Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2017

Comments

• Options
    I was sparing your blushes @cantersaddick - I had no intention of mentioning the fact that the 'proper' university got a bashing. So I won't.

:-)

Good day out tho' look forward to it next year. Some good cricketers out there too.

• Options

I was sparing your blushes @cantersaddick - I had no intention of mentioning the fact that the 'proper' university got a bashing. So I won't.

:-)

Good day out tho' look forward to it next year. Some good cricketers out there too.

Haha don't worry I was only watching. The 3rd team dont have a varsity.

It's very frustrating as we've lost the 1s game every year I've been here. We are normally the better team but bottle it on the big stage and Christchurch raise their game... we usually win the 2s and women's games though. This year we lost all 3. The 1s weren't as strong as usual and lacked a proper bowling plan. Seemed like we were going through the motions...
  • Options
    Glamorgan 356-7

Kent 190-3 off 26

Stevens currently 99 off 47 !!!!
  • Options
    just as I tune back in Billings is out. Big total still to get with us having such a long tail
  • Options
    Stevens out for 147 off 67 balls. Great effort but we are still likely to fall well short now unless Coles has one of his freak innings.
  • Options
    Surrey heading for another crushing victory.

Sorry
  • Options
    A good batting effort to get this close, but a bowling attack including Haggett, Thomas and Hartley is always going to take some punishment
  • Options
    16 to win with 3 overs left . Last pair at the wicket.
  • Options
    Listened to our innings on Radio Kent but deliberately didn't post on here for fear of jinxing what was looking to be an incredible fight back by the lads....well, Stevo anyway.

What a player he is ! Such a pity that we put out a reasonably "poor" bowling attack which inevitably meant he'd finish on the losing team.

Looking forward to the T20's now that we out of this comp.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Listened to our innings on Radio Kent but deliberately didn't post on here for fear of jinxing what was looking to be an incredible fight back by the lads....well, Stevo anyway.

What a player he is ! Such a pity that we put out a reasonably "poor" bowling attack which inevitably meant he'd finish on the losing team.

Friday 14th July at the oval fanny
  • Options

Alas, we'll be dog sitting our daughter's family's pooch while they're in France and wouldn't be able to leave him for the 5-6 hours necessary .

( Phew ! Fear a Kent thumping...)
  • Options

Alas, we'll be dog sitting our daughter's family's pooch while they're in France and wouldn't be able to leave him for the 5-6 hours necessary .

( Phew ! Fear a Kent thumping...)
    As i will be surrounded by my Kent mate's I feel a Blackpool 72 thumping :neutral:
  • Options
    I see that Fabien hasn't totally fallen out of love with cricket - he's played three games so far this season for Lordswood though 25 runs in total doesn't suggest he's any pretensions of getting back in the pro game.
  • Options

I see that Fabien hasn't totally fallen out of love with cricket - he's played three games so far this season for Lordswood though 25 runs in total doesn't suggest he's any pretensions of getting back in the pro game.

That's about what he got when he playing for Kent as a pro!
  • Options

He was doing radio commentary on the Surrey vs Sussex game the other week. At least he has reasonable taste in teams! ;)
  • Options
    Essex likely to make a big score today against a Kent side without Stevo, Tredders, Mitch & Colesy.

But good practice for some of the "lesser" bowlers in a nothing game, I guess.
  • Options

Few fringe players getting a game today. Sensible to give the likes of Ball a runout with nothing to play for.
  • Options
    I imagine Cook is eyeing up another big score...
  • Options
    Looks like it !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    maybe not - gone for 54
  • Options
    DBD just made a superb catch at the 2nd attempt on the ropes to dismiss Zaidi.

Commentators reckon the rain will arrive in Canterbury around 7pm.....

Essex currently 283 for 5 with 3 overs left.
  • Options

Do your rain dance Fanny.
    It's your only hope :)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Had a light sprinkling just now in canters. About a mile from the county ground.
  • Options
    I would expect a complete washout soon
  • Options
    Did we not smack it around to get ahead of run rate?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Did we not smack it around to get ahead of run rate?

I assume we tried to but failed dismally

Billings up top would have given us half a chance
  • Options
    If the rain had come between innings and game abandoned, would the scores/bowling figures of the first innings be included in the players stats or are they treated as null and void?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

If the rain had come between innings and game abandoned, would the scores/bowling figures of the first innings be included in the players stats or are they treated as null and void?

They would definitely have counted as "abandoned match" is treated as a "result" even if it says "no result". If that makes sense!
  • Options
    Went down yesterday. Last minute decision as whether looked so much better in Canterbury than West kent and so it proved. Was always going to be d/l result with the forecast. They were also likely to get a big score. In the afternoon batting conditions were perfect. No cloud cover, warm, no pace or movement in pitch and smaller boundaries. All things considered our young bowlers did a decent job restricting them to 307.
    At the interval conditions changed dramatically. The wind started to blow, clouds came over, rain in the air. When Kent came out Wagner and Potter looked lethal bowlers as the ball started to zip through and swing. Inevitable result but didn't matter. Good afternoon out.