Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Fleetwood - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    A stinking hangover and the inevitable "stay at home" shout from my kids when offered a rare choice between going to Charlton or not meant I didn't even know Fleetwood had equalised till I took a sneaky look on my phone in Wildwood at 5.30 .
    The sad thing is the annoyance level of that equaliser is minimal to what it would have been in years gone by , my Charlton life has been drained away by this Belgium circus .
    The league is pony and I still do believe the play offs are a possibility .

0% Top two ......... 17% 3rd-6th ......... 65% 7th-12th ......... 18% 13th-20th ......0% relegation

100% Roland Out
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I think there was something missing yesterday, but that something was clearly big Josh. Of course we can make the play offs still - but we do need to turn draws into wins and have a bit of luck with injuries.
  • Options
    We are currently averaging just under 1.5 points per game in 28 games and have averaged 1.5 points in our last six matches. Statistically in the long haul we haven't been good enough and neither in our famous, current unbeaten run.

There is just one play off place left up for grabs as the gap to fifth is ten more points.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

We could have done with Watt not missing an open goal tbh

He was offside anyway.
  • Options
    supaclive said:

We are currently averaging just under 1.5 points per game in 28 games and have averaged 1.5 points in our last six matches. Statistically in the long haul we haven't been good enough and neither in our famous, current unbeaten run.

There is just one play off place left up for grabs as the gap to fifth is ten more points.

We've averaged 2 points a game in the last 6. The introduction of 3 points for a win obviously passed you by.
  • Options

supaclive said:

We've averaged 2 points a game in the last 6. The introduction of 3 points for a win obviously passed you by.
    My bad! Hangover.
  • Options
    supaclive said:

supaclive said:

My bad! Hangover.
    Easily done. I remember building a school biology essay around the fact that human blood was close to boiling point at 98.6 degrees!

There was every chance that I had a hangover that day too.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    KINSELLA7 said:

Oakster said:

KINSELLA7 said:

you don't believe the PR any more than I do. But I have said all along that the continuing and obsessive but puny hostility of some fans is a complete waste of time. A man like Roland is just egged on by this to keep to any plan, misconceived or not, that he has.

It may be a "complete waste of time" to you - thankfully there are many out there committed to opposing this regime & actively doing something about it.

Unless you enjoy being patronised, manipulated & lied to by a group of paid sycophants hanging grimly on to an arrogant, stay-away owner - while the club wallows in L1 mediocrity - you will thank the obsessive, puny & hostile fans that finally one day drive them out of our club.

That's where you're completely self-deceived. I want him to sell but you will not effect him or the timing of when he does. It will be his decision or the result of other factors. You and your well intentioned group may then claim credit but you will not have earned it. Meanwhile .................
    Hmm, not necessarily. Duchatelet is a very proud man, and I'm fairly sure he's not enjoying the damage to his reputation, particularly in Belgium. Imagine if the attendances were much higher, and the crowd got unrelentingly behind the team, game after game, no matter what he did. Do you think he'd sell the club then?
  • Options
    Results are everything and it felt like a loss but we played well for all but 10 minutes. Hopefully Novak wont be used again because his substitution meant we were down to 10 men. I understand that jackson was the only possible left back to replace an injured chicksen and he did ok there but the substitutions turned the game and robinson will have to learn the reducing the capacity of our team to get and keep possession by substituting the players he did give the opponent the ball. It shows how good chicksen and holmes are that we fell apart without them. Next time bring on someone other than novak as i fear he is another ajose without the arrogance. Tony Watt was my man of the match for the sheer effort and ability he showed especially in defence and it would be good to see magennis and him together. Lots of positives from a game where we deserved to win.
  • Options
    HandG said:

Redrobo said:

We played very well in first half and Konsa is one of the very best youngplayers we have ever had.

How did Watt mis that open goal. 2 nil up, game over.

I thought JJ was very poor at LB and was lucky a couple of times when well beaten. Why oh why did we not put DeSilva on? Was that not why he was on the bench?

I would have put the guy on up front. We needed someone to hold it up a bit, but Ido not think it wouldhave mademuch ddifference.

I think we played really well in the first half, but Watt is not good enough to lead the line.

Ref letalot go. 5 handballs for instance and not one given. He seemed a bit confused throughout.

Good game, shame we could not hang on.

Flag was up for offside. He should have still hit the target though!
    I thought he flagged for a goal kick?
    I thought he looked well offside, so wasn't too bothered when he missed. But I agree with you, the lino didn't flag till the ball went over and he appeared to signal a goal kick. When the keeper tried to place the ball where Watt had been standing, the ref made him move it back to the six yard box. Conclusion: horrendous miss that cost us 3 points!
  • Options
    Taken from the East Stand a couple of minutes before kick off.
  • Options

JonnyK said:

What are these signs of improvement you are seeing @KINSELLA7? Genuine Q as I am struggling to look beyond:

- mid table in League One
    - squad too thin and over reliant on loans
    - poor disciplinary record
    - dwindling crowds
    - growing debt

Don't understand why you're concerned with the growing debt? That's the owner's problem and from what I understand it is loose change to him. Why are we concerned with his private financial arrangements?

But it's not his debt, it's Charlton's debt. RD has loaned the club money, not given it. All needs to be paid up when Roly sails into the sunset.
    This is a total misunderstanding. A shareholder's loan is always treated as equity by any purchaser & does NOT have to be repaid.
  • Options
    I know it is all about opinions but aside from the goal I thought they had the better chances in the first half and were the better team over 55 minutes in the second half.

