Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post 2000 worst Charlton XI

Thuram as goalkeeper .....

Doherty Llera Traore Sarr
Kerkar Faye Pouso Green

Polish Pete and McLeod up front

Any suggestions? I realise my defence is a bit heavy on centre halves.

Comments

• This is actually a really tough ask. You can narrow it down a bit I think and go from 2007/08 onwards
  • Borrowdale?
  • Thuram/Weaver
    Francis Johnson Seaborne Traore Fox
    Ba Faye
    Mooney Tucudean Reza

5-2-3 formation with wing backs.This team would not be competitive in League 2
  • Llera?! He could be erratic granted but was nowhere near as bad as some of the crap we have had. I actually liked him.
  • No place for ex-Roma superstar Loic Nego?!
  • edited February 2017
    Thuram
    Nego | Doherty | Johnson | Traore
    Blomqvist | Faye | Walton | Christensen
    Reza | Nouble

Edit: I've taken out Pouso and Sinclair...

Bad as they were, we've paid money for worse who didnt even get a game!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Bally Smart? Never saw him play just assuming he was shit.
  • Haven't got the time - far too hard a task sadly.
  • How can you include pouso. Who played a half of football and wasn't pitiful in that. This is the wrong place for him. He's stealing a place from players who did more to earn their spot in this team.

Fair enough... As @MrLargo says... the likes of Dean Sinclair were complete wastes of money and never even got into the First Team (Simon Walton was worse as he cost almost £1m didnt he?)
  • Thuram as goalkeeper .....

Kerkar Faye Pouso Green

I think its unfair to put Polish Pete in there. We literally got to see him play 3mins
  • Thuram as goalkeeper .....

Kerkar Faye Pouso Green

I think its unfair to put Polish Pete in there. We literally got to see him play 3mins
    Plus from Getting to Know the Network it sounds like he was prepared to make the effort (in Pre-Season etc.) yet the owners never gave him the opportunity to settle here in England!!
  • Marcus Bent surely, especially given the cost.
  • Thuram

Doherty, Traore, Johnson, Sarr

Lee Cook, Sinclair, Bryan Hughes

Hasselbaink, George, Carlton Cole
  • How can you include pouso. Who played a half of football and wasn't pitiful in that. This is the wrong place for him. He's stealing a place from players who did more to earn their spot in this team.

He was such a negative influence that Mark Kinsella had to take him running round Charlton Park just to get him away from the rest of the squad. A truly Roland-esque signing and worth his place in the side. Think he cost us a few quid for that 45 minutes of football as well.
  • To think we used to build these teams around Viggo Jacobsen and Gary Churchouse, they would be Lampard and Gerrard compared to some of these.
  • Sponsored links:

• Only one choice as head coach - Fraeye although Dowie pushes him close
  • DanDavis said:

Get out of town with Bryan Hughes, he was alright!

he used to get on my nerves. I swear curbs used to order him to mark a blade of grass in the middle of the pitch most games.
  • Thuram

Koc Williams Johnson Seabourne

Fleetwood ****** Lepoint McElleney

Nouble Polish Pete.

The ***** was related (possible brother as same surname) to a famous quality footballer only played a couple of times but was truly appalling so slow and off the pace it was unbelievable was released before end of contract. Someone else must remember him. Unfortunately a lot to chose from over recent years.
  • Thuram

Koc Williams Johnson Seabourne

Fleetwood ****** Lepoint McElleney

Nouble Polish Pete.

The ***** was related (possible brother as same surname) to a famous quality footballer only played a couple of times but was truly appalling so slow and off the pace it was unbelievable was released before end of contract. Someone else must remember him. Unfortunately a lot to chose from over recent years.

Mikel Alonso?
  • Thuram
    Nego, Doherty, Johnson, Seabourne
    Pouso, Faye, Anil Koc, Smart
    Polish Pete, Nouble
  • That's the fella was driving me mad trying to remember his name thanks Talal.
  • Abbott. Carlton Cole .