Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Re funds to be made available to Robinson?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    stonemuse said:

Reported on another forum that an 'insider' within the club has stated that 4m will be made available to KR.

Would have thought that doubtful but we shall see.

Knowing the regime and their spin, even if true, it's likely to be £4million over the length of his contract.....2.5 years.

£4m over 5 transfer windows = £800k per transfer window........much more like the quality of players we've attracted and signed since the regime took charge.
  • Options

£400k won't get us into the play-offs. It's a small enough number to enable Robinson to bring a couple in which is the bare minimum needed to replace Lookman and Fox without supporters clearly seeing these for what they are - profiteering to fill the budget holes at the expense of the quality of the first team. Duchatelet may well be slightly more generous in the close season if we make a fist of the last-half of this season. I honestly believe he doesn't want the cost of Championship football but knows we need to be competing in League One to ease the pressure and increase his match day incomes. What's now clear, if it wasn't before, is that Karl Robinson will know where he stands following his begging trip to Belgium - he is going to have to make-do, mend and over-perform if he's ever going to get us out of this division.

This £400k must have already gone on JFC - most assuming the fee somewhere between £400k and £750k.

Does this mean our Jan spending is done? Or done only until Fox is sold and more is made available.

Certainly hope not
  • Options
    £400k is nowhere near enough. KR needs more than double that to get us up.
  • Options
    £400k is ridiculous.

If : we paid £200k to Brighton for JFC and gave him £2k per week over his 2.5 year deal that comes in at £460k

Something about the £400k figure isn't right.
  • Options

£400k is ridiculous.

If : we paid £200k to Brighton for JFC and gave him £2k per week over his 2.5 year deal that comes in at £460k

400K is a fiction .. look up the script a bit, there is a figure of 4 million mentioned .. no-one other than the owners/manager knows how much is available for players
  • Options

£400k is ridiculous.

400K is a fiction .. look up the script a bit, there is a figure of 4 million mentioned .. no-one other than the owners/manager knows how much is available for players
    Agree with this 400k is fiction everyone is getting worked up about something not confirmed. We have had one quality signing so far and I think more will follow. That being said I do not think we will spend a huge amount this month as the summer one is where all the action takes place. I think with another 2 or 3 signings and players returning we will push on now this season. Glass half full I am
  • Options
    All I can say is the £400k came from a normally very reliable source who gets most things correct. Now they could have been told a 'crock of pooh' I guess, but others on here with different sources seem to have heard the same figure.
    I agree that if we paid a substantial fee for JFC then the £400k looks incorrect, but as I have no idea how much we did pay for him, then I can only stand-by what I was told.
    I also never claim anything on any threads but when I saw someone else mention the figure, I just confirmed I had heard the same.
    I hope what I was told was wrong as I cant see us doing much business with that paltry figure, but I suspect differently.....sadly
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2017

£400k is ridiculous.

Agree with this 400k is fiction everyone is getting worked up about something not confirmed. We have had one quality signing so far and I think more will follow. That being said I do not think we will spend a huge amount this month as the summer one is where all the action takes place. I think with another 2 or 3 signings and players returning we will push on now this season. Glass half full I am
    Outs
    Lookman - 7.5 million (rising to 11m)
    Fox - £700K
    Foley

In
    17 year old loanee from Chelsea
    Forster - Caskey - 5th choice midfielder from Brighton, who didn't settle at Rotherham

Glass full / glass half empty. The liquid is still half filling the container !

How about a full bleedin' glass & not a half finished squad for a change ? Still early days on the transfer window, but still the same old, same old so far. Selling off players for more money & getting cheaper ones in. STVV seem to be having a better window though.......
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

According to the SLP, Lookman went to school at St Thomas The Apostle in Nunhead, right under the nose of Millwall. They need to get their scouting system sorted out. They've missed £11 million sitting on their doorstep.

On transfers like this, I always think of the scout who spotted him playing for Waterloo FC, before the Academy Staff and an agent got involved. Its always nice to see the scout get a bonus, or maybe he was recommended by the coach at Waterloo FC, and we followed it up. It is also interesting to know why he wasnt picked out by other London clubs at a younger age and slipped through the Academy net.

