Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We Are NOT Safe! Projected Final Table Standings Based on Current Form

Comments

• Options

Tbh if I had a bet on Charlton going down and the bet came off I don't think I could look at my family or friends in the eye any more.

Because you spent your winnings on platform shoes?
    No because of the guilt LOL
    I've backed us to get relegated. Once in August and again more recently.
    I won't feel guilt because it won't be my fault we've gone down.
  • Options

Tbh if I had a bet on Charlton going down and the bet came off I don't think I could look at my family or friends in the eye any more.

But there is a difference between reckoning we 'will go down' and 'putting a bet on it'.

Last season particularly when the 2nd 11 game winless set in I started to reckon we would go down bu never once put any money money on it.
  • Options
    Emotional hedge
  • Options
    edited March 2017

But there is a difference between reckoning we 'will go down' and 'putting a bet on it'.

Last season particularly when the 2nd 11 game winless set in I started to reckon we would go down bu never once put any money money on it.
    I'd say that's exactly the time to bet. I'm very selective on my bets (mainly horses). I had the bet pre season because I thought the odds were generous at the time, given the way the club is mismanaged.

Each to their own. If we were to go down I won't be able to look my family in the eyes either. That's because of the sunglasses we'll be wearing on a Caribbean beach.

Not to say I'll be gutted, if it happens.
    Exactly the same here. Good odds and I couldn't see us tearing the league up. The only difference between reckoning we might go down and putting a bet on it is the money and the conviction. Consolation bet.....
  • Options
    Ummmmmmmmm.....

4 points out of the zone and 6 matches left.
  • Options
    Time to bring back Jose Riga ?
  • Options

Time to bring back Jose Riga ?

Should never have got rid of him first time round
  • Options
    Another thought concerning Roland's place in Charlton's history.

If we go down, we will probably be kicking off next season three leagues below Palarse.

We haven't been three leagues below them since some time in our pre-FL history, if ever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Another thought concerning Roland's place in Charlton's history.

If we go down, we will probably be kicking off next season three leagues below Palarse.

We haven't been three leagues below them since some time in our pre-FL history, if ever.

Says it all really
  • Options

Top 6 budget, best we can get is 7th, Roland don't do failure.
  • Options
    Just looked at your chart, Guinness ..... and it's still possible for Millwall to finish below Charlton.

But unfortunately we could just miss out on the play offs.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Problem with that table is the lowest position assumes you lose every game and everyone else wins. The highest you win every game whilst everyone loses which simply isn't possible.

I'm still on the same page I was a few months back, we'll finish 18th.
  • Options
    So.... can we still get 60-1 odds to go down from bettors?
  • Options

100 at bill hill
  • Options
    Obviously more CAFC fans with PP accounts......down to 33 there
  • Options
    shine166 said:

100 at bill hill
    If you're looking at oddschecker, it's wrong. 33/1 with WH is the actual price. 40/1 best on offer with Sky Bet

• Options
    1 win in our last 14 in the League, just a few points from relegation and 40-1?

Can Americans start accounts with Sky Bet? That sounds like a no-brainer.
  • Options

1 win in our last 14 in the League, just a few points from relegation and 40-1?

Can Americans start accounts with Sky Bet? That sounds like a no-brainer.

Your original table suggested that we would indeed be fine, any ideas how it looks now ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Our play off hopes are over.

We never had a prayer of getting a play off place. Even earlier in the season when we were higher in the league I had absolute faith in our leadership's ability to takes us down to the depths of almost getting relegated. Now I'm very worried they may exceed my fears.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Trying to be more positive this morning, which isn't easy.

Between us and the drop are Swindon, Shrewsbury, Port Vale, Gillingham, Oldham and Bury.

On the basis we still have to play Swindon, Port Vale and Gillingham (& Chesterfield but discounting that as effecting anything, they are as good as down or will be once we play them) if we lose to Swindon & Port Vale I think we have a high chance of relegation, likely on the last day as they'd only need another win or a couple of draws to over take us.

Shrewsbury & Swindon other than against us aren't playing anyone in the bottom 9 though. Port Vale have a tuff run in, their game in hand could be vital for them.

Robinson needs to set up defensively now and accept a couple of draws and maybe nick a win, 5 at the back if necessary of Solly, Tex, Pearce, Bauer and Chicksen.

If he has to go for a win then Chesterfield away is probably the place to do it as nothing to lose against them and maybe Coventry.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Between us and the drop are Swindon, Shrewsbury, Port Vale, Gillingham, Oldham and Bury.

On the basis we still have to play Swindon, Shrewsbury and Gillingham (& Chesterfield but discounting that as effecting anything, they are as good as down or will be once we play them) if we lose to Swindon & Shrewsbury I think we have a high chance of relegation, likely on the last day as they'd only need another win or a couple of draws to over take us.

Shrewsbury & Swindon other than against us aren't playing anyone in the bottom 9 though. Port Vale have a tuff run in, their game in hand could be vital for them.

Robinson needs to set up defensively now and accept a couple of draws and maybe nick a win, 5 at the back if necessary of Solly, Tex, Pearce, Bauer and Chicksen.

If he has to go for a win then Chesterfield away is probably the place to do it as nothing to lose against them.

Rob I think you will find it is Coventry we are playing not Shrewsbury in the final 5 games
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Doh, that's blown that then!! Edited

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:

On the basis we still have to play Swindon, Port Vale and Gillingham (& Chesterfield but discounting that as effecting anything, they are as good as down or will be once we play them) if we lose to Swindon & Port Vale I think we have a high chance of relegation, likely on the last day as they'd only need another win or a couple of draws to over take us.

If he has to go for a win then Chesterfield away is probably the place to do it as nothing to lose against them and maybe Coventry.

No problem: We picked up 8 points already against these teams this season! Mind you 7 of those points were gained under Slades management oops! :neutral:
  • Options
    Can we survive without winning another game?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    no, we cannot.

We need about 3-5 points to be safe and I don't see us getting 3-5 draws between now and the end.

I am waiting for the Swindon result today and then redoing my original projections.

I can say that if Swindon wins their third straight today and beats Sheffield, then we are in serious doo doo. We play them the last match of the season and the whole enchilada could come down to that match.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    I posted this on the post match thread, courtesy of twitter or Face-book, I cant remember which one!!

I think a relegation battle is now in full swing, please see below-:

Number of points won by the bottom 9 in last 12 games-

Charlton - 6
    Chesterfield - 9
    Coventry - 11
    Gills - 12
    Port Vale and Swindon - 13
    Shrewsbury - 14
    Oldam - 17
    Bury - 19