Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Fleetwood - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Views of the north and west stands about ten minutes in yesterday

• Options
    Don't care if these Belgian twats do sarcasm or not.

Thanks Roland and Katie!
  • Options

Airman, what do you reckon the actual attendance was yesterday?
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Airman, what do you reckon the actual attendance was yesterday?
    7,500 maximum would be my guess. I don't have the east stand from yesterday though.

Looking at the same pics from previous matches, yesterday was slightly down on Bristol Rovers but looks slightly better than Peterborough and obviously better than Port Vale, which was declared under 9,000.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

And a home "crowd" of under 10,000.

When was the last time we saw an official home Saturday crowd that small?

To be fair you could fit the Fleetwood contingent on a skate board or two
    Still less than 10k though and that's just the higher tickets sold/given out count not the turnstile count.
  • Options
    Another false Belgian dawn breaks over SE10.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @Airman Brown Tex on 12k pw? WTF
  • Options
    3rd lowest home Saturday attendance this season.

We must be getting close to season ticket renewal being advertised for the upcoming season.
  • Options

I am very confident of that figure - and there are other shockers out there too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I am very confident of that figure - and there are other shockers out there too.
    Not doubting your sources but still thinking WTF
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    The Tex contract is indeed a shocker. KM has said she loves doing the deals, but not as much as the agents eh?
    I am also a bit shocked by Dillon Phillips contract. I have heard that you can get twenty, yes twenty Dillon Phillipses for one Texiera.
  • Options
    Sometimes it feels like this whole Charlton Athletic thing is falling apart.
  • Options

JonnyK said:

What are these signs of improvement you are seeing @KINSELLA7? Genuine Q as I am struggling to look beyond:

- mid table in League One
    - squad too thin and over reliant on loans
    - poor disciplinary record
    - dwindling crowds
    - growing debt

Don't understand why you're concerned with the growing debt? That's the owner's problem and from what I understand it is loose change to him. Why are we concerned with his private financial arrangements?

But it's not his debt, it's Charlton's debt. RD has loaned the club money, not given it. All needs to be paid up when Roly sails into the sunset.
    This is a total misunderstanding. A shareholder's loan is always treated as equity by any purchaser & does NOT have to be repaid.
    It does if the seller is insistent on getting his money back - and the seller sets the price.

To put it another way, does anyone seriously think the debt won't be a factor in the eventual selling price? Indeed in 2014 it was almost the only factor.

RD could sell it tomorrow for what he paid for it and it's very hard to see how he has added value once you allow for relegation.
    Of course, which is exactly the same way that it would be treated by the seller if it had been put in as equity. It is not, however, correct to imply that somehow the loan has to be repaid outside of any purchase price paid.
  • Options

That is staggering. It's great that we've got a CEO that knows what they are doing.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Sometimes it feels like this whole Charlton Athletic thing is falling apart.

Unfortunately I think you are right.
    Yesterday cost me £70. Money I really think could be better spent elsewhere.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

And a home "crowd" of under 10,000.

When was the last time we saw an official home Saturday crowd that small?

To be fair you could fit the Fleetwood contingent on a skate board or two
    Their % of away to home support would be the same as ours, all relative.
  • Options

I thought the atmosphere at the valley yesterday was as flat as I've ever known it, with the exception of the minutes applause which was very good.
    The match itself was boring and the substitutions baffling, massive improvement is needed for us to have any chance of reaching the playoffs

After guzzling many pints in Crossbars(increasing the wealth of Duchatelet into the bargain) before the game, I would have thought you could have stoked up a better atmosphere.
  • Options

I thought the atmosphere at the valley yesterday was as flat as I've ever known it, with the exception of the minutes applause which was very good.
    The match itself was boring and the substitutions baffling, massive improvement is needed for us to have any chance of reaching the playoffs

After guzzling many pints in Crossbars(increasing the wealth of Duchatelet into the bargain) before the game, I would have thought you could have stoked up a better atmosphere.
    Watch it shorty
  • Options
    edited February 2017

JonnyK said:

What are these signs of improvement you are seeing @KINSELLA7? Genuine Q as I am struggling to look beyond:

- mid table in League One
    - squad too thin and over reliant on loans
    - poor disciplinary record
    - dwindling crowds
    - growing debt

Don't understand why you're concerned with the growing debt? That's the owner's problem and from what I understand it is loose change to him. Why are we concerned with his private financial arrangements?

