment Watt 30apps 3 goals 1in 10 and Ajose 32app 11Goals I in just under 3, I know who I would rather have at our position in the div.