Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Millwall | Sat 14 Jan | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    We are much improved on the team that went to Lewisham. If everyone plays as well as they can, on both teams, we should beat them. We need to play the ball on the ground, compete in mid-field, and stop the service Morrison.
  • Options
    1-3 to Millwall, Magennis goal to give us hope after ten minutes before the inevitable collapse. Absolute ballache getting home as police keep us back and snow causes all trains to be cancelled.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Charlton win. Snow covers the pitch and Paul Mortimer plays.
    And Millwall end up getting relegated.

I'm dreaming again.

Forecast is for snow on Saturday so it could be 'Millwall in the snow' once again.
  • Options
    Millwall most in form team over the last month (since we kick started their run).

1-3 to the scum. Sadly.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Charlton win. Snow covers the pitch and Paul Mortimer plays.
    And Millwall end up getting relegated.

I'm dreaming again.

Forecast is for snow on Saturday so it could be 'Millwall in the snow' once again.
    Anyone got Kim Grant 's phone number
  • Options
    edited January 2017

I will probably kick myself at 5 pm on Saturday for saying this, but for the first time in about 10 years, I go into this derby match with a good feeling.

Not entirely sure why, our transfer business has been okay but not knock-your-socks-off spectacular and likewise our recent form has been good but not amazing, while Millwall have been flying of late and we all know the start usually have to align for us to beat that bunch.

Still, I've jut got this feeling in my belly that we're going to do it this time... at last.

For the first time in quite a while I'm actually, just a tiny bit, excited about a Charlton match, which is usually a sure sign disappointment is coming.

A classic clinical example of Spanneronus Delusioinitis with secondary symptoms of Forlornican Hopegoneous.

I say, take a 2 litre bottle of Bells, retire to bed until Sunday and you should be relatively clear of the symptons till next season.
    The game kicks off at 8 am my time, so it might be a bit early to hit the Whisky. I'll be listening from my hotel room in the Rockies (in between trying to amuse a toddler), so I might have to take the all-natural, mumsnet approved cure for disappointment and go for a brisk hike through the snow covered mountains (maybe followed by a tour of the local craft brewery, if the fresh air doesn't fix it).
  • Options
    For once I'm thinking this will be OUR time. Addicks new look line up, TWWW back to score coming off the bench...Addicks win 3-1.... a VERY positive match thread from 1.45.................COYR's!!!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bournemouth had a newly structured side out and the Millwall teamwork put paid to them.
    We are putting a newly structured side out.
  • Options
    2-0 win. Magennis with both
  • Options
    Surely this has to be the one doesn't it?
  • Options

2-0 win. Magennis with both

Shoe-in for POTY if he scores and we win. Personally, I will take a draw now.
  • Options
    Watt is going to come off the bench to get a late winner and The Valley is going to go mental.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

@Big_Bad_World @MillwallFan do you go into this fixture with any worries, at all, ever

I actually thought you was going to beat us at the Den! I'm probably more confident this time, going to have a few quid on Millwall 3-1. But in truth it could go either way. But think there'll be goals in it. You just never know with your lot. You hammer someone one week then you're pony for a couple of games then you hammer someone again! I'm really looking forward to it. We'll make loads of noise. And it looks like a lots of your lot are breaking the boycott for it. It should be good. You'll go mental when you finally beat us. It'll be funny to watch. You genuinely will look like you've just won a cup final :wink:

• Options

cabbles said:

@Big_Bad_World @MillwallFan do you go into this fixture with any worries, at all, ever

I actually thought you was going to beat us at the Den! I'm probably more confident this time, going to have a few quid on Millwall 3-1. But in truth it could go either way. But think there'll be goals in it. You just never know with your lot. You hammer someone one week then you're pony for a couple of games then you hammer someone again! I'm really looking forward to it. We'll make loads of noise. And it looks like a lots of your lot are breaking the boycott for it. It should be good. You'll go mental when you finally beat us. It'll be funny to watch. You genuinely will look like you've just won a cup final :wink:

Behave
  • Options

cabbles said:

We might have a shout if Millwall add " Rovers" to the club name by Saturday.
  • Options
    Can I just say... I love tony watt
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton 4 Millwall 2, just to piss me off as I arrive 4 weeks later all the way from sunny Perth to a frozen Valley for 0:0 vs Oxford United...
  • Options
    I am trying to suppress that same misguided optimism I get before England humiliate themselves at international tournaments.

We have lost our best young player, have only won 2 in 9, lost at theirs in humiliating fashion only 24 days ago and we never beat them anyway, so what am I thinking of?

Maybe I too am being seduced by the scouse waffle but if we do win tomorrow Mr Gobshite Gobby will be referred to in future as Sir Gobby Robinson as a mark of respect.

1-1

• Options
    Don't understand why Ulvestad is disappearing from everyone's teamsheets, has looked good when I have seen him.
    1-1
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Bournemouth had a newly structured side out and the Millwall teamwork put paid to them.
    We are putting a newly structured side out.

Bournemouth played their 'reserve' side. One would hope we'll be playing our first team.
  • Options

Don't understand why Ulvestad is disappearing from everyone's teamsheets, has looked good when I have seen him.

He's been a bit inconsistent to be fair. He's been displaced largely by the, so far successful, trio of Crofts, Aribo and Konsa. They appear to be working well and think that keeping them together will only get better.
  • Options
    Plus I think people generally prefer the idea of having our own players in the team, rather than loanees.
  • Options

1-1

Christ completely forgot about Ulvestad... Expect him to be on the bench ahead of Lennon (from my OP)
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I've got a good feeling about the squad we're building.
    But: It'll take time to work out our best side, with some returning from injury and the new signings. It can also take a bit of time for a team to gel.
    Unfortunately Millwall are a settled side on a good run, so I'd personally settle for a draw.
    If we do gel, then I think we have the players to win the match. But it's quite a big if.

And re Ulvestad: I'd say it's either Crofts or Ulvestad, but not both at the same time.
  • Options
    jdmotion said:

I've got a good feeling about the squad we're building.
    But: It'll take time to work out our best side, with some returning from injury and the new signings. It can also take a bit of time for a team to gel.
    Unfortunately Millwall are a settled side on a good run, so I'd personally settle for a draw.
    If we do gel, then I think we have the players to win the match. But it's quite a big if.

And re Ulvestad: I'd say it's either Crofts or Ulvestad, but not both at the same time.

One would hope that Robbo would know the best team as he bought the players and it will certainly be intresting to see his first team Saturday. I agree it is either or on Fredie, and Crofts has come up on top so far. He will get his chance