But it's not his debt, it's Charlton's debt. RD has loaned the club money, not given it. All needs to be paid up when Roly sails into the sunset.
    This is a total misunderstanding. A shareholder's loan is always treated as equity by any purchaser & does NOT have to be repaid.
    It does if the seller is insistent on getting his money back - and the seller sets the price.

To put it another way, does anyone seriously think the debt won't be a factor in the eventual selling price? Indeed in 2014 it was almost the only factor.

RD could sell it tomorrow for what he paid for it and it's very hard to see how he has added value once you allow for relegation.
    Of course, which is exactly the same way that it would be treated by the seller if it had been put in as equity. It is not, however, correct to imply that somehow the loan has to be repaid outside of any purchase price paid.
    Agreed - although actually the £7m to the former directors (which I accept is slightly different) does have to be repaid or an agreement reached on it with them. We're also at a point now where the interest on the Staprix loan - including the purchase price element of the debt, which is basically the same debt that accumulated under the spivs 2011-14 and was carried over - is rolling up to become significant of itself in the debt figure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2017

You need to make your mind up elfs 2 days ago you were moaning we could have a divide with those going Northampton and Belgium and we are all Charlton.
    Today your having a pop at someone for drinking in crossbars.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

You need to make your mind up elfs 2 days ago you were moaning we could have a divide with those going Northampton and Belgium and we are all Charlton.
    Today your having a pop at someone for drinking in crossbars.
    No connection whatsoever.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Even in the first half when we had plenty of possesion we lacked penetration. A man to take on the fullback and get a cross in, a playmaker that can spot a run and make a telling pass. Konsa and Aribo looked classy, Crofts worked tirelessly, but Byrne disappointed a little.
    But I think one more signing to give the midfield some punch was really what we lacked.

I also think we improved after half time. We looked far more energetic and had Fleetwood (whoever they are) on the back foot.
    And then the bloody linesman injured himself. What a farce. We never got going after that. The wind had been taken out of our sails.

Following your point on penetration.
    I noticed that the Fleetwood right back in the first half was tight to the touch line, often with further defensive support behind him to prevent Chicksen playing the ball down the line to a runner such as Holmes.
    As such, Chicksen's body language changed and he was positioning himself sideways on to receive the ball to enable himself to make the back pass as there was no forward option.
    What should have happened is that he should have received support from the midfield to enable the one two behind the full backs with Chicksen making the forward run to receive the ball passed behind the defenders.
    The worst thing that could have happened was Chicksen would be block fouled so at least there would be some benefit.
    As it was, they knew that by sitting tight to the touchline when Chicksen was receiving, the ball was always going to go backwards.

This is why I'd like to have seen the young lads given a crack to have a run at them and create width and thus open up the park with more space.
  • Options

3rd lowest home Saturday attendance this season.

We must be getting close to season ticket renewal being advertised for the upcoming season.

You'd normally look to do this around the Bury game on February 25th, being Football for a Fiver and about five or six weeks before any April deadline with two paydays for many people to plan.
  • Options
    Without knowing if figures stack up, I reckon the Belgians will have to bank on us not going up and there will be further people not renewing. On this basis I think they will look at reducing prices with the potential of a set price in each of the stands.
  • Options
    We got what we deserved after sitting on a 1-0 lead. You could see the goal coming once Fleetwood started to apply some pressure and the last 10 mins were painful to watch. Holmes swan dive trying to con the ref into giving him free kick was embarrassing and then to top it off he goes and does their defender. Wasn't sure at first about sending off but seeing the replay Byrnes red card was deserved as his foot almost surgically removes David Balls knee.