Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Re funds to be made available to Robinson?

Comments

• Options
    HarryLime said:

seth plum said:

Opps. My tablet changed winger to singer.

I think you were right first time. A singer will help us to dance.
    I'd go for the Swedish tenor. No dancing but he loves the club.
  • Options

@Henry Irving

Do you believe this shower can persuade Everton to put £8m on the table for Lookman, when they could only get 1.5m for Gudmunsson.?

Half of that, I reckon

What I've heard from two separate sources. May or may not be true but that is what is being said.

Lookman is young, English and a goalscorer all of which bring a premium.
  • Options
    also he didn't go to Palace in the Summer
  • Options

Redhenry said:

5%, a bloke down the pub said, it must be true..

No, not a "bloke down the pub".

Just as you don't reveal your sources I don't reveal mine but more substantial than that and also three difference sources on the £8m rising to £10m.

Doesn't make it true but more substantial that you overly dismissive comment warranted.
    I can confirm that I was told, exactly, the same thing on Saturday by someone that I trust that might not want me to mention his/her name.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

clb74 said:

Save all that 500 grand for the summer

If Karl doesn't spend that now then Lazy Daisy will have already spent it on 2 more PR guys
  • Options
    I can also confirm from a very reliable source the same as @Henry Irving was told. It seems as though this is the deal for January for KR. I'm shocked its so little to be honest.
  • Options

@Henry Irving

Do you believe this shower can persuade Everton to put £8m on the table for Lookman, when they could only get 1.5m for Gudmunsson.?

Half of that, I reckon

What I've heard from two separate sources. May or may not be true but that is what is being said.

Don't get me wrong. I could imagine that, say Sheff Utd could sell Lookman for £8m and Gud for £5m no problem. Gomez undersold too, with a murky role of an agent ensuring there were no competitive bids.

RD wants to cash in. Instructions must be followed.

Wish I could be less cynical, but where is the evidence that anything has changed?

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Also heard that Everton will stump up £8 million up front. I was surprised by this but source is always bang on. Could be a twist in the tail also.
  • Options

I can also confirm from a very reliable source the same as @Henry Irving was told. It seems as though this is the deal for January for KR. I'm shocked its so little to be honest.

To be fair to Duchatalet, Robinson has also been given Watt and allowed a young loanee who is probably at no cost, and he only needs about 15 points to stay up and meet his target!
  • Options

@Henry Irving

Half of that, I reckon

Don't get me wrong. I could imagine that, say Sheff Utd could sell Lookman for £8m and Gud for £5m no problem. Gomez undersold too, with a murky role of an agent ensuring there were no competitive bids.

Wish I could be less cynical, but where is the evidence that anything has changed?

In reality I think the difference here is that Lookman is not 'demanding' a move, whereas Gomez wanted to move to Liverpool and Gudmunnsson was never, ever, going to play in the Third Division. I don't know why Lookman is so different, but having listened to him speak at a Junior Reds function (with my son) I think he was genuinely committed to us. My best guess is that Lookman has an agent with a different attitude

It's very hard to get top price for a player when the player has let it be known that he has no intention of staying at the selling club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

@Henry Irving

Half of that, I reckon

In reality I think the difference here is that Lookman is not 'demanding' a move, whereas Gomez wanted to move to Liverpool and Gudmunnsson was never, ever, going to play in the Third Division. I don't know why Lookman is so different, but having listened to him speak at a Junior Reds function (with my son) I think he was genuinely committed to us. My best guess is that Lookman has an agent with a different attitude

It's very hard to get top price for a player when the player has let it be known that he has no intention of staying at the selling club.
    But difficult to say "no" to a move when the player is promised four or five times the money he's on.
  • Options

@Henry Irving

Half of that, I reckon

But difficult to say "no" to a move when the player is promised four or five times the money he's on.
    Agreed. I wasn't knocking the players but for some reason Lookman doesn't seem to be behaving the same way. If you can't 'tap up' the player you need to encourage the club to 'move him on'
  • Options

seth plum said:

The Robinson mood music since returning from Belgium seems to me very different than before he left. It feels a lot like equivocation, and very particularly he is expected to justify the departure of Lookman after Katrien Meire assured us he would stay, with the 'can't stand in the lads way/he is a target for thugs' rhetoric.
    Robinson has revived the youngsters being promoted angle. Aribo is a good player but Robinson is heaping pressure on him and Konsa at the moment.
    We don't know what will unfold this window, but I certainly get the feeling we are entering the 'you are the coach, these are the players, make it work Karl, Driesen will help you unless you are too stupid to listen to him' territory.
    Robinson said on more than one occasion he needs two in midfield, a number 10, a singer and a striker, this using addition to knowing what we already have here, and the injury list. Just recently he has also intimated player departures too.
    It feels like we are in a place we have been before, a heavenly place for agents to unload dross.

What's Robbie Williams doing these days ?

If you saw his NYE Big Ben BBC performance - it certainly ain't singing :(
  • Options
    Who knows....maybe there's another club come in for him, its quite possible.
  • Options

Who knows....maybe there's another club come in for him, its quite possible.

Very likely I would have thought. Two bids (Palace in the summer ) gives other clubs confidence he is the real deal and they are all scared of missing out on the next big player. £10mil is not a lot for Prem clubs.
  • Options
    Heard the £400,000 figure yesterday too.
  • Options

Redhenry said:

Just as you don't reveal your sources I don't reveal mine but more substantial than that and also three difference sources on the £8m rising to £10m.

Doesn't make it true but more substantial that you overly dismissive comment warranted.
    Just kidding Henners
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Robinson said on more than one occasion he needs two in midfield, a number 10, a singer and a striker, this using addition to knowing what we already have here, and the injury list.

Unconfirmed rumours Meire to announce the signing of Honey G on a 6 year deal

• Options
    Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Just kidding Henners
    fair enough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Just kidding Henners
    fair enough
    I posted that comment when I was halfway down page one of this thread. :smile:
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Carruthers and Reeves a done deal.Oops.

• Options
    Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Just kidding Henners
    fair enough
    and before you had another chat with your source : - )
  • Options
    Seems that Robinson wants to do an awful lot with his £400k pittance. Reeves, Forster-Caskey, Potts, Byrne !

I suppose we shall see
  • Options
    I guess it depends if he got a gift receipt
  • Options

Seems that Robinson wants to do an awful lot with his £400k pittance. Reeves, Forster-Caskey, Potts, Byrne !

I suppose we shall see

Extra sales.
  • Options
    So if Fox goes for £1m will he get an extra £50k?

• Options

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Just kidding Henners
    fair enough
    and before you had another chat with your source : - )
    Haha
  • Options
    If we can offload Watt etc would help
  • Options
    I'm just wondering how much we paid for Francis Jeffers....