Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Millwall | Sat 14 Jan | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

1235»

Comments

• Options
    I have a feeling Robinson has the players fitter than under Slade. With today's bench being as strong as it is I expect us to be to strong for them in the second half. 2-0 win. Please God.
  • Options
    Haven't read the thread. Is there a remote chance of a stream today?
  • Options

Good chance o a golden shower if we lose...
  • Options
    I have bought tickets for my son and I. My brother is coming back from a skiing holiday but thinks he will be able to make the game. He has a purchasing history - can somebody advise if he will be able to buy a ticket before the game.
  • Options
    Mate and his kid want to go now, so I've had to get them tickets. Boycott broken (wimp, I know!). COYA!
  • Options
    I havebought the 2 I am allowed to and he is currently on a plane
  • Options
    I'll take a point now against that lot.

Charlton and victory against Millwall don't go together unfortunately.
  • Options
    After the den I vowed never again - who was I kidding - I've just taken the afternoon off work and am coming.

Anyone got a spare? Would rather pay a fan than roland
  • Options
    If I was going off the back of a cup win knocking out a Prem team and had won the earlier fixture, I would expect to win today. However, experience tells us those are the ones you lose. On that basis, we could win today. Main worry is all the debutants and people returning from injury - you need a settled team to be successful and we are far from settled. 4-1 to the Addicks!!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I am a great believer in the law of averages - that law is so in our favour it is unreal! I don't believe in Murphy's law thank God as that law would be a problem today!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I have bought tickets for my son and I. My brother is coming back from a skiing holiday but thinks he will be able to make the game. He has a purchasing history - can somebody advise if he will be able to buy a ticket before the game.

You've answered your own question. If he has a purchase history he should be able to buy 2. If he has a problem get someone else in the queue to buy him one.
  • Options

I will probably kick myself at 5 pm on Saturday for saying this, but for the first time in about 10 years, I go into this derby match with a good feeling.

Too many of our fans have been brainwashed by the we haven't beaten them for nearly 21 years....we didn't play them for 13 years because they were a league or two below .. the first time we played them after the glory years was Dec 09 so just over 7 years ago . Sorry for being pedantic
    If it was the other way around, who would be crowing that they haven't beaten us in 7 years?
  • Options
    Putting untested new players and inexperienced youth teamers in against Millwall is a very big gamble. If it goes wrong we could get overrun
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    They have been on a good run but if we beat them we are above them. They are nothing special and hopefully today will show it.
  • Options

Depends on if you're willing to make the journey to Trump Tower...
  • Options
    Charlton 1-3 Millwall
  • Options
    2 up after 60 minutes, the lack of match fitness tells and Millwall score 3 in front of the spanners. Nightmare time.
    Please let me be wrong.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Amazed at the positivity in relation to this.

We all know what will happen. We'll start ok, people will start believing and the next time you glance at the scoreboard it will say 0-2 and 10 mins to go.

0-3.
  • Options
    2-1 Millwall. Team of leaders as someone else said before against untested new and young players. Unless watt gets half hour and turns on the style... :)
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Has Karl told the world what the team is and tactics are yet? :open_mouth:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

Has Karl told the world what the team is and tactics are yet? :open_mouth:

No he usually does that 20-30 minutes before kick off where other teams will have seen the team sheet and know what our tactics will be anyway.
  • Options
    Nervous day... A win is vital at this point, if we get any further from the playoffs we're going to make it A LOT harder for ourselves. Doesn't help that this comes against Millwall who also vitally need a win for similar reasons.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

I think Charlton will fail to win. Injuries may hamper us and, knowing our luck against Millwall, we'll probably have a goal disallowed.

:wink: