Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2017

Comments

• Options
    Games being streamed live on surrey's YouTube channel of anyone is interested. It's in time with the BBC radio commentary so good to have both...
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Link to the stream (cheers for mentioning @cantersaddick )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbDFM6jwtJ8
  • Options
    Needed that. Roy out. 81/2
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    86-3. Sangakkara out now. He's been done by the one and only Darren Stevens.
  • Options
    108-4. Stevens again. Burns gone.
  • Options
    We've got a bit of a tail today with Haggett coming in at 7. Feel a bit sorry for Rousey but even more for Dickson who has done little wrong. Day for Denly to step up to the mark.
  • Options
    covers are out.
  • Options

covers are out.

How many did they get?
  • Options
    Surrey 141-5

expect Foakes to kick on strong soon though
  • Options

We've got a bit of a tail today with Haggett coming in at 7. Feel a bit sorry for Rousey but even more for Dickson who has done little wrong. Day for Denly to step up to the mark.

It's not as if Haggett's bowling has justified his selection, going at 10 an over

Is Gidman injured?

207-5 off 35
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haggett, Hartley and Thomas all playing, that's not giving me much confidence!
  • Options

Kent commentators said it is down to rotation/ resting as Kent are pretty much out of this competition.
  • Options

Kent commentators said it is down to rotation/ resting as Kent are pretty much out of this competition.
    I guess that makes sense, though it's a bit odd that Denly hasn't bowled yet, as it's bowling that's stood out more over recent matches than his batting...
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Now I'm no genius but I'm studying an economics degree and I've worked as a data analyst so I feel I have a good understanding of maths and logic. I usually understand D/L in cricket but I just don't get it today.

Our score has been adjusted DOWN to 248 so Kent need 249 to win off 41.

So we batted 10 overs believing it was a 50 over game before it was adjusted down to 46 then 41. So surely that would mean our score would get adjusted up? Why down?

Beyond me? Anyone?
  • Options
    TC gets DBD! Wonderful!
  • Options

Now I'm no genius but I'm studying an economics degree and I've worked as a data analyst so I feel I have a good understanding of maths and logic. I usually understand D/L in cricket but I just don't get it today.

Our score has been adjusted DOWN to 248 so Kent need 249 to win off 41.

So we batted 10 overs believing it was a 50 over game before it was adjusted down to 46 then 41. So surely that would mean our score would get adjusted up? Why down?

Beyond me? Anyone?

No idea. Looking academic at the moment, seeing that Kent are pootling along at 4 an over
  • Options
    Need Billings to get big score here rather than a rapid 35
  • Options
    Alex Blake comes in. I'm remembering the first T20 between these 2 teams last year. Blake took us apart...

We soon put that right in the second match...
  • Options
    Blake gone. 143-5

Billings still there, 51 n/o (jinxed it now)
  • Options
    Hello! ;)

How's it going with all the caravan dwellers down in Kent?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hello! ;)

Oi ! And how come Cantersaddick supports Surrey ?
  • Options

Hello! ;)

Because he has good taste
  • Options

Hello! ;)

Haha joking. I'm sitting here in sunny (sorta) Canterbury.

So that's a bit awkward! I've actually lived on Kent all my life! Grew up in Bexley my parents moved to near medway when I was a teenager and ended up at uni of Kent in Canterbury (hence the name) where I've spent the last 5 years bar 1 when I was working in the real world (lol).

Kent are actually my second team and I do often watch games attached the country ground. I just like winding you lot up about it...

My old man grew up in Croydon and my grandfather had a big old townhouse that backed on to Whitgift school (where my uncles went). Naturally that side of the family were Surrey fans. So that came from my dad. Surrey used to play at Whitgift twice a year so we used the bottom of my grandfather's garden as a quick (and free) way in. And of course from bexley it's much easier to hop on a train to watch some cricket at the Oval than it is to drive down to Canterbury and it allows for much more drinking. So my cricketing upbringing was very much Surrey focused.

I've taken plenty of stick for this all my life but that's how it goes.
  • Options

Hello! ;)

My old man grew up in Croydon and my grandfather had a big old townhouse that backed on to Whitgift school (where my uncles went). Naturally that side of the family were Surrey fans. So that came from my dad. Surrey used to play at Whitgift twice a year so we used the bottom of my grandfather's garden as a quick (and free) way in.

Canters, you're dead to me now. I want nothing to do with you.
  • Options
    Canters is a Slurrey fan?
  • Options

Hello! ;)

My old man grew up in Croydon and my grandfather had a big old townhouse that backed on to Whitgift school (where my uncles went). Naturally that side of the family were Surrey fans. So that came from my dad. Surrey used to play at Whitgift twice a year so we used the bottom of my grandfather's garden as a quick (and free) way in.

Don't worry they don't like football. No Palarse in this family!
  • Options

Hello! ;)

Too little too late.
  • Options

Hello! ;)

Too little too late.
    :'(
  • Options
    Had the privilege of a hospitality ticket at the St Lawrence ground yesterday for the annual varsity matches, University of Kent v Christchurch.

My hosts (daughter and son in law) were able to take me all around the ground and stands and press box.

It was just excellent to see the names and pictures of many of my childhood cricketing heroes, Leary, Denness, Luckhurst, Cowdrey, Knott and a whole host more, in the lounges.

St Lawrence is an excellent ground and good views from all round. I'm not sure I would want one of retirement flats currently going up. You would need the number of the local glazier handy, I would imagine.

A great result at the end of the day for Christchurch.
  • Options

Had the privilege of a hospitality ticket at the St Lawrence ground yesterday for the annual varsity matches, University of Kent v Christchurch.

My hosts (daughter and son in law) were able to take me all around the ground and stands and press box.

It was just excellent to see the names and pictures of many of my childhood cricketing heroes, Leary, Denness, Luckhurst, Cowdrey, Knott and a whole host more, in the lounges.

St Lawrence is an excellent ground and good views from all round. I'm not sure I would want one of retirement flats currently going up. You would need the number of the local glazier handy, I would imagine.

A great result at the end of the day for Christchurch.

Sorry you're not allowed to mention varsity or the results yesterday! :'(