Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Millwall | Sat 14 Jan | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Ben Thompson will boss the midfield and Morrison/o'brien/Gregory have more goals in them than Magennis.
  • Options
    1-2 Millwall.

We will never beat them.
  • Options
    We are chronically short of leaders, they have a team full of them - if we go a goal up, the Spanners players will be geeing each other up, they'll be able to fight their way back into it. If they go a goal up then who is going to do that for us - our heads will drop whilst their confidence rises.

That was how it panned out at The Den, Jacko and Fox were doing their bit to fire people up but you need more than two, and we've not even got those two tomorrow. Men against boys.

Baffled by the few comments that suggest we're better now than when we played them at The Toolbox. We've sold our best player and brought in some more unproven youngsters. I think the Scum will win comfortably, and it'll have nothing to do with the curse, and everything to do with the fact that they've got a decent side and we haven't.
  • Options
    neck on the line , 2-0 to us - Aribo and Byrne - two quick goals after half time
  • Options
    Breaking my boycott for this as my son wanted to go, and has convinced me to go. We all know that we have not had the team show up for this fixture in years !
    We score first 1-1 they score first lose 3-0.
  • Options
    1 - 1 (Watt 89)
  • Options

3-0 up, then on 85 minutes a freak blizzard starts and blankets the pitch, and the game is abandoned.

The Charlton fans are kept in for 5 hours afterwards so that the Millwall fans can get home safely, resulting in the Queen Elizabeth hospital being overwhelmed by hundreds of Charlton fans suffering from hypothermia. The Metropolitan Police declare the day "a great success".

Is that hyperthermia thingy a new dance?
  • Options

1-2 Millwall.

We will never beat them.

Never say never
  • Options
    Watt will score a 92nd min winner and the valley will erupt
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Snow....Lee Bowyer back on the scene....You know what that means, don't you?

Millwall win :-(
  • Options
    edited January 2017

1 - 1 (Watt 89)

Has Watt been cleared to play ?
  • Options

We will never beat them.

The first time I saw Charlton beat Millwall, Alan Campbell scored a wonderful solo winner.
    And it was in a January.

See? It can be done. You just have to live long enough.

• Options
    I've written a preview for the Trust. As usual, their win over us has led to a good run of form, so it's likely to be tricky. Chicksen has been good in midfield, but personally I'd stick him at left-back and try Dasilva on the left wing. I agree with SDAddick that Millwall may well target our left-back (or indeed both full-backs given Solly's lack of height too) with crosses, and while Chicksen's slightly shorter than Page (but taller than Dasilva), he's more experienced. I think JFC and Holmes are more likely to be on the bench alongside Watt than in the starting line-up, but I'm not 100%.
  • Options
    Is the game going ahead?
  • Options
    Hoping we can actually beat them, but I fancy a draw 1-1
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I think we'll thrash them....... Now where did I put my medication?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

We will never beat them.

The first time I saw Charlton beat Millwall, Alan Campbell scored a wonderful solo winner.
    And it was in a January.

See? It can be done. You just have to live long enough.

I remember that as well. COYAs
  • Options

Watt is going to come off the bench to get a late winner and The Valley is going to go mental.

You've gone mental already........

• Options
    This season whenever it has looked good and we will push on then we slump back to step one again. Cue Millwall. We never beat them and this will be no different. Another 3-1 to Millwall but at least we can look into that away end and smile at our friends from the Den. Very amusing lot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The main question is... Will the pubs be open pre-game?
  • Options

The main question is... Will the pubs be open pre-game?

It's been said on here that The Bugle & The Swan are definitely open to Charlton supporters.
  • Options
    What time do they lock the gates to keep the Charlton fans in?
  • Options
    Off typic.

Anyone know of any secure parking around the ends?
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Off typic.

Anyone know of any secure parking around the ends?

Dartford and get the train?
  • Options
    Come on you Reds !!!!!
    (Get it right just this once....)
  • Options
    edited January 2017

I will probably kick myself at 5 pm on Saturday for saying this, but for the first time in about 10 years, I go into this derby match with a good feeling.

Too many of our fans have been brainwashed by the we haven't beaten them for nearly 21 years....we didn't play them for 13 years because they were a league or two below .. the first time we played them after the glory years was Dec 09 so just over 7 years ago . Sorry for being pedantic

No idea for this can see every result happening so I'll sit on the fence 1-3 to the scum.

On the small chance we do win all the scummers will be saying oh look at em it's as if they've won the cup final blah blah blah it doesn't mean as much to us trying to down play it ,liars , their loop when they continually beat us and the joy in their stands says totally different . It's their cup final as well !
  • Options
    For the first time in years of playing Millwall, I fancy us today - Charlton 2 Millwall 1

Come on you beautiful Red men!
  • Options
    3-1 to us.