I hope it all works out well for him. In previous threads I have commented on his lack of tactical awareness, particularly losing the ball in poor areas or when most of his team-mates had moved in advance of him in the build-up. I suspect that may be a result of joining the Academy late, when most boys would have had 3 or 4 more years football education. Everton will need to address that, especially as Koeman is red hot on keeping possession and not giving the ball away cheaply. Barkley was hooked at half-time at Sunderland earlier in the season for losing possession too easily, illustrating how tough the Premier League environment can be. It will be interesting to see if he is loaned out to a Championship team or stays in the first team squad. Either way, how he develops from this point onwards will be up to him improving his football intelligence to go with his skill & ability.

In a previous thread, I described him as a "Street Footballer". The SLP article confirms he learnt his skills on the all-weather pitch at Brunswick Park in Camberwell. A school-mate lived in Brunswick Villas, so I know that well. He is who he is, because he came through the old fashioned method of learning the game by playing in the local park, rather than starting in the U7s at a league club. English players coming right through the system tend to be very similar in their style, which is often exposed when we get to the finals of tournaments and they cant think or act for themselves, as illustrated in the England v Iceland game. Perhaps Lookman can add different dimension?

I so agree with you. Academy's look almost for a template - where as intelligent lads can develop their own style sometimes without it being coached out of them. They do need coaching in good habits but they need to feel able to express themselves also. That means trying things and making their own mistakes. 0ur youth football doesn't encourage this.

I think players can make massive leaps at quite an advanced age for all different sorts of reasons and that is why we need quality coaching at all levels of the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Left back Lewis Page signed from West Ham
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Left back Lewis Page signed from West Ham

Nicely kept quiet that one
  • Options
    vff said:

£400k is ridiculous.

Outs
    Lookman - 7.5 million (rising to 11m)
    Fox - £700K
    Foley

In
    17 year old loanee from Chelsea
    Forster - Caskey - 5th choice midfielder from Brighton, who didn't settle at Rotherham

Glass full / glass half empty. The liquid is still half filling the container !

How about a full bleedin' glass & not a half finished squad for a change ? Still early days on the transfer window, but still the same old, same old so far. Selling off players for more money & getting cheaper ones in. STVV seem to be having a better window though.......
    Unless you're a premier league club, isn't that how most clubs survive?

So far we've sold a player for a division record fee and are about to sell a left back that most on here think is shit anyway.

Robinson seems to be making some early moves for players he knows, and we're only 5 days into the window. Give him some time!
  • Options
    Every window has been flawed under this mob. I want the best for my club and whilst I am not expecting this one to be any different, what evidence should make me think otherwise, I will be over the moon if it is. I think some backing and trust in the manager will go a long way!
  • Options
    I guess we're only 6 days into the window so we can't really tell how it's going to end up, but I just don't trust them so we'll have to see come 1st Feb
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Roland s turning this around.

Well he's going round in circles I'll give you that.
  • Options

Addickted said:

Addickted said:

So Henry drops one of his "and finally" lines into a totally unrelated post and suddenly it's gospel and everyone panicking about our January spend.

I would have thought you lot would have realised by now how much a little tinker our Henry is with such snippets.

WIOTOS

The thanks I get for giving you a free ticket
    Typical of you - giving away something you got for nothing. Generous to a fault.

So come on - expand on your 5% remark. Is it 5% of the Lookman money plus 100% of the Konsa, Ba, Tex and Fox money?

@SoundAsa£ in apoplexy about it.
    I was told that KR has 400k to spend including wages.

This didn't come from anyone at the club but someone with good contacts.

I made the 5% calculation for comparison. I doubt it is the way RD calculated it but who knows.

I imagine selling Fox will make no difference to the budget but don't know if that is even happening. Lookman hasn't happened, yet, either.
    Window not closed yet, still might be more out and more in, but this rumour seems to have something in it after all.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Reported on another forum that an 'insider' within the club has stated that 4m will be made available to KR.

Would have thought that doubtful but we shall see.