The problem with the argument that we just need to convert draws into wins is that most of the drawn games I've seen have been closer to defeats than to wins.

We have a higher proportion of talented players than most teams in the division, including Fleetwood, but we are a collection of parts and will remain so until He Who Must Be Obeyed decides to leave a manager in charge for at least a couple of seasons.

That was a clear sending off offence and Holmes could have gone too, so discipline is something else for the manager to sort out.
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:

I truly believe this could be the beginning of the end of RD's reign. I don't have any inside info, I'm not spreading a rumour, just my opinion. As I said earlier, we're not built to go up as a club. I truly believe he'll take a look at it come May and put us up for sale at a reasonable price. If he doesn't it's another season funding a loss making club and he's definitely not going to give KR any real funds.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Even in the first half when we had plenty of possesion we lacked penetration. A man to take on the fullback and get a cross in, a playmaker that can spot a run and make a telling pass. Konsa and Aribo looked classy, Crofts worked tirelessly, but Byrne disappointed a little.
    But I think one more signing to give the midfield some punch was really what we lacked.

I also think we improved after half time. We looked far more energetic and had Fleetwood (whoever they are) on the back foot.
    And then the bloody linesman injured himself. What a farce. We never got going after that. The wind had been taken out of our sails.
  • Options

I thought Fleetwood were very good at closing CAFC down.
    Took some good skill from JFC to open up the Cod army.
    Need big Josh back, as Tony Watt needs the support that he didn't get today. Thought magic feet did well as lone striker, even if he did an impression of Ajosie with that row Z Shot.

This will be the season of what if ?

The lack of a 24 goal striker will cost us dear at the end of this Campaign.
    Plus i think we will lose the least amount of games in this division.

Funny old game.

They certainly have a 'Crazy Gang' type spirit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bellz2002 said:

Thank you Roland.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Leuth said:

He was offside anyway.
    Flag only went up to give the goal kick......not for off side....the flag was horizontal not vertical .
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Missed it today as under the weather with a heavy cold / flu.

The most important thing about the match today as far as I'm concerned was the tribute planned for young Liam Meadows. Hope it went well and both the applause and Valley Floyd Road were loud and proud.

Probably just a cold. Most people tend to exaggerate the flu thing. If you had the flu you would probably be in no position to want to post on here. Just treat yourself to a drop of Lemsip and Vicks Vapour Rub.

(This advice was courtesy of the Dr Baz Sunday morning surgery. Whilst financial reward is not sought, please feel free to donate some money to your favourite charity).
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

Leuth said:

He was offside anyway.
    Flag only went up to give the goal kick......not for off side....the flag was horizontal not vertical .
    Agree with that.
  • Options
    I thought the atmosphere at the valley yesterday was as flat as I've ever known it, with the exception of the minutes applause which was very good.
    The match itself was boring and the substitutions baffling, massive improvement is needed for us to have any chance of reaching the playoffs
  • Options
    JonnyK said:

JonnyK said:

What are these signs of improvement you are seeing @KINSELLA7? Genuine Q as I am struggling to look beyond:

- mid table in League One
    - squad too thin and over reliant on loans
    - poor disciplinary record
    - dwindling crowds
    - growing debt

Don't understand why you're concerned with the growing debt? That's the owner's problem and from what I understand it is loose change to him. Why are we concerned with his private financial arrangements?

But it's not his debt, it's Charlton's debt. RD has loaned the club money, not given it. All needs to be paid up when Roly sails into the sunset.
    ?? Don't think so. If the sale price is less than the o/s debt you don't think the owner is going to demand repayment from the new owner do you?

The sale contract will wipe out the personal debt to RD.

If RD called in the debt tomorrow in a fit of pique the club would go into Administration and dozens of interested parties would be all over the Administrator to purchase the club even with a points deduction. You may care to think back to Southampton and his thrur Phoenix rose from the ashes.

As I say it is debt that is 'as soft at shite' - quoting Plank in Lock Stock.
    You are deluded.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    JamesSeed said:

KINSELLA7 said:

Oakster said:

KINSELLA7 said:

you don't believe the PR any more than I do. But I have said all along that the continuing and obsessive but puny hostility of some fans is a complete waste of time. A man like Roland is just egged on by this to keep to any plan, misconceived or not, that he has.

It may be a "complete waste of time" to you - thankfully there are many out there committed to opposing this regime & actively doing something about it.

Unless you enjoy being patronised, manipulated & lied to by a group of paid sycophants hanging grimly on to an arrogant, stay-away owner - while the club wallows in L1 mediocrity - you will thank the obsessive, puny & hostile fans that finally one day drive them out of our club.

That's where you're completely self-deceived. I want him to sell but you will not effect him or the timing of when he does. It will be his decision or the result of other factors. You and your well intentioned group may then claim credit but you will not have earned it. Meanwhile .................
    Hmm, not necessarily. Duchatelet is a very proud man, and I'm fairly sure he's not enjoying the damage to his reputation, particularly in Belgium. Imagine if the attendances were much higher, and the crowd got unrelentingly behind the team, game after game, no matter what he did. Do you think he'd sell the club then?
    Good post but how much damage is actually being done to his reputation in Belgium? How do we actually measure or quantify that? I am not convinced that his parody ownership of CAFC will have any impact on his standing in Belgium from a businessman perspective. Said it before and will say it again, we are merely an inconsequential side show for him; a little play thing on a weekend when he's sitting at home dribbling over his pictures of the CEO whilst manically rocking in his chair (visualise that bad boy - yuk!!).

Let's hope that the continued excellent effort of the trips to Belgium can somehow change that and eventually get him to knock it on the head.