Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2017

Comments

• Options

Is 'Basey' Grant by any chance? I know he can bat a bit but didn't know he was up to Kent 2s if it is him
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Is 'Basey' Grant by any chance? I know he can bat a bit but didn't know he was up to Kent 2s if it is him
    No it's Callum Basey, Grant's cousin, who currently plays for Bexley.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Good to see Adam Riley back
  • Options
    I hadn't realised that the CC resumed today, as no play was possible due to rain.

A bit rubbish that NO play was possible at Leicestershire, when all the other games today had at least some action
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Kent fielding

Leics 13-0
  • Options
    Leics 120 - 2 play delayed after tea.

has anyone been to Beckenham? ive never been personally but am thinking of going there tomorrow for the friendly between Sri Lanka and Scotland and just wondered if we need to bring chairs? as one of our party has a bit of a bad back and doesn't fancy sitting on the grass. or is there enough seating available?
  • Options
    edited May 2017

has anyone been to Beckenham? ive never been personally but am thinking of going there tomorrow for the friendly between Sri Lanka and Scotland and just wondered if we need to bring chairs? as one of our party has a bit of a bad back and doesn't fancy sitting on the grass. or is there enough seating available?

They built a small stand recently and they do put out "moveable" seats in rows. If the crowd is low you should be fine.
    I notice it's free entry.

http://www.kentcricket.co.uk/grounds/the-county-ground/
  • Options

They built a small stand recently and they do put out "moveable" seats in rows. If the crowd is low you should be fine.

thanks for that. didn't realise they were movable seats. saves lugging a couple of chairs about on the train. hopefully wont be too busy there but i guess there might be a few Sri Lankans in particular who might want to pop down. maybe the odd scot but what's the point.
  • Options

It will be fine to get a seat. I am sure you will be able to get a seat in the new stand> it's not that small and wasn't even full for Kent's one day game there last year in warm sun.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    When I said small I was comparing it to stands at The Oval or Lords.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

When I said small I was comparing it to stands at The Oval or Lords.

which tbf is what im more used to. been to both quite a number of times so when it comes to smaller cricket venues and i have someone with me who isn't too keen on a sitting on the ground (he is a right pain. always has to sit at a certain angle to see the wicket. me, i don't mind too much as long as the bar aint too far away) i never know what to expect so thanks to both of you for giving your view. hopefully will be a good game tomorrow.
  • Options
    No idea why Beckenham isn't utilised more, makes no sense to me.

Although as a Kent fan from Beckenham, I would say that...
  • Options

I feel the same about Tunbridge Wells !
  • Options

They should go back to Hesketh Park, Dartford :smile:
  • Options

I feel the same about Tunbridge Wells !
    The track at Tunbridge Wells had draw written all over it from the first over last year. I hope it's a better game this year. At least Sussex should be able to field a decent-ish team for the game this time.
  • Options
    redman said:

Toss uncontested - Kent will bat. Harris comes in for Claydon.

Bell-Drummond, Dickson, Denly, Northeast, Gidman, Stevens, Rouse, Parnell, Harris, Tredwell, Coles.

That seam attack is sensational but just look at that tail with Tredders at 10 (he's opened in the CC before) and Coles at number 11.

Now I've said that we will probably be 80 all out!

What does toss uncontested mean?
    The away side has the option of putting the home side into bat. They can either take this option or toss a coin
    Thanks

Is this a new introduction and what benefit is it to the away side, other than losing the toss and being put into bat on a poor wicket or bad weather conditions?
  • Options

redman said:

Toss uncontested - Kent will bat. Harris comes in for Claydon.

Bell-Drummond, Dickson, Denly, Northeast, Gidman, Stevens, Rouse, Parnell, Harris, Tredwell, Coles.

That seam attack is sensational but just look at that tail with Tredders at 10 (he's opened in the CC before) and Coles at number 11.

Now I've said that we will probably be 80 all out!

What does toss uncontested mean?
    The away side has the option of putting the home side into bat. They can either take this option or toss a coin
    Thanks

Is this a new introduction and what benefit is it to the away side, other than losing the toss and being put into bat on a poor wicket or bad weather conditions?
    The thinking of giving the option to the away team is to negate any theoretical advantage home teams might gain from 'doctoring' wickets.

In Kent's case it palpably hasn't worked as Kent put Leicester in and they scored 420. Kent are 102-4 and will be lucky to get a draw.
  • Options
    193-5 at the close. God 54*
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    193-5 at close. Stevens rescuing us again. Draw most likely I would think. Stevens 54 no off 38 balls. Try and get a few batting points hopefully.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I see that Scotland beat Sri Lanka - and that Bexley CC player, Matt Cross, scored an undefeated hundred.
  • Options
    I was there for that. Great ton for Cross and for Coetzer. Made Sri Lankan bowling look pedestrian. Scotland won with ease. its a shame this isn't being classed as a full international like our warm up series with S.Africa.

now I've finally been to Beckenham's cricket ground I can honestly say its a shame Kent don't use it more. Great little ground.
  • Options
    Kent 259 - 5 so 2 batting points so far. 11 needed to avoid the follow on.

God 80* Rouse 40*
  • Options
    On the other hand, a certain side can't stop winning. Kent playing catch up. But you'll have to overcome our own God, the J Leach nobody talks about B)
  • Options
    ...and who may join Stevens and Napier on that hallowed list...
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Unless Hansie Cronje Rises From The Dead this game will be a draw so maximum bonus points are welcome!
  • Options
    462-9 declared by the way. 100 for Stevens, 60 for Rouse, 55 for Tredders and 56* for Coles
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Weird how players like Stevens and Napier never got a single cap for England in any format.

Ton up anyway.

Stevens had a bright start to his career, but then faded, indeed didn't Leicestershire release him which must pain their members even now!

He seemed to reached a peak as he neared 40, which is unusual
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Leuth said:

Weird how players like Stevens and Napier never got a single cap for England in any format.

Ton up anyway.

Stevens had a bright start to his career, but then faded, indeed didn't Leicestershire release him which must pain their members even now!

He seemed to reached a peak as he neared 40, which is unusual
    For whatever reason he rarely bowled for Leicestershire, in #propercricket anyway.

His bowling has been almost as effective as his batting for Kent.